ATTN Eagles Fans! Must Read About Our "Pathetic" Homefield Advantage

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I just can't convince anyone of my point, nor am I convinced of yours.

I understand your pride. Clearly you had a 12th man out there last Sunday. All of your most loyal, loudest fans were able to get seats. And they showed up big time. Your own players were amazed.

But the circumstances of ticket sales are just so incredibly different. A week at face value vs six total minutes. Tickets available on ebay and stubhub for $25 vs the current prices at Stubhub.

Seriously, prices START at $250 right now. The first page is up to $400. These aren't the same prices by a longshot.

I would say the exact same thing if this was being played at the Linc. You simply won't have the same amount of rabid, screaming fans in the seats as last week. Scalped tickets and opposing fan purchases will eat into that sound you had last week.

I just don't see how everyone seems to think this won't be the case. Like everyone from last week will be there again.

Dude you are crazy. The Cards fans who will be going to this game realize the enormity of the moment. They will be louder then the first playoff game. Especially with all the noise makers my boys are bringing from here.

It's not going to be the corporate wine and cheese crowd you are thinking. I know people who don't have the money who bought tix because theyhad to be there. If only TV would do it justice.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These aren't the same prices by a longshot.

This isn't the same game by a longshot. Cards fans far and wide realize this. Take a peek at this board...people are flying in from ALL over the country and from England as well. Fans are hosting other fans. This IS the freaking superbowl to Cards fans...we've never been here before. They ARE paying out the nose for tickets. They ARE travelling like it's the biggest game of their lives (and it is, so far).

It's going to be LOUDER.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Do you prefer him to be twelve stories high and made of radiation? Because he can be that, too.

My 6'2" frame would probably have a better shot that way. At least when I'm on offense.

Defense might be a challenge.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember when the Eagles went to St.Louis for the NFCCG back in 2001(?)

Andy Reid had the team practicing at their indoor practice facility while piping in loud annoying music. I'd tend to believe that they're doing something similar this week in preparation for UoP stadium.

Being at home will make a bit of a difference for the Cardinals. But it's cute how so many of you think it's going to be a game changer against a playoff seasoned team like the Eagles.

Hopefully the end result for the Eagles will match that 2001 NFCCG.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
I will be sure to remember this thread as well, as I'll be paying it a visit on Sunday evening to discuss how little of a role the crowd played in the Eagles' play.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I will be sure to remember this thread as well, as I'll be paying it a visit on Sunday evening to discuss how little of a role the crowd played in the Eagles' play.

All we ask is that you comeback and not spend the night on your own MB discussing what went wrong. :)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I understand your pride. Clearly you had a 12th man out there last Sunday. All of your most loyal, loudest fans were able to get seats. And they showed up big time. Your own players were amazed.

But the circumstances of ticket sales are just so incredibly different. A week at face value vs six total minutes. Tickets available on ebay and stubhub for $25 vs the current prices at Stubhub.

http://www.stubhub.com/arizona-cardinals-playoff-tickets/cardinals-vs-eagles-1-18-2009-740183/

Seriously, prices START at $250 right now. The first page is up to $400. These aren't the same prices by a longshot.

I would say the exact same thing if this was being played at the Linc. You simply won't have the same amount of rabid, screaming fans in the seats as last week. Scalped tickets to more casual fans and opposing fan purchases will eat into that sound you had last week.

I just don't see how everyone seems to think this won't be the case. Like everyone from last week will be there again.
Normally I would be inclined to agree with you, but the Cardinals are not a regular franchise. These fans have been waiting for this for 20 years!!!!!!!!! You better believe those same rabid lunatics did whatever it took to get a ticket for Sunday.

This is also a reason why I dont think there will be too many Eagles fans there. Iggle fans have spent money going to these games 4 times in the last decade. The cheesesteak industry cant be doing good enough to fly you guys all over the place every year. Also, with the way the media is calling for this game to result, I would think many of your comrades are saving for the SB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

http://www.stubhub.com/arizona-cardinals-playoff-tickets/cardinals-vs-eagles-1-18-2009-740183/

I would say the exact same thing if this was being played at the Linc. You simply won't have the same amount of rabid, screaming fans in the seats as last week. Scalped tickets to more casual fans and opposing fan purchases will eat into that sound you had last week.

here's what you're not getting. Even those of us that were there two weeks ago will be EVEN LOUDER. My brother, who's been going to games for 20 years is driving in from California and just texted me that he bought 25 red megaphones and noise makers... over 160 games he's been to... and he's never even THOUGHT of doing something like this. And I'm sure many, many, mnay more are doing the same thing.

There's signs on buildings saying GO CARDS!, Flags on cars, everyone is talking about, even little old ladies in my physical therapy classes... and all of the above... NEVER HAPPENS. Again, this may be old hat to you guys, but it is truly mindlboggling to the Valley and you're gonna see that mindbogglingness transfer over to that stadium tenfold. And the idea that "casual fans" will buy the more expensive scalped tickets... over die hard cardinals fans is laughable. People have been waiting FOREVER for this game. It's something you really can't understand (and you should be happy about that) and they're willing to pay for it. Now add in the fact that there's 7K more tickets sold and well, your theory that it won't be as loud as two weeks ago doesn't just sound dumb, it sounds moronic.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's what you're not getting. Even those of us that were there two weeks ago will be EVEN LOUDER. My brother, who's been going to games for 20 years is driving in from California and just texted me that he bought 25 red megaphones and noise makers... over 160 games he's been to... and he's never even THOUGHT of doing something like this. And I'm sure many, many, mnay more are doing the same thing.

There's signs on buildings saying GO CARDS!, Flags on cars, everyone is talking about, even little old ladies in my physical therapy classes... and all of the above... NEVER HAPPENS. Again, this may be old hat to you guys, but it is truly mindlboggling to the Valley and you're gonna see that mindbogglingness transfer over to that stadium tenfold. And the idea that "casual fans" will buy the more expensive scalped tickets... over die hard cardinals fans is laughable. People have been waiting FOREVER for this game. It's something you really can't understand (and you should be happy about that) and they're willing to pay for it. Now add in the fact that there's 7K more tickets sold and well, your theory that it won't be as loud as two weeks ago doesn't just sound dumb, it sounds moronic.

Isnt it 10,000+ more Cheesy? Didnt we go from 63,000 to about 73,000?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Normally I would be inclined to agree with you, but the Cardinals are not a regular franchise. These fans have been waiting for this for 20 years!!!!!!!!! You better believe those same rabid lunatics did whatever it took to get a ticket for Sunday.

This is also a reason why I dont think there will be too many Eagles fans there. Iggle fans have spent money going to these games 4 times in the last decade. The cheesesteak industry cant be doing good enough to fly you guys all over the place every year. Also, with the way the media is calling for this game to result, I would think many of your comrades are saving for the SB.

This is precisely the situation... There are thousands of bag-wearing Cards fans who have been sitting at home each Sunday, waiting for the day to come when they would feel comfortable taking off the bag and proclaiming their alegiance to the Cards. Well, that day has arrived!
Along with the added seats, this crowd on Sunday will dwarf the noise level at the Fowlcon game! My guess is that 75% of the stadium will be filled with fans who are either season ticket holders, or have gone to multiple games this year and last. There will be another 20% of fans who were the fence-sitters/bag-wearers... This 20% might even scream more loudly than the 75% with all of their decades worth of pent up fanship waiting to explode...
The balance of the fans will be a mixture of Iggles fans, impartial attendees, and people who live in the valley and are leaning toward becoming a Cards fan.
Any way you slice this, Sunday is going to be the loudest stadium any of us have ever heard... I'm telling you - the engineering of the stadium will be supremely tested!!

;)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Isnt it 10,000+ more Cheesy? Didnt we go from 63,000 to about 73,000?

I had heard the number was closer to 13,000... They left in the seats in the northendzone that were put in for the Fiesta Bowl, and then added a huge number of seats in the southendzone...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm going to try and yell so loud that it's going to peel the flesh off McNabb's face and turn Andy Reid into a male version of Twiggy.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm going to try and yell so loud that it's going to peel the flesh off McNabb's face and turn Andy Reid into a male version of Twiggy.

Get a damned megaphone and it will make it easier. I can give you one at halftime if you cant get one before.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Get a damned megaphone and it will make it easier. I can give you one at halftime if you cant get one before.

It'd be funny if the big brass had like 50k ordered and gave them out, that would be hilarious.

I doubt they will so people will have to improvise, the best people can do is spread the word once at the game and having given out all you can give out the regulars should be in charge of showing the newbies how to make one in a pinch.

All of this helps but what makes me feel the best is the players newfound approach.

The fact they're bonded as team is THE factor that will carry us forward or not.

We live or die as a team and that's exactly how it should be.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

no, you're right . . . there won't be. there will be a sh*tload more REAL fans flying in from all over the WORLD (not country, but WORLD - see English!!). and those of us that are returning, are bringing megaphones and clapping noise makers. i just bought 30 megaphones and 10 clappers to hand out. didn't have those the first time around. yeah, it won't be as loud. BRING DA NOIZE!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember when the Eagles went to St.Louis for the NFCCG back in 2001(?)

Andy Reid had the team practicing at their indoor practice facility while piping in loud annoying music. I'd tend to believe that they're doing something similar this week in preparation for UoP stadium.

Being at home will make a bit of a difference for the Cardinals. But it's cute how so many of you think it's going to be a game changer against a playoff seasoned team like the Eagles.

That worked out well for them didn't it? They did only lose by what 5 points?

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:notworthy

Mike Smith complimented our fans, and he also said during pregame about our team "that's a bunch of good looking players over there...they've got a good team."

He was miked. He also said, "LOOK HOW BIG THEY ARE!"

Reaction score
I just listened to former Eagle and current Cardinal Rod Hood do a phone interview on 610 WIP in Philly. When asked if he thought crowd noise was going to be a problem for the Eagles, he chuckled and said almost exactly what I've been trying to say. That this group of Eagles has been through too many tough playoff games on the road over the years to be affected by something like crowd noise. He said once players get into the flow of the game, they hardly even think about crowd noise.

There. Your own player said it. He has heard the best you have to offer, and doesn't think it will be any kind of problem for the Eagles. He was also palling around with Eagles players at the time of the interview. Thought that was kinda cool.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hood is just lulling you guys into a sense of false security. Because you know, we suck. Worst team in the league. We have no chance at stopping you or scoring on you. We just hope you fall down when we throw it so we can get a few points. And maybe your guys cut into us and trip, so we can hold down the running game to less than 200 yards.