AYTON TRADED!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Props to Big Nurk for the game last night - started off a bit shaky but really dialed it in and focused in the second half - that was kinda special if you ask me - it was like both their careers in one game - Ayton flashed at the beginning but Nurk got stronger and became a huge factor at the end - when it counts

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That is 100% Shade
No shade, just the truth. He needs to play hard every night. Watched the channel 3 recap, and they said last night's game was a metaphor for Deandre's stay here in the Valley, started off great and then just faded as the game went along.....

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Imagine being a Portland fan - watching Ayton and Nurk start the game like that - then the transition when heart literally supersedes natural ability - and with what they're paying Ayton - man that's gotta hurt - I bet we'd be calling for the GMs head

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They showed all of his dunks

That video clip of the game winning dunk against the Clippers in the playoffs was amazing. Every time I see it, I'm in awe.

Sadly, depending on how one looks at it, both Crowder and Ayton are gone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that no one is casting direct insults at the kid. He's an enigma, and for him I hope he gets things worked out.

He's a modern day Joe Barry Carroll.
Yeah. Dude just doesn’t have fire inside of him. That’s a defect as far as a basketball player is concerned, but says nothing about him as person. Just seems like a big, insecure goof. Nothing wrong with that.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I really like that fly-by by Keyonte George.

I can get where shaq is coming from on these.

With Chet, can you imagine what Shaq would do if a PG ended up on him?

Shoot, even some of the older 4s that could work outside, like Bird, would have been almost insulted and looked to punish that.

We already talked about that Ayton clip, but adding the context of I bring domination, I'm domin-ayton to it, would make Shaqs head explode.

He was actually and factually dominant.

He played with dominant bigs, both at the 4 & 5 that would punish you with a screen and then establish themselves with force rolling to the post - hoping to grab a mismatch or an out of position defender.

Just such a disconnect between what he thinks he is and what he actually is

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No shade, just the truth. He needs to play hard every night. Watched the channel 3 recap, and they said last night's game was a metaphor for Deandre's stay here in the Valley, started off great and then just faded as the game went along.....
I don’t think Book took a shot. He was being honest. DA doesn’t love basketball. He loves what basketball brings him but he doesn’t truly LOVE the game.

And look, he’s got a max contract. He’s set for life financially, but until he gets a killer instinct (which is hard to develop) then he will always be what he is. Hopefully as he gets older he recognizes it but I just don’t see it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm glad that no one is casting direct insults at the kid. He's an enigma, and for him I hope he gets things worked out.

Word - I was actually cheering him on there for a minute - we were well ahead when he was DominAyton so it was nice to see the guy dribbling making contact and throwing it down - caught myself quoting 2pac - "I aint mad at ya" lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah it’s tough to be mad at someone who’s just so self unaware. He’s an affable kid. But unfortunately he’s very much a kid still. In an industry where you have to grow up quickly, he’s stuck in his immaturity.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can get where shaq is coming from on these.

With Chet, can you imagine what Shaq would do if a PG ended up on him?

Shoot, even some of the older 4s that could work outside, like Bird, would have been almost insulted and looked to punish that.

We already talked about that Ayton clip, but adding the context of I bring domination, I'm domin-ayton to it, would make Shaqs head explode.

He was actually and factually dominant.

He played with dominant bigs, both at the 4 & 5 that would punish you with a screen and then establish themselves with force rolling to the post - hoping to grab a mismatch or an out of position defender.

Just such a disconnect between what he thinks he is and what he actually is
As silly as it is that Chet didn’t try to back oaul down we have to understand he’s 208lbs stretched over 7’1. Paul is 185lbs (likely heavier) compacted into 6’0. Paul has all the leverage and strength. Chet can’t possibly back Paul down. Comparing shaq, who was 301lbs as a rookie in summer league, is a farce.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
As silly as it is that Chet didn’t try to back oaul down we have to understand he’s 208lbs stretched over 7’1. Paul is 185lbs (likely heavier) compacted into 6’0. Paul has all the leverage and strength. Chet can’t possibly back Paul down. Comparing shaq, who was 301lbs as a rookie in summer league, is a farce.
Use your feet to beat leverage and go around him.

Just shoot over him.

Throwing a terrible pass out of a mismatch is terrible.

You abuse that until they do it no more.

Heck, Shawn Bradley would have eaten that up and he was a twig and not exactly the most aggressive or physical offensive player

It's really, really, really basic basketball and post play - unfortunately, credible post play is dying fast

I wasn't comparing Shaq, just mentioning what he must think sent such a thing.

Shaq would have broken him in half. So him seeing someone playing soft and making horrible passes out of the mismatch must be mine numbing

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Just shoot over him.

Heck, Shawn Bradley would have eaten that up and he was a twig and not exactly the most aggressive or physical offensive player

It's really, really, really basic basketball and post play - unfortunately, credible post play is dying fast

Shaq would have broken him in half. So him seeing someone playing soft and making horrible passes out of the mismatch must be mine numbing
I’m not absolving Chet entirely. Just pointing out this isn’t as obvious as many would believe because he’s bigger. He is an at a disadvantage from a strength, leverage and experience perspective. Would I expect a season 2 or 3 Chet to just turn and shoot over an old cp3? Yes. Maybe even a later season rookie Chet. I just understand that many bigs today, particularly those that are feather light (Chet was 195lbs last year) haven’t exactly honed their power moves within the first month of playing nba basketball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Just shoot over him.

And would shaq react that way? Of course! He did so. But he did so because he’s also generally a buffoon that fails to recognize the gargantuan difference between his physique as a rookie and Chet’s.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I’m not absolving Chet entirely. Just pointing out this isn’t as obvious as many would believe because he’s bigger. He is an at a disadvantage from a strength, leverage and experience perspective. Would I expect a season 2 or 3 Chet to just turn and shoot over an old cp3? Yes. Maybe even a later season rookie Chet. I just understand that many bigs today, particularly those that are feather light (Chet was 195lbs last year) haven’t exactly honed their power moves within the first month of playing nba basketball.

No. It is absolutely obvious.

He's not at a leverage disadvantage. He just doesn't know it or know how to use it - or just as bad doesn't have the confidence to do it.

He doesn't even need to bump him from that position, but could definitely bend over him to feel where his exact advantage is

Real basic footwork and body position you have him sealed.

Could be experience, but that would speak to a lack of coaching and work previously as this is really basic stuff.

Just comes off as really passive.

There is zero CP can do to keep him from scoring without help and Chet doesn't even do enough to make the defense adjust or draw help to free a teammate.

If he's to reach his potential that needs to get in his game quick

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22