ASU New Coach - Todd Graham from Pitt

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So many coaches tell college programs they're not going anywhere & then do. Todd's just bettering himself & his family just like others! Each time Graham has moved its been an upgrade & who can blame him...it's all about timing & openings. He will turn ASU around in 2 years guaranteed!!!

Were you just on the radio with Bickley & MJ Bucky?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Were you just on the radio with Bickley & MJ Bucky?

That was me O!!!:D

I grew up & went 2 HS with Todd...IMO a great hire & that's not just coming from a friend. He knows how to maximize talent. He was even a DB in cards camp either the last year in st. Louis or 1st year in Az for Stallings.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
So many coaches tell college programs they're not going anywhere & then do. Todd's just bettering himself & his family just like others! Each time Graham has moved its been an upgrade & who can blame him...it's all about timing & openings. He will turn ASU around in 2 years guaranteed!!!

Just remember post when Texas, Oklahoma or Oklahoma State have job openings.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd never heard of him until today, although I am enjoying listening to all the ASU fans FREAK OUT on the radio. It's been entertaining if nothing else. (I consider myself an ASU fan, but not hardcore enough to be upset about the hiring, especially when I know nothing about the guy)

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Sorry but ASU isn't an upgrade from Pitt. Both programs are about equals and he can't recruit Texas from either.

Agreed.

I also know, the Graham family fit the Pittsburgh lifestyle about as much as Tino Sunseri fit the "high octane offense" Graham was running. I'd lay money that this was his determining factor.

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
That being said, when he left Rice for Tulsa, that was his "dream job."

When he left Tulsa for Pitt, this was his "can't miss opportunity."

Now he's saying the same crap about ASU.

Just wait.. In 2-3 years, he'll be singing the same song about some other school.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I feel so sick and depressed. I just want ASU to be a consistent winner, go to the Rose Bowl once or twice a decade, I'm not asking a lot. I don't need a National Title to be happy...I don't ask for the sort of luck the City of Boston has had in the last decade with every team winning, I just want my teams to go to the Playoffs/Bowl Games most years and be fun to watch and have good human beings on their team. I ask so little and receive so much less, this Universe sucks.

What did Ron English do to be so insanely ignored by the ASU AD? Did he say something mean to Lisa Loves partner at some point? Did he tell Dr Crow he stinks?

I'm moving back to Phoenix from Boston in March and was planning on becoming a season ticket holder for ASU football for the 1st time (I'm only 28), but now I just don't think I have any interest to make what for me would be a major financial commitment. I guess I'll buy this terrific Holiday Pack that the D'backs are offering instead.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
College tickets are pretty cheap, a portion of it you can write off. I imagine Graham will keep most people interested despite the fact that he's been proven to be Franchione Light over the course of his career. He has that Southern good old boy drawl and over-the-top intensity that attract stupid people like bugs to a light. Of course those bugs end up getting zapped but that is after the fact.

Last edited:

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
Do you honestly think he'll be here long enough to set up roots and build something? Don't be surprised if the minute Texas tells Mack Brown to move up the chain of command and off the sidelines, he's on the phone with UT admins and drooling like Pavlov's dog.

Texas? The program willing to pay its coach more than any other in the nation? Why would he think he had any chance at all? That's like me thinking I can be President because I was born in the US.

But, otherwise you are correct. Why anyone would hire someone who has demonstrated a complete lack of loyalty is beyond me.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Well, there are reports that he had already sent out feelers to KU and A&M before playing his hand at ASU so I say there's no doubt he'd salivate at the Texas job opening. He'd never get it though unless he won a Rose Bowl at ASU.

Buckybird

Reaction score

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
watching the news conference now.

Graham's wife's parents live here in Arizona. He said this is the first job he took that benefited his wife. Sounds like his whole family is excited to be living here. The wife issue is huge and makes it a lot less likely he is going anywhere soon.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was me O!!!:D

I grew up & went 2 HS with Todd...IMO a great hire & that's not just coming from a friend. He knows how to maximize talent. He was even a DB in cards camp either the last year in st. Louis or 1st year in Az for Stallings.

:thumbup:

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry everyone, but watching this guy, I like him and predict his success here. He's all about football, is excited to be here, and will bring discipline to this program.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh Suggs can screw off. So he's only gonna support his school if they are winners. You're not supposed to bandwagon your college when you're a former player, but to each their own I guess.

Besides, wasn't Erickson a "Winner" ??? Howd that work out for us.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh Suggs can screw off. So he's only gonna support his school if they are winners. You're not supposed to bandwagon your college when you're a former player, but to each their own I guess.

Besides, wasn't Erickson a "Winner" ??? Howd that work out for us.

Yeah, to heck with Suggs. Boy did he end up with a big head or what? Seriously, have you seen the size of that thing? But I'm sure he'll come around in time if this guy delivers (like I think/hope he will). If nothing else, this hire gave all the UA fans a chance to say how sorry they feel for us. I'm pretty sure I saw a tear or two.

Steve

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Leach looks like a saint after hearing some of the stories about Graham. Pac-12 coaches will have a field day when they go up against Graham for recruits.
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/27739/pitt-has-to-start-over-again

Just ask Pitt receiver Devin Street, who took to Twitter on Wednesday to deliver one harsh message after another:

"I feel like dirt and I was just abused. For a year"

"I'm literally sick. That man pulled me in his office one on one and lied to me"

"He's an actor he did it to rice then us now he's gonna do it to ASU... That energy is fake he has them fooled"

Or defensive end Brandon Lindsey, who tweeted, "For someone who said they read the bible everyday, he must've missed the pg that said 'thou shall not lie'"

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Texas? The program willing to pay its coach more than any other in the nation? Why would he think he had any chance at all? That's like me thinking I can be President because I was born in the US.

But, otherwise you are correct. Why anyone would hire someone who has demonstrated a complete lack of loyalty is beyond me.

Just hypothetically speaking... You can also replace Texas with Oklahoma or Oklahoma State and the reaction will be the same.

I do agree and understand if Texas bumps Brown, they're going for someone much more high caliber than Todd Graham.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Mike Leach looks like a saint after hearing some of the stories about Graham. Pac-12 coaches will have a field day when they go up against Graham for recruits.
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/27739/pitt-has-to-start-over-again

Just ask Pitt receiver Devin Street, who took to Twitter on Wednesday to deliver one harsh message after another:

"I feel like dirt and I was just abused. For a year"

"I'm literally sick. That man pulled me in his office one on one and lied to me"

"He's an actor he did it to rice then us now he's gonna do it to ASU... That energy is fake he has them fooled"

Or defensive end Brandon Lindsey, who tweeted, "For someone who said they read the bible everyday, he must've missed the pg that said 'thou shall not lie'"

part of football...happens over & over.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's one staff hire I think he'll make that would make this mess look a lot better. Waiting word ...