Be careful what you wish for...

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
pokerface said:
With Diaw in the lineup that helps AMARE. Amare is going to be the focal point....not Marion. I'd rather Diaw be dishing his sweet assists to Amare for high percentage shots than Marion taking his jumpers. With Diaw and Amare why is Shawn so necessary? He's not!

Marion's role is as a perimeter defender, rebounder, weak side shot blocker, and lead man on the break.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pokerface said:
With Diaw in the lineup that helps AMARE. Amare is going to be the focal point....not Marion. I'd rather Diaw be dishing his sweet assists to Amare for high percentage shots than Marion taking his jumpers. With Diaw and Amare why is Shawn so necessary? He's not!

Yeah your right, a team that didn't have enough rebounding and defense with both Amare and Marion in the lineup proves we need less of that on the team I guess.

The team will still focus on Nash dishing the ball not Diaw. The team still needs MORE rebounding and defense not less. :bang:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With KT, Amare, Diaw as starters thats a lot of rebounds! Plus you guys dont even know who we would aquire for Marion...He chould help with defense and rebounds as well. Maybe Dalembert?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pokerface said:
With KT, Amare, Diaw as starters thats a lot of rebounds! Plus you guys dont even know who we would aquire for Marion...He chould help with defense and rebounds as well. Maybe Dalembert?

Diaw is not a great rebounder and remember he won't be in the same spots on the floor this year with Amare taking up that space. This is also assuming we still have Kurt.

Even if we don't, I will hedge my best on proven players like Marion and Kurt before some free agent or draft pick.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have no problem keeping Marion another year. After next season is when it gets dicey as far as salaries.