Ask the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The process (so far)

When you post a question, also include who you want to ask. As a suggestion, we would be better served to spread these around to assistant coaches and players.

Emmit has agreed to answer our questions during his weekly press conference. This means our time is limited.

Questions about what strategy is for next week will not get answered. Questions about last week are a much better bet.

Questions that will generate a "pat" answer are pointless so we won't give them to Mac. Neither will will ask insulting questions.

Jo and I reserve the right to prioritize questions as we have limited time with these people. And as always with the exception of Mac, who goes out of his way to answer these, it all depends on who we can snag as they come off the field.

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not being sarcastic in saying this but instead of asking which are the best and worst locker rooms, why not ask him if the team continues to flounder who should the fans hold responsible? Ask him if he thinks the fans should have expected more out of him and his staff this season? Lastly if he doesn't get more out of the players from here on out should he lose his job?

I think those are valid questions in light of the pre-season expectations, the millions being spent on the new stadium, the generally bad play up to this point, etc.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
For Coach Mac:

Does he foresee the use of a two back-backfield with both Emmitt and Shipp?

For any player:

If you have seen ESPN's Playmakers, is there any truth in it? It seems a bit contrived.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mac and hodgins

Mac, it would appear, after watching the rams game, that the 3 down linemen defensive set isn't getting the push we need. What is it you can do to make it more productive?
Hodgins, did you get the pics?

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
The stregnth of the offense going into the season was the running game. What happened? Why take to the air so early so often? It's lead to turnovers (and rookie receiving records) and losses. 30-35 rushes per game and this team is 2-2 at worst.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Jo,
You asked in the last "ask the team" why I inquired about McKinnon's car.
He's restoring an old hot rod. I believe it's a Packard.
It should be done by now, or close to it.

PS: I think you two are doing a fine job.
I believe making relationships and establishing credibility with the players and coaches was an intelligent approach to the situation and will continue to pay off.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Mac - after back to back dissapointing performances and 4 out of five on the season, what reasons can you give the fans to come out for the next game?

A simple question and something I would like Mac to answer - why should we come?

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
Coach Mac - after back to back dissapointing performances and 4 out of five on the season, what reasons can you give the fans to come out for the next game?

A simple question and something I would like Mac to answer - why should we come?

That's two weeks in a row someone asked this and I think it's the most important question he can answer.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
question for Mac. Why does this team seem to so often be unprepared for games while opponents seem so well prepared? Is it the youth of the team or is the offense and defense somehow too predictable?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChiCard
That's two weeks in a row someone asked this and I think it's the most important question he can answer.

AGREED!

But highly doubtful it will be asked! Your first questions CHicard were great ones too! All fair enough questions!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do you guys suck as badly?
Restated - "What's the deal?"

And what steps are you taking to right the ship?

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
For Mac:

Since the 3 and 4 man rushes, backed by a soft zone don't seem to be working, is there any chance we can actually use a defense more like the good defenses in the league, more aggressive??

Or....

Why can other teams find a way to get pressure using a 4 man front, and yet our guys just seem to run into the opposing offensive linemen??

Or....

Could we try to get a little more creative on defense and offense so the opposing team doesn't know the play simply by looking at the formation??

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
For Coach Mac:

How much longer will Kendall be at center?

Do you feel Garcia will fit into the O-Line starting lineup soon?

When Garcia gets back up to speed, will he move into the center spot?

For any (or all) of the players:

Where would you rather be than right here, right now?

seesred

Reaction score
I got a question. Where is Kenny King. I know he has a toe that hurts him. What the heck are they doing to fix it and when can we see him in a game. Thisa kid looked good in pre season. I don't want the it hurts answer,Blake is playing hurt ..Why can't King with a toe. Wrap it up and get out there. Thats what football is all about. Or is it worse than a toe, if so put him on IR and bring in a kid from the practice squad!

GBR

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question, I was planning to ask how he is doing anyway.

Last time I was there (2 weeks ago) Mac was saying how much he missed having King available.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are any of the tough questions like ChiCard asked on the first page of this thread or the "why should we as fans come see this team play on Sunday" Be asked this week????

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally we were going to utilize a 1 gap def scheme to get pressure, more of a shoot, react, adjust, persue type of system rather than the previous 2 gap system of read, react, shoot, persue.

We are still getting no penetration - are we still using the old scheme?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ronald McKinnon really stepped up his play in the second half vs. Dallas. Did the coaches make any second half adjustments that enabled Mac to make more plays. If so, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.