ASFN Mock Pick #10 YOUR ARIZONA CARDINALS!

Who should Arizona select with the 10th pick in the 2006 draft

• Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

Votes: 83 55.7%
  • Winston Justice, OT, USC

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Lendale White, RB, USC

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • DeAngelo Williams. RB, Memphis

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Brodrick Bunkley, DE, Florida State

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Ty Hill, CB, Clemson

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I chose another FS DT. Because I like defense. Because having another potential monster on the rotation in Pendergast's system is never a bad thing.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, take a peek at the top of the board...you know, the poll

and dreamcasts rocks said

If I am forgetting someone important, please feel free to let me know, or Mods feel free to add someone.

Just complying within the bounds of the request.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Billy Flynt said:
Can't say I'm sold on Cutler (although that's the way I voted). Unfortunately, given the way this mock plays out, he is BPA.
My thoughts exactly. I hope the first nine picks go diffently, because Cutler is without doubt BPA in this scenario IMO.

If the the draft turns out like this, and the coaching staff is not sold on Cutler, then they'll probably trade down to #17 (The Vikings are rumored to like Cutler, and it makes sense for them with Culpepper gone and Brad Johnson being 37?). That would probably give us their #2 and #4. At #17 we could then get Justice or McNeil and use the 2nd rounders on FS/QB/MLBOF or Gilles/Mangold.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
I could see the Vikes trading up with the 9ers and taking Cutler - this would allow Davis to fall to us.... oh please come true...

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Um, take a peek at the top of the board...you know, the poll

and dreamcasts rocks said

Quote:
If I am forgetting someone important, please feel free to let me know, or Mods feel free to add someone.

Just complying within the bounds of the request.

Well, I did not forget him, he was already selected. In that case, why dont all 30 teams select Reggie Bush?

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
Well, I did not forget him, he was already selected. In that case, why dont all 30 teams select Reggie Bush?
Sorry man. I guess I am too stupid to understand your poll. I will delete my post to conform.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ok wally.... :biglaugh:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hawk, M. Williams and Huff are gone.

We picked up Edge so we don't need DeAngelo or LenDale.

Can't pass on another QB. Do it this year.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Easy Wally. No harm, no foul, man. Allow me to buy you a brewski.

:beer:

:cheers:

No, seriously. I was too stoopid. I am getting beaten so badly in the NCAA tourney, that it is getting to be a trend. Bet against me and win. :thumbup:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
:cheers:

No, seriously. I was too stoopid. I am getting beaten so badly in the NCAA tourney, that it is getting to be a trend. Bet against me and win. :thumbup:

:wave:Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. In my Elite 8......only 3 are still possible.

UConn....Nova and Gonzaga

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The final 4 is my only saving grace. I have Villanova, LSU and Memphis left. I need bonus points. Only person I am beating is Dback Jon, and we know his ballot is blank. :biglaugh:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a 'Zona fan, and I always pick them to win it all. Also I hate Duke, and called for a 2nd-round upset. Ah, well. Who likes to win anyway?

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stout said:
Hey, I'm a 'Zona fan, and I always pick them to win it all. Also I hate Duke, and called for a 2nd-round upset. Ah, well. Who likes to win anyway?

I do this too. GW over Duke. :thumbup:

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
I'd really be disappointed if Davis, Huff, Hawk and Ngata are all gone at #10. If we could get a good deal for the pick, I'd take the deal. But, if I had to pick and knowing Denny is a BPA guy, I'd pick Jimmy Williams. I'd have him in for an interview first to see about his attitude. But, he's quick for a big CB and has been a preformer. With coaching, he should have a big upside. I'd see shifting him or Rolle to FS, as a future Griffin replacement. Plus, he returns punts.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
greenway will hit the ground running regardless of who takes him...so will bunkley...and at this point that is what we need if we want to play in january...

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
I'd really be disappointed if Davis, Huff, Hawk and Ngata are all gone at #10. If we could get a good deal for the pick, I'd take the deal. But, if I had to pick and knowing Denny is a BPA guy, I'd pick Jimmy Williams. I'd have him in for an interview first to see about his attitude. But, he's quick for a big CB and has been a preformer. With coaching, he should have a big upside. I'd see shifting him or Rolle to FS, as a future Griffin replacement. Plus, he returns punts.
The War Room had Williams rated as #5 pick a while back. However, after looking over the War Room dish, I'm reluctant about Williams. I'd have to take Tye Hill, maybe Chad Greenway. But would rather trade the pick.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chainthroer said:
The War Room had Williams rated as #5 pick a while back. However, after looking over the War Room dish, I'm reluctant about Williams. I'd have to take Tye Hill, maybe Chad Greenway. But would rather trade the pick.

D'Angelo, Mario or Jimmy Williams

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
D'Angelo, Mario or Jimmy Williams
It was Jimmy Williams at #5. They had Mario rated at #6. This was their "Top
99" around 1/30/06.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
stretchthefield said:
pick - Winston Justice

If we want a QB who has never done a thing just sign Harrington.

I pulled a Dave McGinnis and reaced for a Tackle, I'm just very unhappy with this O-line. They added a dude from the Texans?? Call me Coach Mac, I'm reaching, this team will always suck until this lione plays better

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Is Cutler a pocket passer with quick release? lol I've never seen him and don't feel like going all the way to ESPN Insider... I'll take your guys word for it.

I read about V Davis though and he'd be my pick, if he drops. I've come to this board a few times and asked if there's a top-rated TE (might of been last year actually but) in Draft... always wanted a top-tier TE but I'm not a Football expert. :p With the threat to help in pass attack and the ability to block (although I don't remember them mentioning his blocking skills) - he could open things up for others... kind of like a F/C in Basketball with an outside/inside threat.

Davis could help in both areas, Edge helps in both areas, and 1 more lineman (via Draft or FA) could help - my dad wants another QB though but he wants a pocket passer with quick release... so could that be Cutler?