Beanie says knee to linger all year

cardfolife

Reaction score
Wells said he was “definitely not” as explosive as he was before suffering a knee injury last week against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
“It’s probably going to be an all-year thing, trying to get this . . . right,” he said.
Good for him that he gutted it out and played well; but this constant moaning about his injuries and how it makes him less than 100% efficient is annoying. No one in the league plays all season at 100% Beanie! Just shut the f up and stop issuing stupid statements about how you could be sooo much better if only you didn't have this or that! What possible purpose do they serve, except boosting your own ego?:bang:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I’ll start with Beanie.

You could see it, every time he tried to bounce it outside, that his right knee was trouble. He had no burst of speed. He couldn’t get the corner. And a few times after he was hit, the Ravens blasted him on the leg. He couldn’t get as many carries as he normally would have. Physically he couldn’t do it.

Yet there he was, plowing into the line. There he was, going over the top for a touchdown. There he was, probably needing to come out of the game after being blasted by Ravens nose tackle Haloti Ngata on a third-and-1 but insisting to the sideline he wanted to stay in for a crucial fourth down and cracking off a four-yard rush on the next play.

The Cardinals didn’t win, but I – and anyone else watching – had to be impressed by Wells. That is one of those tangible things you see when anyone asks about the team shutting it down during this losing streak.
Beanie is the last thing on this team to bang your head on a wall... there are a gizillion other issues. He is having a great year. Too bad the rest of the team is stinking it all up.

Shaun M Church

Veteran
Reaction score
Good for him that he gutted it out and played well; but this constant moaning about his injuries and how it makes him less than 100% efficient is annoying. No one in the league plays all season at 100% Beanie! Just shut the f up and stop issuing stupid statements about how you could be sooo much better if only you didn't have this or that! What possible purpose do they serve, except boosting your own ego?:bang:

He's probably just letting people know to shut up about his toughness. It sounds to me like he's going to play through it, and he's likely as sick as I am of hearing that he's not durable. When you're as big and physical as he is, of course you're going to have dings and bruises throughout the season. If everyone realized that, the world would be a better place.....okay, probably an exaggeration, but seriously. He'll be alright.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score

You know someone probably asked him about the knee and all he did was answer the question, right? Not like he went around telling anyone within earshot.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please stop crying. he absolutely trucked Ed Reed yesterday and has been the brightest spot on the team this year.

OP
OP
C

cardfolife

Reaction score
Alright, I'll say it a different way. All this hand-wringing (by fans and him) about how he's elite IF he stays healthy is pointless. Fact of the matter is, his running style prevents him from being always at or near 100%. He's clearly no AP in his ability to stay close to 100% despite running like a mutha.

Now, if despite being hurt, he can still stay near 4 YPC, get 1000-1200 yards/season, play 13-16 games and get 8-12 TDs, I'm happy. Doesn't make him elite, but that's alright. I just dont want to hear about how he COULD be elite, or how the knee/ankle/hammy is holding him back. His production and his injuries need to be looked at TOGETHER, for they go hand-in-hand. Speculating about how much better he could be, minus the injuries, is a waste of time and frustrating. He's conclusively shown that he can't produce at 100% when his body is <100%.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please stop crying. he absolutely trucked Ed Reed yesterday and has been the brightest spot on the team this year.

Yep that was a hell of a finish on that run and he did it on a couple of other runs too.

Side note about toughness how come both Harbaughs have figured out using extra TE's, extra OL's and even a DT in the backfield doesn't have to be a "Refrigerator" gimmick but can actually help a team?

They used Ngata as a lead blocker yesterday and twice in the 49er game they used a lineman. One Staley was tackle eligible and caught a pass off a bootleg for a big gain. Then Sopoaga lined up at FB and again bootleg pass to him for a huge first down.

It gets so frustrating for me on short yardage plays to always know what we're going to run from formation.

Really since the pass play to Spach to ice the playoff game I can't recall too many situations like that where I couldn't tell before the snap what we'd do, and that play wasn't really true short yardage is was borderline passing down even in that clock situation.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep that was a hell of a finish on that run and he did it on a couple of other runs too.

Side note about toughness how come both Harbaughs have figured out using extra TE's, extra OL's and even a DT in the backfield doesn't have to be a "Refrigerator" gimmick but can actually help a team?

They used Ngata as a lead blocker yesterday and twice in the 49er game they used a lineman. One Staley was tackle eligible and caught a pass off a bootleg for a big gain. Then Sopoaga lined up at FB and again bootleg pass to him for a huge first down.

It gets so frustrating for me on short yardage plays to always know what we're going to run from formation.

Really since the pass play to Spach to ice the playoff game I can't recall too many situations like that where I couldn't tell before the snap what we'd do, and that play wasn't really true short yardage is was borderline passing down even in that clock situation.
No kidding!!! I loved the two FB set featuring 9-0 and Watson in the playoffs.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That play was awesome. Reed tried to get in his face afterward, and Beanie just walked away like it was nothing. He can talk about his injuries all he wants if he keeps destroying former DPOYs like that.

Beanie might be the most violent runner I've ever seen. It's incredible to watch, but someone needs to teach him when to turn it on and off, much like AP. A little moderation could make him even more effective and lengthen his career.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Beanie is playing well and playing at a tough power back level equal or better than other starting backs on other teams with this same style of play

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05