Blazers vs Suns Game Thread

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns now down 35-43 with 5:51 left in the 2nd quarter. :( Tralblazers now shooting 52%, Suns 54%.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns outscored by 14 with Nash on the bench.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
30 min of bench play has 5 points and 4 turnovers to show while letting Blazers score at will.

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 49-50 at the half.

Suns shooting 51% with 4/8 3 pointers, Blazers 50% with 4/8 3 pointers.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
First time this season that neither Nash nor Dragic is on the floor. Barbosa playing point.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns up 80-72 after the 3rd quarter. Suns shooting 56% with 4/11 (36%) 3 pointers, Blazers 48% with 7/14 (50%) 3 pointers.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
I really love Barnes. Even if he's not shooting well he brings a lot of intangible things, and like tonight when his shot is dropping he's a beast.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
things going good WITHOUT nash. lets see if things go south, in the final 4:19 left, if they put nash back in.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns did much better without Nash this time with the unit of Barbosa, Barnes, Hill, Diaw and Amare. What does that mean for Dragic? Looks like the rookies are getting benched.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nash & bell cant stop the dribble penetration. luckily theres a good lead. if they let their man go by into the lane, they end up chasing them and sag too much. that leads to open 3's.

i'd be interested to see what group of guys Porter sticks with in the final minutes of 4th qtrs throughout the season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
diaw showed some agressiveness, me like.

but is that just because its another contract year?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns did much better without Nash this time with the unit of Barbosa, Barnes, Hill, Diaw and Amare. What does that mean for Dragic? Looks like the rookies are getting benched.

After Nash, Hill is the Suns best PG. I didn't worry when he brought the ball up the court and started the offense. Problem solved until one of the rookies develop.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good win for the suns I accidently feel asleep during the 2nd qtr kind of pissed wanted to watch the game but glad they ended up winning :)

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
what's up with amare playing tons of minutes so far this year and getting next to no fouls? is this no defense, better positioning? how does a big man play 40+ minutes with only 1 foul, especially when the guy is amare, the human fouling machine.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I went to the game tonight. Not a lot of energy from the fans, less so than usual. I think the negative media attention really has gotten to this fan base. Unfortunate; however, I kind of like hovering under the radar for a change. Makes teams take us lightly.

The Suns did a good job of finding mismatches and getting the ball to the open man. Thats why we shot so well and put up 107 in a mid tempo game. Also, only committing 12 turnovers was key too. Exactly half the number we had against the Hornets

We need some work on the transition defense. I was screaming the whole time because Steve Blake seemed like he was roaming around alone along the arch. They just seemed out of rhythm on that side of the ball. Most importantly, we won and we were able to hold onto an 8 point lead and not let it slip away.

Although Diaw made some good plays, he made some real head scratchers. He did his usual drive to the hoop and pass out, only in this case, his passes were so lazy that they were easily intercepted.

Anyways, good win for this team! I hope we carry the momentum to our 4 rame roadie on the east coast.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
After Nash, Hill is the Suns best PG. I didn't worry when he brought the ball up the court and started the offense. Problem solved until one of the rookies develop.

Probably the duct tape we need until Dragic feels more comfortable on the floor. I get this feeling watching him play he is just so terrified of making bad plays. He needs to trust his natural abilities.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
solid win.

i hate that we gave up Rudy Fernandez and JR for nothing. That kid's a stud.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Probably the duct tape we need until Dragic feels more comfortable on the floor. I get this feeling watching him play he is just so terrified of making bad plays. He needs to trust his natural abilities.

I am all for getting Dragic some experience, but I have no problem keeping GHill as the permanent main backup PG for the season. We were supposed to do that last season but didn't, and it worked pretty well last night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05