Arizona Football

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
There was so much hype surrounding Mike Stoops when he came to the UofA that a fan of the team had to be excited. However, in two years Mr. Stoops has only won a total of 4 games so far and is currently 1-5. How can people still be optimistic about the future of this football team, when Coach Stoops cannot win with the team that is given to him?

Will Stoops actually bring a winner to Tucson or is the media just building him up for an eventual crash?

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:
There was so much hype surrounding Mike Stoops when he came to the UofA that a fan of the team had to be excited. However, in two years Mr. Stoops has only won a total of 4 games so far and is currently 1-5. How can people still be optimistic about the future of this football team, when Coach Stoops cannot win with the team that is given to him?

Will Stoops actually bring a winner to Tucson or is the media just building him up for an eventual crash?
Still too early to tell IMO. The program was pretty much at rock bottom when Mackovic was fired. I think Stoops needs at least three or four years to get his players and program in place.

I agree that the early returns have been somewhat disappointing though.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Although Stoops has been a disappointment, they certainly can't fire him because nobody would come to a program that has went through four head coaches in six years. I'm thinking he'll probably get another year or two to show what he's got (the best players on the team are guys Stoops brought in) but getting blown out all the time or losing close games irks the boosters regardless of what we do against ASU. These unacceptable performances continue and Arte Moreno will have to open up that checkbook once again.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
I think anyone questioning Stoops being here will be proven wrong. I'm a die hard UofA fan. Have been since birth. But I'm also realistic. This guy being hired was the best thing to happen to UofA football in years. Give him his time to fix this program. Mackovic practically trashed this football program. Stoops just needs time. With the so called talent on this team, how many games should we have won last year?? We lost against good teams but a lot of the games were close. And this year?? We should have beaten Utah. Should have beaten Purdue. Should have beaten Stanford. And we DEFINITELY should have beat Oregon. We gave USC a scare for about a half. The only game we were never in was against Cal. We are THIS close guys, I'm telling you. He needs to bring in more of his players. Willie T. is going to be a stud for sure. The future is bright, we just need patience...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Nice win for the Cats today on the road in Corvallis. I'll be in the house next week for UCLA so hopefully they can get it together today at Stanford so they'll come in undefeated.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
How can people still be optimistic about the future of this football team, when Coach Stoops cannot win with the team that is given to him?

:shrug: easy.....T-U-I-T-A-M-A

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
How can people still be optimistic about the future of this football team, when Coach Stoops cannot win with the team that is given to him?

:thumbup: I think they will give UCLA all they can handle.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:

Willie "Touchdown" Tuitama! The kid is gonna be a stud!!!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Willie Tuitama won College Football News' Pac-10 Player of the Week. I imagine that's probably the first time ever an Arizona QB won that award. Thank heavens Richard "I only play good against ASU" Kovalsuck and the rest of the Mackovic's band of quitters are no longer the focal point of this team.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
boondockdrunk

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Willie Tuitama won College Football News' Pac-10 Player of the Week. I imagine that's probably the first time ever an Arizona QB won that award. Thank heavens Richard "I only play good against ASU" Kovalsuck and the rest of the Mackovic's band of quitters are no longer the focal point of this team.

Amen to that. I hope he transfers out. He never hit the recievers in the chest, it was always behind, in front, high, low, or to the other team.

Tuitama has looked pretty good so far. All we need now is an O-line and a running back that holds onto the football.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
As far as running backs, I heard that Xavier Smith and Terry Longbons looked awesome in spring camp and that they should be duking it out for the starting tailback spot next year. I don't care which guy takes it, as long as they hold on to the darn ball!! The current U of A backs couldn't hold on to the football if it was duct taped to them. I won't miss Mike Bell.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Who would have thunk three weeks ago that Arizona football would have an infinintly brighter future than the program that resides in Tempe....

and we are going to beat them for the second year in a row, except this time in Tempe....

Oh and im overdosing on Kool-aid BTW.....We are going to beat UCLA too....

The right QB makes all the differnce in the PAC-10 and it looks like we have one for the next four years...at least the apathy that was abound in the program a few years back has completly melted away.....

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't know that Arizona's future is "brighter" than ASU, it's not like Tempe has no good quarterbacks on their depth chart. Even with Tuitama I have some serious questions about the offense of Mike Canales (not to mention Arizona is cursed at the QB position) while ASU fans should be very concerned about where their defense is going.

Oh, and we're not going to beat UCLA this weekend unless my streak of games attended in which UA football loses is broken.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Oh, and we're not going to beat UCLA this weekend unless my streak of games attended in which UA football loses is broken.

Holy cow.

21-0 UA

1st quarter

WHO KIDNAPPED THE UA LOVABLE LOSERS?!?!?!!

:raccoon:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cats hold them on 4th and one.
28 to 0 Cats.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time for UCLA to stage one of their 20 point plus comebacks again!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hate to say it but if the Cats play like this they will destroy the Devils.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
The rout is on.

Nice to see my Cats finally do something in football.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
It is homecoming weekend this weekend. Maybe they need some money?

Seriously, I was thinking of going (since I'm an alumni) but I figured it would be a blow out.