Beasley to be released by end of week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back and watched an old game with him and Dumas was pretty much Carmelo Anthony, but a decade earlier.

Hmmm, I think Dumas' athleticism was off the charts compared to Melo...and most guys, while Melo's handles/brute strength towered over Dumas, IMO.

That said, Dumas was going to be a super-duper-star in the NBA. Freaking shame drugs ruined his life.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dumas had crazy hops. His offense wasn't stopping and demanding the ball like melo

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back and watched an old game with him and Dumas was pretty much Carmelo Anthony, but a decade earlier.

I do remember thinking I would have been all over trading Dumas for Rodman.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am surprised. But it is a camp invite, make good type of contract. Very little risk there. Has no cap implications at all for them.

If the Suns were so intent on signing Beasley, they should have signed him to a low risk contract as well. I don't remember any competition for him... certainly not 18M dollars worth.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Dumas was so awesome. I remember him checking into his first game, on the road inn hell A, where the commentators said "is this the kid?" and he scored 16 in the game. He had some great moves and dunks. He could shoot also. Too bad Ceballos was injured vs the MJs, but Dumas played great in the Finals.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Now that he's signed with Miami, Beasley starting to get more recognition around the league.
Oh, he's getting recognition! So did Jack The Ripper and Son of Sam. :)

But it is not the kind of recognition that makes teams better. His flaky behavior stands in the way of fulfilling his potential. That's a shame.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recognition?!!? What does that mean exactly? Just because people are talking about him doesn't mean it's recognition. I have been listening to the radio and many of the shows are calling him a cancer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake