Barbosa not going anywhere - article

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Yuma wrote: Most fans expect European players to have a long development time. I don't understand why that doesn't apply to a foreign player like Barbosa, also.

Becuase this isn't the clippers we cannot afford to have a player play important minuets just fold at the first sign of adversity.

i dont see why people are so down on barbosa. he is very young and was injured last season. i also dont know who we could get to come play for the min that would be any upgrade to barbosa. yes the offense doesnt run as well as it does with nash but the same could be said about almost every other pg in the league and def all those who would be available for the min.
I dont get why people are so high on him, he really has never done anything to impress me as a point gaurd. His game is pretty much drive miss the cutter and kick it out for a three or try a difficult fall away layup, and he shoots threes which is irrelevent for a point gaurd. Seriously like I have said a million times Leandro does not lack raw talent but he severely lacks the mental stability to play pt. guard at a high level right now. One could easily argue that right now the Suns can afford to ween Leandro like they have at this time on this team as the #2 pt guard. Sure he could be the third option and that is fine but at some point (it might be mid way) I think the Suns will make a move for a more stable force at pt. the time for the Suns to strike is pretty much 3 years with Nash and probably their best chance is this year and next brining in someone who won't piss his pants out there might not be the worst thing in the world.

The bottom line is the summer leauge doesn't mean crap and the reason Barbosa is still here is because he is inexpensive but Leandro is due another contract if he doesn't produce he is not going to get paid 3-4 million a year by the Suns.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
i dont see why people are so down on barbosa.
'Cause he's a tweener -- a "2" guard in a point guard's body.

If he sticks in the NBA, his role will probably be beyond the first 8 or 9 -- to be called upon when his speed will liven things up (that's a plus), but not to run the offense (that's a minus).

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody think it's possible that the Phoenix Suns are just trying to increase Barbosa's trade value? I'm not saying that's the way it is, but I do think that might be what they are doing.

Joe Mama