Basketball going back to NBC Broadcasts

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be too sure. Cord cutters didn’t have access to TNT.
I am one of them. Maybe not all but TNT has been part of my last two live streaming subscriptions (I have Hulu now).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have the local channels including channel 3 in Arizona, plus TNT and ESPN on DirecTV satellite.

Recently I lost access to NBA TV on my package. I hope that is enough to follow the Suns.

Consider Sling if you want a cheaper alternative and get away from cable. They have ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV on a plan for $30 a month, I think. I always sign up for the playoffs and ditch it when the Suns get booted so usually get a promotional price for a month before it gets billed again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider Sling if you want a cheaper alternative and get away from cable. They have ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV on a plan for $30 a month, I think. I always sign up for the playoffs and ditch it when the Suns get booted so usually get a promotional price for a month before it gets billed again.

Thanks. I will check it out. Hopefully they carry the local channels.

I'd like to keep Discovery and National Geographic as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks. I will check it out. Hopefully they carry the local channels.

I'd like to keep Discovery and National Geographic as well.

Local channels aren't included. You can get those with an antenna. I believe Discovery and Nat Geo are on there though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Local channels aren't included. You can get those with an antenna. I believe Discovery and Nat Geo are on there though.
You'd be surprised, there are a lot of places in this country where antennas are basically useless. And that includes where I live as we can't get any channel even with a rooftop antenna.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yep this is exactly what I used to do. This past year i've been TV subscription free though with the games being aired over rabbit ears. But that one Sling package packs a lot of value.

Before most streaming services was DTV Stream, I think it was called, it was only $45, just before youtubeTV was a thing. That streaming package was amazing, but dtv caught on and removed the service and started charging differently.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am out of antenna range, so this keeps me with DirecTV. The local channels give me the Cardinals and Suns, at least for now.

There doesn't seem to be one affordable, perfect television package anymore.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this earlier on another thread.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media