Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers Pre Game Thread. 09/24/23-09/30/23

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be driving my dad to Oregon during the game so my prediction is we'll win since I can't watch.

In reality my expectation is we'll lose, so far our weakness on defense is more stopping the run than stopping the pass, with CMC and Deebo I suspect that will be an issue.

We might catch a break, Aiyuk is expected to play with a shoulder that he missed last game with but now Deebo is on the injured list with a knee and it's not clear yet if he'll play.
Yes, I have to agree. The Niners are a different animal & coached by a future HOF’er. But, the great Bluto Blutarski said it best. Nothing is over until we decide it is lol. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor lol? It ain’t over now. Cause when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Who’s with me? LET’S GO!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We are more of an expert of our team than pretty much anyone not inside the organization. The experts aren't going to worry themselves with digging deep into a team that looks like they will suck.

What was there to dig into?

Nobody predicted we would play this well in the first three games with this roster.

Again - superior coaching and scheme.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If they hadn’t upset Dallas maybe the Niners might have been complacent. I expect the Cards to be tough and ready to play. Still it’s hard to picture the Cards winning this one. Hopefully they’re closer than last year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Few years back we swept them on our way to 4-12 or some crap while they went to the playoffs.
It's the Cardinals and the Niners. Divisional game. We have just as good a shot at owning them this season as they have of owning us.

Redbirds-31
Niners-24

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
win or lose I don’t like em, I spent a couple years working, serving homeless veterans in Sacramento and in the Bay Area. I didn’t like them before that, but grew to really despise them afterwards. Lots of reasons. They do have 5 rings, before cardinals played in their division.

never liked Oakland Raiders either, so I went through football hell and came back to AZ again. they Think being a Cards fan is hell. seem we have different definitions of hell.

It is not if they will screw each other over but when ! They have no honor, no Real moxie, no integrity, no dignity. If they lose , they are merely the shell left behind by the butterfly. If they win, they lie when the truth would sound better.

I hope we knock their whole season down, but think we need another productive RB long term. As cheap as they are, comparably, our back up rbs are struggling. I want a mule, don’t have to be fast, just stubborn.

cards will win, because this new culture embraces the grind in the trenches, instead of avoiding it, enjoy pushing forward for run blocking -balanced, instead of backing up to pass blocking- one dimensionally.

the sweet science of moving another man from point A- to point B - against his will.
Conner likes it, Dobbs like it, Gardack slobbers all over it.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling his is going to be an ugly game. I think beating Dallas helps San Fran. They are not going to take the Cards lightly.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I see a close game for 2.5 quarters and then SF pulling away - and likley covering the spread. They will make the Cards pay for the thin D-line situation by handing it off a million times.

it also doesnt change my brightening outlook for the rest of the season