Billups unrestricted free agent

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody but Detroit can afford Billups, and the teams that can even come close are at the bottom of the league.

He'll be a Piston again.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nobody but Detroit can afford Billups, and the teams that can even come close are at the bottom of the league.

He'll be a Piston again.

Milwaukee is projected by Hoopshype to have a salary structure of $41.7 million, but could end up as low as $38.7 if Boykins opts out and they do not keep Skinner.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
Chauncey Billups wants to get paid - he has been one of the most underpaid players in the league for years. The Pistons can pay him the most by far, and they have made financial moves over the last few years specifically so they can pay him (letting Ben Wallace go to Chicago, for instance). He's not going anywhere.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
"Chauncey's first intention is to come back to Detroit, and we'll continute to explore that as an option, but if we're unable to make a deal with the Pistons my obligation is to look at other possibilities that will provide long-term security for Chauncey and his family," agent Andy Miller told ESPN.com.
He has to feed his family...

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee is projected by Hoopshype to have a salary structure of $41.7 million, but could end up as low as $38.7 if Boykins opts out and they do not keep Skinner.

How much more would Milwaukee have to offer him than Detroit to sign him? I'm thinking it's a lot of money, and I doubt Detroit would be that far off.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How much more would Milwaukee have to offer him than Detroit to sign him? I'm thinking it's a lot of money, and I doubt Detroit would be that far off.

Obviously any team with Bird rights has the right to pay more than another team, but it does not mean they will. The Pistons have some very tough decisions coming up. Here are some of their birth dates:

Sheed Wallace 9/17/74 (two more years on his contract)
McDyess 9/7/74 (player option - one more year)
Hunter 12/3/70 (one more year)
Weber 3/1/73 (free agent)
Billips 9/25/76 (free agent)