Beasley arrested for possession of marijuana

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The thing that disturbs me the most is that nobody was even interested in this guy and the Suns gave him a big contract. He wouldn't have got half that much from any other team.

True, but it's still not as bad as the Childress signing, which was everything you said above times ten.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True, but it's still not as bad as the Childress signing, which was everything you said above times ten.

The new CBA and its shorter contracts probably saved them from themselves. Its astounding that Josh will still be collecting checks from the Suns in 2015.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new CBA and its shorter contracts probably saved them from themselves. Its astounding that Josh will still be collecting checks from the Suns in 2015.

Why? He was clearly one of our top players last year. He did far less damage than some of our guys. Compared to the impact of Shannon Brown and Michael Beasley, Childress was all star material.

Steve

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And I traded him away in my fantasy keeper league just in time!
Too bad the Suns couldn't do the same.

However, if he was indeed waived, there will be teams offering him minimum deals. With zero pressure on him and zero expectations, he may actually put up fantasy-worthy numbers still.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Too bad the Suns couldn't do the same.

However, if he was indeed waived, there will be teams offering him minimum deals. With zero pressure on him and zero expectations, he may actually put up fantasy-worthy numbers still.

I could also see him just quitting basketball and becoming a a full time herbetologist. He's still got a LOT of money coming from the Suns. That should fund his research for quite some time.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could also see him just quitting basketball and becoming a a full time herbetologist. He's still got a LOT of money coming from the Suns. That should fund his research for quite some time.

As long as he hires a driver, I'm fine with that. He should move to Colorado.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man, if Beasley was smart, he would go and invest half that money. With the housing market still so low, now is a good time to get into real estate.

Beasley should hire a financial adviser instead of wasting the $9 million or whatever amount he's getting from the Suns on weed. Smoke once or twice a week not every day spending millions on it.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
How much are they paying for weed these days? Millions? How long would he have to live to smoke millions worth?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How did you find this? Looking at the address, it seems to be in some kind of staging area. It's not even complete as in this example:

"The Phoenix Suns waived the troubled forward XXXXXX"

Yeah it looks like a mistake--a page that for some reason is open to the public but is there as a placeholder for when it actually happens.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How did you find this? Looking at the address, it seems to be in some kind of staging area. It's not even complete as in this example:

"The Phoenix Suns waived the troubled forward XXXXXX"
It does seem like they just prepared the article so they can roll it out as soon as the news breaks, which has not happened yet.

Errntknght

Reaction score
The article is still there... its dated the 31st so it was written beforehand. Looks like normal page to me with links to other Suns stories.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake