Big Seahawks crowd expected at UOP Card game

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad, I guess lots of season ticket-holders must be selling their seats to Seahawks fans. Probably make lots of money.

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
“RT @foxsports910: Hear @Softykjr on @foxsports910 right now. He's predicting another BIG Seahawks crowd Sunday for #SEAvsAZ!”

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
They always say that. The guy who said that is from Seattle. Yawn.

There are certainties about football in Phoenix. When the Cards play a team that:

1. Is from somewhere where the weather is currently crappy, and
2. That team is winning, or, has a long and storied tradition

You will just get the standard 5-8k of those fans in the stadium. Further, a message board, or radio station of that team will announce on great authority that their fans will be 30%, or 40%, or 50% of the stadium. "The flight down was packed with our fans!!!"

And on game day, it will be around 5-8k. You will see them, and hear them, but they will be outnumbered 10-1

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
They always say that. The guy who said that is from Seattle. Yawn.

There are certainties about football in Phoenix. When the Cards play a team that:

1. Is from somewhere where the weather is currently crappy, and
2. That team is winning, or, has a long and stories tradition

You will just get the standard 5-8k of those fans in the stadium. Further, a message board, or radio station of that team will announce on gret authority that their fans will be 30%, or 40%, or 50% of the stadium. "The flight down was packed with our fans!!!"

And on game day, it will be around 5-8k. You will see them, and hear them, but they will be outnumbered 10-1

Exactly its a prediction from a person obviously biased toward the seahawks. His opinion shouldn't hold any real weight.

I was at the game last year on Thursday Night and it was terrible but the circumstances are much different now and that will be proven in the fan ratio on Sunday. Considering how loud the stadium has been all year I expect this to be the loudest environment since at least the cards-packers playoff game back in 09.

hopper602

Reaction score
I'm going to say we see less out of state visitors due to it being so close to xmas. The transplants will show up. I saw a craigslist ad being passed around on twitter of a guy advertising his front row season tix seats on Seattle's craigslist page.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Stopped paying attention to this crap long ago. Each time that prediction is made, Cards fans still dominate! I expect nothing different come Subday!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
LMAO! This could be word for word of what they said about the NFC Championship game in 2008.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stopped paying attention to this crap long ago. Each time that prediction is made, Cards fans still dominate! I expect nothing different come Subday!

Exactly. They will leave for the game full of hope that they will dominate the day. Reality will set in during the first quarter. Then, they will leave the stadium silently like every other fan base this year.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my biggest irritating things about this fanbase. Ugh.

There are some big scalpers who own large lots of tickets. Mostly on the visitor side. Nothing you can do to stop it. Unless you are willing to buy up all of the scalped tickets and donate them to Cards fans.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
There are some big scalpers who own large lots of tickets. *Mostly on the visitor side. *Nothing you can do to stop it. *Unless you are willing to buy up all of the scalped tickets and donate them to Cards fans.

If I hit the lottery before Sunday, I will do that and invite all of AFSN...even Shane!!! :D

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, when I was out for the Eagles game, there were as many Eagles fans as I had seen from an out of town fanbase in the games I have attended. However, once in the stadium, they were dwarfed by Cards fans. The 5-8K prediction sounds about right to me. That's still about 10-1 ratio of Cards fan.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are some big scalpers who own large lots of tickets. Mostly on the visitor side. Nothing you can do to stop it. Unless you are willing to buy up all of the scalped tickets and donate them to Cards fans.

This is my biggest concern. Can't the Cards Ticket Sales staff do anything about this during the off season? There are some seats near me in the Club section that always have different people wearing the opponents gear.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
This is my biggest concern. Can't the Cards Ticket Sales staff do anything about this during the off season? There are some seats near me in the Club section that always have different people wearing the opponents gear.
Same happens to me. The answer is no. There is nothing they can do......or will do. It might be that the spectre of half filled SDS is still to fresh in their memories for them to say no to an almost guarenteed season ticket sale.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubtful. You cant just tell people they cant buy tickets. Plus it'd be hard to pinpoint who sells them vs who keeps them.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that Cardinals fans who are not season ticket holders are unwilling to pay a 2x or 3x premium while opposing fans coming for a game are. There is little demand for tickets among Cards fans. I struggled to sell my tickets for face value to Cards fans against Washington when I had to go to LA. Face value.

The scalpers are selling way over face but it isn't Cards fans snatching them up. They should be. We still don't have the massive fan base that will keep travelers out of the stadium. Our home super bowl win will change all that. :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that Cardinals fans who are not season ticket holders are unwilling to pay a 2x or 3x premium while opposing fans coming for a game are. There is little demand for tickets among Cards fans. I struggled to sell my tickets for face value to Cards fans against Washington when I had to go to LA. Face value.

The scalpers are selling way over face but it isn't Cards fans snatching them up. They should be. We still don't have the massive fan base that will keep travelers out of the stadium. Our home super bowl win will change all that. :)

did you offer them on here?

I don't think its a fan base problem, I think its bigger than that.

If you get 8 opportunities a year to see your team you are less likely to pay over face than if your team comes here once a year or once every 4 years. Simple supply and demand.

If I lived in NY I wouldn't pay far over face to see a giants game but if the cardinals were coming to NY I would as its my only chance to see a cardinals game live.

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going to say we see less out of state visitors due to it being so close to xmas. The transplants will show up. I saw a craigslist ad being passed around on twitter of a guy advertising his front row season tix seats on Seattle's craigslist page.

Agreed! A prolific (and classy) Seahawks regular poster on the 'other' board remarked that of his twenty Seahwaks friends that normally travel to UOP NONE of them are coming due to it is so close to Christmas.

I think it is safe to say that there will be a minimal number of Seahawks fans this Sunday but those that do show up may expect a lonnng ride home.

Thanks,
MadJack.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Agreed! A prolific (and classy) Seahawks regular poster on the 'other' board remarked that of his twenty Seahwaks friends that normally travel to UOP NONE of them are coming due to it is so close to Christmas.

I think it is safe to say that there will be a minimal number of Seahawks fans this Sunday but those that do show up may expect a lonnng ride home.

Thanks,
MadJack.

I beleive that at least 80% of Seahawk fans who show at the game are snowbirds already here, or, transplants from the PAC NW

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Im guessing the narrative Sunday will be how LOUD the stadium is and how incredible our HF advantage is.

Seattle writers are out of control arrogant. Took that guy to task on Twitter about how Seattle fans think BA should win something before talking - and his minions attacked. Was a good time :)