As Expected

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm 32, and I had a low "one year prove it to me" contract like he did, and I was offered this much, I would bolt too. Who knows how many more years he has left. Would you stay at your job for your current salary or bolt to a job that might not be as successful, but are willing to pay you significantly more?

and not just significantly more, but DOUBLE what you were offered...and for a job that could leave you permanently messed up physically for life.

I get people are bummed he's gone (and I am too), but I'm not pissed at him and I kinda think it's ridiculous for anyone else to be.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
and not just significantly more, but DOUBLE what you were offered...and for a job that could leave you permanently messed up physically for life.

I get people are bummed he's gone (and I am too), but I'm not pissed at him and I kinda think it's ridiculous for anyone else to be.
Yup, good for him but this most likely drops our superbowl chance just a tad. I guess we will see what Minter has, and this is Washington's chance to make this his team. I still like our defense, the core has been together for a minute and we weren't dog meat before Karlos got here (again). If our offense improves like I hope it will, we still riding tough in 2014.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, good for him but this most likely drops our superbowl chance just a tad. I guess we will see what Minter has, and this is Washington's chance to make this his team. I still like our defense, the core has been together for a minute and we weren't dog meat before Karlos got here (again). If our offense improves like I hope it will, we still riding tough in 2014.

yup...our D just likely went from great to good, but I think our O goes from okay to good with the Cooper/Veldheer. And we still have money to spend. If we can upgrade the Saftey position, Minter can at least be solid and add another playmaker on D in the draft, the D could be even better then good.

still...such a shame what happened to HB. Losing Dansby, it would have been great to have HB in his second year where he would have likely been even better. Losing both of those playmakers next season is going to be tough, but like I said, we've still got money to spend and hopefully a couple impact players to add in the draft.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Glad to see you agree with me. Brinkley was bad enough to be cut after only one year of a two year deal and Minter couldn't take snaps away from him.

And Minter is still on the team while Brinkley is not.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As I expected Dansby, like before, is all about the money. He could hardly have gone to a less competitive team.

thats supremely selfish and childish to fault a guy for doing what every single one of us wouldve done in the same position.

Dansby wouldve been a moron to turn it down. Hes never done any wrong by us and I wish him success with the Browns.