Beanie Questionable for Seahawks Game

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
dang, what is it with this guy...dude needs to start taking yoga classes or some kind of stretching routine (heck, martial arts would do), he would probably be faster and all these dingy irritating injuries might go away

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
dang, what is it with this guy...dude needs to start taking yoga classes or some kind of stretching routine (heck, martial arts would do), he would probably be faster and all these dingy irritating injuries might go away

I hope this is all right...

Paul Ryan said:
John Lott's the best strength and conditioning coach in the NFL.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Prior to the Levi Brown injury, I proclaimed that the Cardinals 1st round draft pick in the 2013 draft would be a RB.

Now we're looking at either a LT or QB, but RB is still up there.

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Prior to the Levi Brown injury, I proclaimed that the Cardinals 1st round draft pick in the 2013 draft would be a RB.

Now we're looking at either a LT or QB, but RB is still up there.

If we take anything besides a LT or QB at #4 in the draft (see what I did there?), I will find Rod Graves and go BPA upside his head.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we take anything besides a LT or QB at #4 in the draft (see what I did there?), I will find Rod Graves and go BPA upside his head.

I say if we're (when we're) picking in the top 7 or 8, then thatll put us within reach of the #1 overall pick.

Not like the Falcons who had to move from the 20s to 8 to get Julio Jones, and thus pulled a 30 year mortgage on their franchise to make that trade.

Itll prob cost us a future 1st rounder, but itll be worth it if we pick up a real, franchise QB or LT.

IMO, those guys are USC QB Matt Barkley or Bama LT DJ Fluker.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think Tyler Wilson is the best QB at the moment but this college year should put better perspective on the situation. If we do not draft OT or QB, I will be mildly upset and BPA old man Bidwill's vanilla ice cream :D

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It sucks but it's predictable suckage. Whoever has Ryan Williams on their fantasy gig is going to have a huge day. I don't play fantasy but that cat is going to get some serious touches, let that fullback lead the way to a 100+ day!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, I hope Williams' knee holds up this season.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
For all the hand wringing how many games has Wells missed in his career? 5 in 3 seasons, is that a lot for a RB? I don't think so.

How many has he had to leave early because of injury? I am not sure.

He may not be an iron man but it isn't like he is made of glass either.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
My concern is the coaching staff not being cautious with Ryan Williams who is coming along nicely from surgery but in reality he probably needs a few more weeks before he should be taking a full pounding. But this is normal with Wells, and being listed as questionable for him means there is a 80% chance he will play because I cannot remember when he wasn't listed day to day. I will say this, if it is up to Wells, then he will play and be his regular physical self with the ball.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We're trading down? Great. With our obvious Oline problems it's a sure bet we'll use those extra picks on Robert Woods and Keenan Allen.

Steve

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Relax people. He tweaked a hammy and likely not even very serious. Total overreaction, again.

I guess we should be happy he didn't have the microfracture surgery that many were claiming :bang:.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relax people. He tweaked a hammy and likely not even very serious. Total overreaction, again.

I guess we should be happy he didn't have the microfracture surgery that many were claiming :bang:.

It seems to me that every time we hear Beanie is questionable for the upcoming game he's either out completely or limited to a handful of carries. It's hard not to react to the fact he is once again on the injury report considering we have a very beatable divisional opponent and our best chance of winning is if we can establish a run game.

Steve

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems to me that every time we hear Beanie is questionable for the upcoming game he's either out completely or limited to a handful of carries. It's hard not to react to the fact he is once again on the injury report considering we have a very beatable divisional opponent and our best chance of winning is if we can establish a run game.

Steve
That's how I see it.

The reality is that, with Beanie, and all that talent, you also get questionable durability. We ignore this at our peril.

Maybe this is why (just like GB always liked to draft a QB - typically in the later rounds -each year), I can understand why some teams (Denver comes to mind) would want to do the same thing with RB's. It's simply a fragile position.

I'm glad we kept Powell. Too bad we couldn't overstock the position by keeping Alfonso S.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Snyder is also listed as questionable. Now we all knew he was a questionable signing but I at least expected to see him on the field.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I have never waivered in my faith of The Beans skillsets, but Jim Brown He is not health wise - My theory is He played heavier in college at almost 250 and John Lott has him all binded up at maximum potential and NO body fat at 225 or so.
But hell I don't know enough to say that for sure-

yea my wish of him coming out busting them Seachickens in the beak spectacularly- yea whatever - damn it- Feed the refried beans with no Lard,

I wasn't alone- but Edge was signed before Whiz came- But what do expect from the East Coast bye AZ.

link
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/arizona-cardinals/?eref=sinav

I remember when Ken Whisenhunt was first introduced as the Arizona Cardinals coach, I was very excited because I thought that he would bring to the Cardinals the successful grind-it-out Steelers offense that focused on a powerful rushing game.

When Edgerrin James was later signed by the Cardinals, this reinforced my feelings that the team would stress the run.​

However, this strategy never materialized. With Todd Haley as the offensive coordinator, two all-pro wide receivers (Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin), and Kurt Warner taking the reins as the quarterback for the Cardinals, the pass became king — and the rushing game became an afterthought.​

Interestingly, even with Boldin, Haley, and Warner gone, Whisenhunt has still relied more on the pass than the run during the last two seasons. Part of the reason for this was due to Beanie Wells being injured a lot and playing at less than 100%, but one would have thought that there would have been a lot fewer first down passes and a lot more of an attempt to get the ground game established.​

I expect things will change this year. Look for the Cardinals to run first, and throw a lot fewer passes, in their games this year. With two major weapons at running back (Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams), a superb blocking fullback (Anthony Sherman), a solid situational runner (LaRod Stephens-Howling), and a rookie who showed great promise in the preseason (William Powell), the Cardinals have an arsenal of weapons in their running attack this year. They should try to use these runners to maximum advantage​

Yes, the Cardinals will want to get the ball to Larry Fitzgerald. However, there is a much greater chance for Fitz to get more easy catches — and also get more touchdown passes — with a strong rushing game that will keep the defenses honest. It will also be easier for an admittedly shaky offensive line to protect the quarterback if the Cardinals throw fewer passes.​

The game against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday will be a perfect testing ground to see whether this offensive strategy can work.​

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05