Back from the game:great weekend

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It turned out to be a perfect weekend. Ohio State beat Texas, the Cards won, i won money in Vegas, and the marriage went off without a hitch.

Some thoughts. The stadium lived up to all it's hype. I can't wait to get back out there. I couldn't believe how loud it was in there. The Cards truly have a home field advantage. I met a few people that post here before the game. Duckjake,and others, at Derm's tailgate. All true Cards fans and very nice people. I wish i could've stayed around a bit longer but my new wife wanted to get into the stadium and check things out.I tried to remember where the halftime meet was but couldn't.I also couldn't find the Red Heat wrecking crew banner but i may have been in the wrong lot.

As for the game, i think the Cards are clearly a good football team. Everything SF did to score early on was via mis-direction. That kind of stuff works alot better earlier in the season when teams are hyped up. I can't really comment on the 2nd half as those 16 and 24 oz. beers were flowing pretty good and the game gets a bit blurrier into the 4th quarter. I'll be able to see alot more when i watch on TIVO.

The only bummer of the weekend was McDuffy's. It was a nice place and good sports bar but an hour before kickoff they informed us that the OSU/Texas game only going to be on a small TV because all the othr screens were going to be on the NASCAR race. C'mon, it was #1 vs.#2 and we get a Nascar race? Oh well, it worked out. We went to the half moon cafe in Phoenix and watched it with about 10 OSU fans that were there. All in all, a great weekend and i'll definitely make the trip again and,hopefully, meet some more of you.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice glad to hear that you had a good time i'm actually going to vegas in a few months with a couple of friends cant wait :)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats on getting married.. glad you had a good time at the game!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Glad you could make it by. You left too soon though as I was going to show you where the Cards outdoor store was over on the lawn and try to get by Rats.

But you probably made the right move going inside as it was HOT on that pavement and got hotter as more cars came in.

When you make it to another game look for us because "we'll be back".

Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
The only bummer of the weekend was McDuffy's. It was a nice place and good sports bar but an hour before kickoff they informed us that the OSU/Texas game only going to be on a small TV because all the othr screens were going to be on the NASCAR race. C'mon, it was #1 vs.#2 and we get a Nascar race?
:shock: That's just stupid!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05