Bengals | Team signs QB John Thomas O'Sullivan

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
What is it with the Bengals and ex-Martz project QB's? Fitzpatrick leaves so they bring in O'Sullivan. I thought Palmer's brother was the backup now?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so who is going to be the 49ers starting qb next year? glad it isn't going to be kurt warner lol

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
As it stands, Shaun Hill. They're trying real hard to re-structure Alex Smith but if he doesn't, I think they dump him. Basically, they just have Hill since Smith is a total non-factor at this point either way until he proves he can stay healthy.

With Hill the only real option it becomes, to me, much more plausible that they were indeed serious about getting Warner. Warner, if not for Rackers, would be undefeated in his career vs. the 49ers so it stands to reason they would be impressed by what he had to offer on that fact alone.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ive heard that the 9ers are looking to draft an OT in the first round of the draft, so Shaun Hill must have really impressed singletary.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As it stands, Shaun Hill. They're trying real hard to re-structure Alex Smith but if he doesn't, I think they dump him. Basically, they just have Hill since Smith is a total non-factor at this point either way until he proves he can stay healthy.

With Hill the only real option it becomes, to me, much more plausible that they were indeed serious about getting Warner. Warner, if not for Rackers, would be undefeated in his career vs. the 49ers so it stands to reason they would be impressed by what he had to offer on that fact alone.

I think they recently signed Damon Huard.

Le Tigre

Reaction score
What is it with the Bengals and ex-Martz project QB's? Fitzpatrick leaves so they bring in O'Sullivan. I thought Palmer's brother was the backup now?

Fitzpatrick was a square peg in a round hole for us. He was more a west coast operator...our passing offense is taylored for down-field. He did on OK job last year in place of Palmer, but just didn't have the arm strength to get it there.

J.T. (or as we have dubbed him "Just Turnovers") is a little better fit...at least he has some power in his passes. A little more of a pocket passer too.

Jordan Palmer has some game...but he's still way too raw to be put in directly behind his big bro. I've lobbied long that he should be #2...and get his lumps if that is what happens. If the elder is lost for any length of time--as we found out last season--the year is essentially shot anyway. I don't see Just Turnovers as being some saving backup in the event of a disaster.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
Ive heard that the 9ers are looking to draft an OT in the first round of the draft, so Shaun Hill must have really impressed singletary.
The guy's 7-3 as a starter for a 49'ers franchise that hasn't exactly been impressive the last couple of years. Me thinks he deserves a legitimate shot as a game-manager.

I still see his helmetless effort to get that extra yard and the first down against us on monday night football. He's got heart, i think Singletary likes that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05