Audio: Grimm Meets Local Media

NavyVet

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be surprised to see Pittsburgh not choose Whisenhunt. Ben Roethlisberger thrives in his offense, and bringing in a new OC would probably set them back longer than they want. I can't see him staying on if Grimm gets the job.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
So this presser was before the interview was over.......wonder if we will hear anything else????

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was equally impressed by Grimm and Chow out of the 4 who held pressers.

Grimm came across as a physically demanding, tough and intense coach but by no means "dumb."

Chow came across as cerebral and self-assured but by no means namby pamby.

If both candidates were equally available, I believe it could come right down to which personality-type everyone feels would be the best fit for the Cards and their commitment to winning.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was equally impressed by Grimm and Chow out of the 4 who held pressers.

Grimm came across as a physically demanding, tough and intense coach but by no means "dumb."

Chow came across as cerebral and self-assured but by no means namby pamby.

If both candidates were equally available, I believe it could come right down to which personality-type everyone feels would be the best fit for the Cards and their commitment to winning.

Yup. Agree all the way.

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
KFFL

Steelers | Team possibly to hire from within
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 07:43:05 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers assistant coach Russ Grimm and offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt appear to be the front-runners for the team's head coaching vacancy. The team could have a new head coach in place by the weekend.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's definitely got the Andy Reid vibe going on. I like that kind of coach.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Grimm but I also like Chow. I don't want Sherman or Whisenhunt. Since they are in the playoffs there was nothing really reported on the Rivera, Caldwell and Cameron interviews. If one of them is a finalist, we won't know until their team is out of the playoffs or after the super bowl. Grimm may not want to make any move until he hears about the Steeler job. Bottom line it may be awhile before we have a HC here.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. He's freaking Tony Soprano.
2. Regarding defense: "People don't go to the rodeo to watch the Cowboy ride the Bull. They want to see the Bull buck him off. People want to see people flying around, making the big hit. " :thumbup:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the type of defense I dream about. A defense that scares people. One that causes "injuries" to WRs and RBs in the week BEFORE the game!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahaahha...totally. He completely had the Tony Soprano vibe going on.

Would you want to go explain to him why you fumbled, dropped an INT or got Matt drilled because you missed your block?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I wish Grimm would have put more toughness into Oliver Ross when he coached him. :(

Reaction score
A question an ASFN'er with a press pass whould have asked:

What do you think of Oliver Ross?
I actually did speak with Russ Grimm the evening prior to the Cardinal's preseason game against Pittsburgh, and I asked him that very question!

All Grimm replied was, "He was a good player for me!"

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
a thought

I wonder if we hire Russ Grimm as HC if he will want to retain the service of Mr. Turnstile, err Oliver Ross at right tackle?