Around the NHL 23-24

Lorenzo

Reaction score
the stars can't even get pucks anywhere near the goal. I haven't seen them play this bad in a long time.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
great third period by skinner, he is the better goalie. I would have pulled Ottenger a lot sooner, what did they have to lose? stars look cooked.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Guarantee there will be a game 7 in the Rangers/Panthers series.
I don't know how to take that lol.

I do hope that you guarantee for Edmonton to close it out tomorrow. would love to see a game 7 in dallas. the only time they won a cup in 99 they had to do it this way with colorado.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know how to take that lol.

I do hope that you guarantee for Edmonton to close it out tomorrow. would love to see a game 7 in dallas. the only time they won a cup in 99 they had to do it this way with colorado.
That series is pretty much over.
You must be registered for see images attach

Lorenzo

Reaction score
@Lorenzo Go Stars! I'm cheering for your team. I want to see a game 7!
Thank you! I think they can do it! but they have to turn the tide. they have been steam rolled the last 2 games. if there's a silver lining they did play really well in that 3rd period and finally broke that 0-8 goal streak that the oilers had. yikes! I've come to peace if it is Edmonton winning. their fans deserve it!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oilers got some puck luck tonight as Dallas was coming hard and just couldn't connect enough.

Looking forward to a great final.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Congratulations to Edmonton
yeah they fully deserve it. we will see in a couple of days if I can muster up the energy to root for them. when the stars drew Vegas I knew they were in trouble having to play Vegas, avs, and the oilers. it was always going to be a tall task. it almost seems unreal that the #1 seed gets that draw.

right now I'm disappointed that 2 years in a row ottenger got outshined by another goal tender. but even beyond that the stars had other problems that reared. their top defensemen play too many minutes and their older players cannot produce anymore with any type of consistency.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Oilers got some puck luck tonight as Dallas was coming hard and just couldn't connect enough.

Looking forward to a great final.
they did have some luck and dallas did not. but Edmonton were also not trying to score anymore. they were trying to win 2-1. if it went 2-2 I know that Edmonton could have flipped the switch to score again. and dallas had no chance to kill an Edmonton PP. Dallas couldn't buy a PP goal because oilers PK smothered them. dallas really looked predictable on their power play as well with their entries. did the refs missed a blatant penalty on mcdavid holding the puck in his hand and skating with it? some of the penalty calls are hard to comprehend. a couple of penalties that suter took were really soft.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cats shut out the Oil in game one despite being out shot. Curious to see what changes are made in game two to get the Oilers big boys some better chances.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I missed most of the game. saw the last 2 mins. even with the extra man late it looked like the oilers had no path to the goal.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
loving the chaos in this game 2 finish. I wish the stars were this physical with Edmonton. I think the refs got soft here at the end putting the teams on a 4 on 4.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kitty cats head waaaaay up to Edmonton with 2 W's in their pocket. The Oil need some secondary scoring in the worst way if they want to make this interesting. They can't keep running Mc/Drai out every other shift.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Kitty cats head waaaaay up to Edmonton with 2 W's in their pocket. The Oil need some secondary scoring in the worst way if they want to make this interesting. They can't keep running Mc/Drai out every other shift.
I'm excited to see the game. dallas and Edmonton had little to no physical play, likely because dallas thought they could just wear down Edmonton 5 on 5 and that never happened. Florida finally unlocked Edmonton's penalty kill. I loved the physical play. My favorite part of game 2 was when there was a skirmish in front of the panthers goal and the refs put them 4 on 4. Florida's coach turns to the ref and says "I don't want to play 4 on 4" lol. I also enjoyed tkachuk going after mcdavid after Connor missed his break away chance.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad Barkov is in for game 3. Pretty dirty elbow from Drai last game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Glad Barkov is in for game 3. Pretty dirty elbow from Drai last game.
wow Florida is taking it to them. is it just me or did the broadcaster seem weak on the call for the opening goal?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently they didn't need the Cup or the brooms tonight. Heading back to FL for game five.