BA&SK Draft Plans

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on guys, you know that Mitch likes exercising his creative license.

That's why I asked I think it would be cool if they really did tell us what their draft board looked like.

I don't follow the draft nearly as closely as I used to so I figured it was possible that had in fact happened and I just wasn't aware of it.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Nice comparison of the Austin Collie situation to Ryan Swope. Every situation is different, but at least there is hope that perhaps Swope can return.

On TE, please NO on Arthur Lynch. I am a huge UGA fan and catch most of their games. Lynch certainly looks the part, but he just can't consistently catch the ball. Drives me crazy!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Nice comparison of the Austin Collie situation to Ryan Swope. Every situation is different, but at least there is hope that perhaps Swope can return.

On TE, please NO on Arthur Lynch. I am a huge UGA fan and catch most of their games. Lynch certainly looks the part, but he just can't consistently catch the ball. Drives me crazy!

Perhaps unfairly, but after Leonard Pope I'm leary of Bulldog tight ends.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Speed creates mis-matches. So does height and physical dominance. While I agree this team could use a burner to keep DB's honest, another dominant physical WR is never a bad thing. Esp. with Fitz' current and next season's cap numbers. You could always use one in the slot and work in a speed guy as well with 4 wide. We don't know what Fitz will/wants to command in two seasons so all options should be on the table.

Disagree, speed creates SPACE. Forcing teams to defend the entire field creates space underneath for WRs, TEs and the running game. It prevents S's from playing downhill all game and can create more big plays versus press coverage because it limits the defenders ability to recover. A speed WR puts more pressure on the secondary because speed can create both instant seperation as well as vertical splash plays. In our division especially, moving Eric Reid and Earl Thomas a little bit further from the line of scrimmage will make a huge difference.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good info Mitch. I like Fales a lot too....I think he has great accuracy and anticipation...whats the earliest you would go after him...Im thinking fourth round area

Once we are drafting at 20 or above I have no idea who we might take. So many really good players we no nothing about are available but are know to teams who do good scouting jobs. I do think we could pick up 1 or 2 very good players in FA. It worked last year and could work again this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky