Bobcats at Suns 7PM FSN AZ

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't know how many people are going to agree with this but I think barbosa and the "confidence" the coaching staff has given him is a detrmient to this team.

Ever notice that when Barbosa gets "his" we always seem to play a closer game or lose. And he always seems to get "his" against scrub teams. Case in point tonight.

To me Barbosa is a black hole and I think the rest of the team just stands around and watchs him half the time. For a team that requires total commitment from everybody else to have energy, be scrappy and play frantic "D" I think Barbosa just takes the wind out of everyone with his forays to the hoop and pop-gun mentality shooting the ball.

Again its ridiculous he takes the most shots on this team. And hes so damn cute and cuddly that any time anyone takes him to task, they look like the bad guy. I'm sure its frustrating for a guy like Amare as one of the five best scorers in the league to watch this little 6'3 whippet jack it up without even looking else where.

I might be sitting alone but consider me part of the trade Barbosa bandwagon.:mad:

i completely agree

i have jumped on that bandwagon for quite a time

kman72

Reaction score
as a bobcat fan, the suns really are my 2nd fav team due to that they all are good guys with alot of talent, plus they are fun to watch. that being said why is barbosa on your bad side? i watch yall quite a bit an he always is a tremendous shooter, with the ability to drive also. he seems quite good. plus he very young, (tell the suns to trade him to us) wonder what it would take to get him really?

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
as a bobcat fan, the suns really are my 2nd fav team due to that they all are good guys with alot of talent, plus they are fun to watch. that being said why is barbosa on your bad side? i watch yall quite a bit an he always is a tremendous shooter, with the ability to drive also. he seems quite good. plus he very young, (tell the suns to trade him to us) wonder what it would take to get him really?
for okafor:p

Roca Dolla

BIRD CITY!
Reaction score

okafor for barbosa ? sounds good to me :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about banks, diaw for Wallace :) lol jking Richardson is a fun player to watch guy hits everything

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great to see Raja Bell hitting a lot of 3's this game :), also barbosa has had a real game just sit Nash the rest of the game this one is over

Calvin

Reaction score
I might be sitting alone but consider me part of the trade Barbosa bandwagon.:mad:

I agree. Trade with Miami for Haslem. They don't need a point guard because Wade handles the ball, and they need to get younger and cheaper. Barbosa at the 1 and Wade the 2 could really score some points.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only that likes Barbosa on this board anymore. That's pretty sad considering he had 30 pts tonight. Sure he's had some bad games the last couple nights, but every player does. He looks fresh tonight and the best I've seen him so far this season. But to trade for Haslem? C'mon there's better players to trade with like Diaw and Marion (who I guarentee you he won't sign with the Suns after this season is over)

BTW, Nash had a horrible game tonight, I guess we gotta trade him too? :rolleyes:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Barbosa also I don't want to see the suns trade him if we traded barbosa for whoever it could kill the chemistry on offense for this team. No matter what the suns should keep this core togather this season see if they can win it and if they don't then make some drastic changes

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I think a trade has to happen sooner or later for a big guy that can run the floor. Barbosa just wouldn't would be the right piece to trade. Who is going to run the offense when Nash sits? Not Banks? Diaw as point guard? Nope. And if a trade was to happen, a backup PG couldn't be in the deal as well due to the cap limits Sarver set. I don't like Barbs running the offense just as much as anybody, but for the short term solution, he is the only one that can get things going when Nash sits.

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
We need more shooters, not less, thats why trading Barbs (who even has a very good contract) is not a good idea. However, there are problems with him, its true that he became a ballhogger. The biggest concern is his decision making which kills the Suns when we face good defensive teams and Barbosa plays the point.

kman72

Reaction score
haha if you like richardson you should see wallace, his shooting is improveing but he gets 2 steals a game, an both are fun dunks, an he likes to boom on other random players also! : ) haha

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Marcus Banks - 0-5 fgs / 0-5 3pt fgs.

Terrible numbers. You'd think at some stage he'd have driven or taken a mid range J.

Mike D's game plan of turning players into one dimensional shooters.

HooverDam

Reaction score
So I was going to meet some friends for dinner, drinks and watching the game at Majerles tonight. As I was walking to the bar, some guy gave me a free lower bowl ticket! Needless to say, I ditched my friends and went to the game, it was lots of fun, even with the slow start.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
So I was going to meet some friends for dinner, drinks and watching the game at Majerles tonight. As I was walking to the bar, some guy gave me a free lower bowl ticket! Needless to say, I ditched my friends and went to the game, it was lots of fun, even with the slow start.

Lucky bastage!! :D

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot better 2nd half from the Suns. :)

Boris once again sucked coming off the bench. I wonder how long it will take D'Antoni to make him a starter again.

I'm surprised Skinner actually got decent minutes tonight.

So what's the deal with Tucker not playing in garbage time?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Nah, he's just not on the active roster.

I'm pretty sure I saw him on the bench tonight in a suit.

Ah, I was keeping an eye out for him, but only looked at the guys in warm ups, so that explains why I missed him.

cly2tw

Reaction score
LB seems to excel extremely well against lesser competitions.

I think he is a keeper, as long as he is not to be trusted with ball handling and decision making.

Why is nobody complaining about Amare! That's kinda strange around here. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser