ASFN: Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're going to have a choice between some good players in round 2 (not including Geno, Barkley, Te'o).

Te'o imo = 3rd-5th round backup/marginal starter 2 down ILB. Can get those anytime.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My top 6 still available:

1 Lacy
2 Cyprien
3 Warford
4 Ertz
5 Menelik Watson
6 Jesse Williams/ Tank Carradine

Steve

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Give me your top 6 now.

G. Smith
M. Barkley
---------------------------
T. Carradine
Z. Ertz
J. Cyprian
A. Okafor
K. Short
M. Watson
L. Warford
E. Lacy
R. Woods
T. Hunter

Dang, there's a lot of good players left and we pick 6th? Do the 49ers still pick 2nd?

Figures the Ravens get one of the top Safeties. Steelers lose Harrison but get Jones. Ravens lose Reed then get one of the two top Strong Safeties in Elam plus Michael Huff and the kings of Defense continue on for another decade.

Meanwhile we lose 4/5ths of our starting secondary but have 5 Guards on the roster, two highly paid free agents, another recent free agent who used to be a starter for both the 49ers and Bears and a draft pick from just last year and what do we draft? A Guard! :bang:

:stick:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Too bad we passed on TA. I think we will regret that move. But, gotta believe Arians and Keim know what they are doing.

Go Cards!

Not really, Kenny Stills will have a much better career and he can be had in third or fourth round... I see KC drafting him before Cards can though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really, Kenny Stills will have a much better career and he can be had in third or fourth round... I see KC drafting him before Cards can though.

I don't like his attitude, his speed or the fact he frequently body catches. He might end up being a decent slot receiver but nothing special IMO. Tavon will be a much better player from day one although I don't expect him to have much success catching the ball downfield. He'll have value out of the backfield for as long as he stays healthy (which might not be all that long).

Steve

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 27s
Good safety off the board. Cards would've liked him, methinks. RT @MikeGarafolo: Cyprien to Jags

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I honestly didn't think Cyprien would be there for us, but watching him go off the board is still disappointing.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 46s
The 49ers supposedly knew exactly who they wanted to take with pick 34. And the Niners have traded the pick to the Titans.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wow... Gave the Niners their 3rd rounder next year.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05