Blazers @ Suns Game Thread

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
My roommate (loyal Oregonian) fast forwarded half the game on tivo and I don't feel like replaying it (butt kickings aren't much to watch in my book). How did Burke look with his first night of goodly minutes?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Burke looked competant tonight and he also didn't look bad in the last game. Tonight he had a really nice putback dunk off a James Jones missed 3ptr. He also blocked a shot or two and had some other nice moves in the post. I think he hit a 20ft shot also.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Wow. Seven straight.

"Operation hang-in-there" is looking pretty good so far. :thumbup:

With Amare at full strength this team will be hard to beat.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not to be negative but that was quite possibly the worst defense I have seen ever! we had open looks all night long. That was more like a shoot around. We moved the ball well but portland is just flat out terrible. :eek:
I hope we have something left in the tank for tonight! I remember a pacers team schalacking utah before coming to phx for a spanking, I hope there won't be a repeat of that. :thumbup:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fatigue shouldn't be an issue because no one played more than 31 minutes last night. All of the starters and James Jones were in the 29-31 minute range. I think we'll need Eddie House tonight so hopefully his hamstring is feeling better. We actually did pretty well with Diaw, Bell & Jim Jackson handling the ball, but like someone mentioned earlier......the Portland defense was so bad that it was easy to get open shots.