Belkin WINS!!!: Judge grants Belkin's Injunction

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Belkin won!

Belkin has injuction, probably no deal for JJ and the Hawks!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Belkin has injuction, probably no deal for JJ and the Hawks!
Atlanta radio just announced Belkin won. He is STILL the Hawk's Governor! :eek:

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Atlanta radio just announced Belkin won. He is STILL the Hawk's Governor! :eek:
The link you gave me, Chap!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is messed up. I hope we hear from the Suns soon about how we're moving forward.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yuma said:
The link you gave me, Chap!
Now they are talkin about Madden 2000? They just went off on the Belkin decision. Why go away from it? I am still listening to see if they are going to elaborate further.....

PrimeTime

Rookie
Reaction score
Breaking News: Judge grants Belkin's Injunction

Its all over Atlanta's radio stations. Belkin convinced the Judge to rule in his favor. The other hawks' owners cannot vote him out as NBA governor. It appears that unless BC and JC accept another trade scenerio from the Hawks, that the trade is dead.

http://www.790thezone.com/Multimedia/ListenLive790.aspx or tune into sports xtra 910AM for more news.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
So are the Hawks still gonna sign JJ to the offer sheet?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
devilalum said:
PrimeTime just posted another thread saying he heard it on the radio, too! :D

sunsfn

Reaction score
devilalum said:

If this info is right, Belkin will have the Hawks sign JJ to a contract and Sarver has said he will match.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My guess, we match and JJ is STILL a Sun, for now..... :D

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yuma said:
PrimeTime just posted another thread saying he heard it on the radio, too! :D

Where does this leave everything?

The Suns were supposed to sign JJ then trade him for the picks. If that deal is junk what happens next?

Do the Hawks just sign JJ to the offer sheet and call Sarvers bluff?
Does JJ negotiate with the SUns?
Does JJ look for a different sign and trade.

Whatever happens if JJ goes to the Hawks now he must be completely ******** or just totally greedy without a care about playing for a winner or anything like that.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This statement is just ridiculous.

Attorney James W. Quinn, who represents the other owners, compared the Joe Johnson deal to the Celtics' acquisition of Hall of Famer Larry Bird, which led to three NBA titles for Boston in the 1980s.

fordronken

Reaction score
I think JJ may talk to the Suns about looking at other sign-and-trade options. At this point, the Suns can't let him go for nothing. I think Sarver would match without a sign-and-trade just for his own pride and to show he's good for his word.

sunsfn

Reaction score
If the Hawks do sign JJ to the offer sheet mentioned and Sarver matches, JJ will be here for a few years. There is no way you can trade him soon with that much up front money.

This also gives the suns an excellent chance to win the title this year! :thumbup:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
"It is hardly apparent on the present record that the deal for Johnson, however talented he may be ... is in the economic best interest of the franchise," the judge wrote. "Sometimes the cost is just too great."

This is a quote from the judge.

If this is true then Belkin's issue WAS the contract and not the picks and you wouldn't think the Hawks would still offer the contract.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, this is awful. The prospect of an intimidated, overpaid, miserable Joe Johnson stuck in a Suns uninform for five years is truly terrifying.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
AZcentral.com STILL does NOT have it posted...... :D

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
If this info is right, Belkin will have the Hawks sign JJ to a contract and Sarver has said he will match.

I don't think Belkin has the ability to sign JJ to an offer sheet over the objections of the other owners--all he's got is veto power.

Things are going to get interesting now. :D

fordronken

Reaction score
sunsfn said:
If the Hawks do sign JJ to the offer sheet mentioned and Sarver matches, JJ will be here for a few years. There is no way you can trade him soon with that much up front money.

This also gives the suns an excellent chance to win the title this year! :thumbup:

Sarver basically said that in his interview, if I remember correctly. You can't give a guy 20 million dollars up front and then trade him the next year.

Come on championship! After that, we trade Marion to the Bobcats for Jake Voskuhl and a top 29 protected second rounder.

PrimeTime

Rookie
Reaction score
Sorry about the other thread guys, when I logged in, this thread didn't exist yet. Could the mods please delete it?

But back on topic, yes it does appear that things have all turned in favor of the suns. I would imagine that JJ's agent is having a fit right about now. If JJ truly doesn't want to play in phoenix, then now is the time that he will show it the most. He knows that he can't sign the offer sheet from atlanta, or else he would end up back in phoenix. His only other options are to seek a sign and trade from other teams and hope that it compensates the Suns enough from matching.

One thing is for sure now, If he signs the Atlanta sheet knowing all of this, its just for the money.