Best Alternative to Windows Live Mail?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used Windows Live Mail for years and enjoyed it because it downloads easily to my computer. Also, I like the familiar options, but apparently it hasn't been updated in years.

My internet provider recently switched over to Yahoo Mail and I am now beginning to have problems with email downloading to the computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a free email program that downloads emails to my computer that is easy to use that resembles Windows Live Mail?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Office 365 has massive updates (including mail). Honestly, there is no perfect mail client. I have at work implemented them all and used them all (work or home). They all have things that annoy the hell out of me.

If you constantly have problems with mail apps that physically sit on the computer then might I suggest using the Webmail version. Yahoo for example has both a desktop version and a webmail version you can access via a browser. You will have less issues. The downside is you have less features typically with web based mail. I setup my Mother's new office and put bookmarks that take her to the web version of Yahoo so she doesn't have to mess with the desktop apps.

If you truly are looking for a desktop app you can try Thunderbird. Again, has some annoyances I didn't like. Just keep in mind most "free" clients now are starting to introduce ads and such. It's free for a reason.