Big Seahawks crowd expected at UOP Card game

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shout out to BurqueCardFan. He hooked me up with his tickets a couple of months ago because he couldn't go to this game. He probably could have made much more money on them but he was really fair with me.

I will have no voice left to thank him, so I'm doing it publicly now... you're the man, bro!!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The bottom line is the Seattle bandwagon is as large as any that I've ever seen. I walk around here in SoCal, especially at Disneyland, and I see families wearing all of their brand new off of the shelf Seahawks gear with their ripped-off from TAMU "12s" crap. It's like a rapidly spreading infectious disease.

There will be a Seattle takeover on Sunday. I fully expect a 65/35 crowd, if not worse.

The sad thing is in 2009, when we played them at home, I may have found roughly 10 Seahawk fans.

If you want to piss them off, watch them get squeamish when you ask them who Shaun Alexander, Steve Largent, and Walter Jones are.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They will not have 35% showing...no way. From what I've witnessed, the AZ Crowd comes out strong when the team is winning because the numerous casual fans ( meaning they only like the cards when they win) show up.

TJ

Reaction score
Im guessing the narrative Sunday will be how LOUD the stadium is and how incredible our HF advantage is.

Seattle writers are out of control arrogant. Took that guy to task on Twitter about how Seattle fans think BA should win something before talking - and his minions attacked. Was a good time :)

With success comes arrogance. Unfortunately, they have the trump card with their Super Bowl victory from last season. The arrogance is further exacerbated by Richard Sherman's motor boat mouth. I would love nothing more than to see Ryan Lindley throw a beautiful touchdown bomb to Smokey after he burned Sherman just so we can point and laugh at him.

Then again, I just realized that Lindley will be the one throwing footballs in this game :bang:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you offer them on here?
yes, and on Facebook and had it shared by a lot of people including Nicole Bidwill.

However I agree that it's not just a fan base problem and I agree the one time a year would be willing to pay more.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing better than seeing a large number of visiting fans with their heads down as they stream out of UOP after losing to the Cards.

Hoping this is another one of those games.

Go Cards !!!

:newcards:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is the Seattle bandwagon is as large as any that I've ever seen. I walk around here in SoCal, especially at Disneyland, and I see families wearing all of their brand new off of the shelf Seahawks gear with their ripped-off from TAMU "12s" crap. It's like a rapidly spreading infectious disease.

There will be a Seattle takeover on Sunday. I fully expect a 65/35 crowd, if not worse.

The sad thing is in 2009, when we played them at home, I may have found roughly 10 Seahawk fans.

If you want to piss them off, watch them get squeamish when you ask them who Shaun Alexander, Steve Largent, and Walter Jones are.

They are the worst of the bandwagon fans. I have a neighbor I NEVER saw with the smallest stitch of Seahawks stuff. Once they made the Super Bowl last year, all of the sudden there is a flag on his house, then a big sticker on his truck window and a fancy Wilson jersey he wears all the time. Every single week this season, he was putting up his flag UNTIL they lost to the Rams and it disappeared for a bit. Now, of course, it's back up and he has added those flags you put on your car window.

Lame. Beyond. Belief.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, and on Facebook and had it shared by a lot of people including Nicole Bidwill.

However I agree that it's not just a fan base problem and I agree the one time a year would be willing to pay more.

damn

i didnt see the thread

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bandwagon doesn't describe how bad they are. I now see more Seahawks and Broncos stuff everywhere. Let's see how much Seahawks gear is worn when they lose to a 3rd string QB and hopefully miss the playoffs with 2 losses to end the season. That would be the best Christmas gift ever!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't buy this. Remember when they said this about the Packers playoff game? It was BS then too.

The Hags fans I know are not going this year because of ticket prices. Yes it's close to the holidays but I don't think people are going to travel here right before they need to travel to be with their families. If this was after Christmas I could see it, but right before? I just don't see it.

In regards to season ticket holding scalpers, at some point the ticket office is going to have to deal with that. There are people with blocks of 20-30 tickets on the visitors side, How they are allowed to own that many is beyond me. We don't have seat licenses, so I think contractually seaking the organization could pass a new rule disallowing the practice. It wouldn't be hard to figure out which seats it affects. they are all behind me for the most part.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Let's not forget that last year was a good weekend for Seahawks fans to travel out here to the game. It was a Thursday night game with ASU playing the Cougars on Saturday at SDS. Fly down Thursday morning, go to the Cardinals-Seahawks game, see the sights of PHX on Friday, go to the ASU game Saturday and fly home Sunday morning.

There had never been that many Seahawks fans before, but when you get the ability to go to two road games for your college and NFL team, it's worth a visit.

TJ

Reaction score
I don't buy this. Remember when they said this about the Packers playoff game? It was BS then too.

The Hags fans I know are not going this year because of ticket prices. Yes it's close to the holidays but I don't think people are going to travel here right before they need to travel to be with their families. If this was after Christmas I could see it, but right before? I just don't see it.

In regards to season ticket holding scalpers, at some point the ticket office is going to have to deal with that. There are people with blocks of 20-30 tickets on the visitors side, How they are allowed to own that many is beyond me. We don't have seat licenses, so I think contractually seaking the organization could pass a new rule disallowing the practice. It wouldn't be hard to figure out which seats it affects. they are all behind me for the most part.

We had tons of Chiefs, Redskins, and 9ers fans at our stadium this season. Hags fans will be there in spades.

Even though our record is stellar, the fan support is still not up to par with what we experienced in 2008-2009, and IMO, won't be nearly the same until the Cardinals win a championship. This is just the nature of the Phoenix/Metro area fan base, and all teams are suffering from the same issue: Suns, Cards, Coyotes, D-Backs, and ASU football. Someone needs to break the seal to garner more local support.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Better yet, ask them about Curt Warner and REALLY confuse them!

...dbs

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard ‏@Kyle_Odegard
Interested to see crowd Sunday. #Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner said he felt SEA fans were sometimes louder than AZ fans last year at U of P.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Interested to see crowd Sunday. #Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner said he felt SEA fans were sometimes louder than AZ fans last year at U of P.

Lol...probably when his team scored. "Sometimes." Lol.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Last year was bad. But my tickets are on the "visitors" side so I always feel the brunt of it. And also get to relish them walking out sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I smell the fights coming this time. Worse than the 9ers game. Take no prisoners, make these dirtbags feel like the filth they are. Nobody comes to gloat in my house.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I smell the fights coming this time.

Nearly saw one last Saturday while shopping. Some guy with an obviously new Seahawks jersey got into it with a Packers fan. S'hawk guy was so loud and obnoxious I though the Packers guy was going to slug him. Store security came out of nowhere and told the S'hawk fan he could shut up or leave the store. Ten o'clock in the morning. In the toy department which was full of families with kids.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Great idea... if any Seahawks fans in their nice shiny Nike jerseys sit by me on Sunday, I'll be sure to ask them who their favorite Seahawks player of the '90s was.