Biggest/Worst Trade Rumor Yet!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
NFL | Buccaneers and Bengals Talk? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:40 PT: Kevin Goheen reports for the Cincinnati Post an NFL source told the newspaper the Cincinnati Bengals may be interested in trading their No. 1 pick in the upcoming April draft to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Reportedly the two sides have conducted preliminary discussions about the matter. One name that has surfaced for a possible trade is that of DT Warren Sapp.

That's just plain silly.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I thought we'd come to an understanding about not posting up fake articles...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wish I were a sports columnist. I'd write articles like this...

Unnamed sources in the Falcons organization have stated that Arthur Blank is considering a trade with the lowly Arizona Cardinals. The source noted that, while his on-field exploits have been impressive, the locker-room hygene of former first-round draft pick Mike Vick have been sub-par, and Atlanta is considering trading Vick to the Arizona Cardinals for known locker-room neat freak Fred Wakefield.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
NFL | Buccaneers and Bengals Talk? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:40 PT: Kevin Goheen reports for the Cincinnati Post an NFL source told the newspaper the Cincinnati Bengals may be interested in trading their No. 1 pick in the upcoming April draft to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Reportedly the two sides have conducted preliminary discussions about the matter. One name that has surfaced for a possible trade is that of DT Warren Sapp.

That's just plain silly.

To be honest, not really.

There already has been good speculation that the Buccaroos won't resign Sapp after this season (he's a free agent). His production has declined the past few years, and many of the fans and I guess the team feel that Anthony "Booger" McFarland is now more important to the team.

Also, they just threw a NFL record 20 mil signing bonus at Simeon Rice. I wonder who the Bucs want? I'm thinking that it might be a QB (Palmer or Leftwich) since Brad Johnson is getting older.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
I wish I were a sports columnist. I'd write articles like this...

Unnamed sources in the Falcons organization have stated that Arthur Blank is considering a trade with the lowly Arizona Cardinals. The source noted that, while his on-field exploits have been impressive, the locker-room hygene of former first-round draft pick Mike Vick have been sub-par, and Atlanta is considering trading Vick to the Arizona Cardinals for known locker-room neat freak Fred Wakefield.

LMAO! :thumbup:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Biggest/Worst Trade Rumor Yet!

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
To be honest, not really.

There already has been good speculation that the Buccaroos won't resign Sapp after this season (he's a free agent). His production has declined the past few years, and many of the fans and I guess the team feel that Anthony "Booger" McFarland is now more important to the team.

Also, they just threw a NFL record 20 mil signing bonus at Simeon Rice. I wonder who the Bucs want? I'm thinking that it might be a QB (Palmer or Leftwich) since Brad Johnson is getting older.

Good post. Very real way of viewing it. This is all about not letting your top players leave (even if they are starting their career downturn) without getting anything in return. The Bucs cannot keep paying top dollar and you KNOW Sapp would like to be paid...as top DT and then some. Their cap cannot support all that coin in the DL...or on the D overall.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Biggest/Worst Trade Rumor Yet!

Originally posted by AZCB34
Good post. Very real way of viewing it. This is all about not letting your top players leave (even if they are starting their career downturn) without getting anything in return. The Bucs cannot keep paying top dollar and you KNOW Sapp would like to be paid...as top DT and then some. Their cap cannot support all that coin in the DL...or on the D overall.

But at the same time, why in the world would the Bengals do this?
They could just as easily (perhaps) trade down, pick up Robertson (the Sapp clone), get another second rounder, and not have to worry about Sapp's rediculous contract renegotiation.

It makes perfect sense for Tampa, but is insane for Cincy.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Biggest/Worst Trade Rumor Yet!

Originally posted by SECTION 11
It makes perfect sense for Tampa, but is insane for Cincy.

We are talking about Mike Brown here...he is capable of levels of idiotic behavior the Bidwills wouldn't even dream about...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Pete Prisco seems to agree with what I said:

Those rumors about the Bengals trading the No. 1 overall pick to Tampa Bay for Warren Sapp and something else are ridiculous. Here's why: What team is going to trade a pick that valuable for a 31-year-old defensive tackle whose contract expires after this season and whose play is on the decline? The Bengals have made some dumb moves in their day, but nothing that stupid. Sapp's contract talks with the Bucs could get interesting, and could lead to his playing with another team in the next couple of years. Check out his play in two playoff games and the Super Bowl and then ask if he's worth a mega contract at his age. By the way, if Tampa Bay has to make a choice between giving Sapp or Anthony McFarland an extension, you can bet it will be the latter.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6307636

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05