Boldin out 8-12 weeks

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They just said Karl Williams (ch 10) has be called in to help the WRs now. Did I hear that wrong? Is he good?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Why the worry when its the D that is going to carry this team. :thumbup:

Top 10 D, was my prediction a week ago and I am sticking to it.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
a guy who was in a cast all camp,

He was only in a boot, and as of today not in it any longer.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow... this sucks.

Alright Fitz baby, time to see what you can do!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Welcome to another year of pain...Bye Bye 3 wide reciever set, open offense, good by dreams of a competivie team that could have at least won 8 games...

Suddenly, we look exactly like last years team: one threat at the Wideout position, a weak o-line, one runningback, 9 people stacked in the box against us, and a QB running for his life.

Loyalty is a Curse!!

jerryp

Grey facemasks forever.
Reaction score
They should have poured Kool-Aid on the wound right after it happened. But...

What does not destroy the Quan merely strengthens his resolve.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hopefully the Cards can be like this:

You must be registered for see images

God I am lame.

ramfanjoe

Reaction score
That sucks cards' fans, but here are some truths to put things in perspective:

1. With the acquisition of Fitzgerald the cards are potentially deeper at the 3 WR's than any other team in the NFC west (depending on how johnson does). Part of being that deep, means that if one guy goes down you're still pretty freekin spectacular at starting WR. How this impacts Green's 3 WR sets is interesting.

2. On this day, the cards o-line is better than the rams' o-line. And depending on how Harris and Smiley pan out, the cards o-line could be better than the niners' o-line.

3. With the signings of Berry and Macklin and the maturation of Calvin Pace the cards D will be better than it was last year. Oh yeah, "the experts" are always saying that a DT's 3rd year in the NFL is usually when they start to shine (if they're going to shine at all), so this could be a breakout year for Bryant.

4. The cards have the best coach that they've had in as long as I can remember.

5. Boldin will be back before the season ends.

Hang in there fella's. I thought that the cardinals were starting to head in the right direction last year, I still feel that way.

Last edited:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
ramfanjoe said:
That sucks cards' fans, but here are some truths to put things in perspective:

1. With the acquisition of Fitzgerald the cards are potentially deeper at the 3 WR's than any other team in the NFC west (depending on how johnson does). Part of being that deep, means that if one guy goes down you're still pretty freekin spectacular at starting WR. How this impacts Green's 3 WR sets is interesting.

2. On this day, the cards o-line is better than the rams' o-line. And depending on how Harris and Smiley pan out, the cards o-line could be better than the niners' o-line.

3. With the signings of Berry and Macklin and the maturation of Calvin Pace the cards D will be better than it was last year. Oh yeah, "the experts" are always saying that a DT's 3rd year in the NFL is usually when they start to shine (if they're going to shine at all), so this could be a breakout year for Bryant.

4. The cards have the best coach that they've had in as long as I can remember.

5. Boldin will be back before the season ends.

Hang in there fella's. I thought that the cardinals were starting to head in the right direction last year, I still feel that way.

Goodluck to your rams :thumbup:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RedViper said:
Williams looked pretty decent in the scrimmage and mock game

Yes he did. One thing to remember is that a coach like Green (and his staff) makes playmakers out of ordinary players. That's what happened with the Vikings and I can see it happening here. Get the right attitude, fear for your job, get a chance to really step up and shine and maybe even take a starting job away are all things that can bring out the best in anyone, especially athletes. McAddley and Kasper both looked good year before last and there's always the chance that Gilmore's bulb will finally go on and he will realize his potential. There is some talent with this group and we need one or two of them to reach their talent level or even better, exceed it for this year.

It can be done, and fortunately we have the right man in the right position to see that this happens.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Defense is going to carry the team? I thought we were going to outscore people.

Green was talking about how this offense was going to be "top five". I just can't see how it's possible. The season is now officially on life support.

However, we have one thing going for us at this point, and that's Dennis Green.

maybe he can get this rag tag group of no names and misfits into the playoffs by sheer force of will.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor???

:nevermindthatsbeendonetodeath:

I am encouraged by the apparant improvement on defense, but this loss, right after Shipp hurts and hurts bad. I just don't see how the offense is going to score.

But then again last year at this time I was much more optimistic - so hopefully I will be proved wrong again.

Reaction score
A little upset but it's not the end of the season we actually have some depth now at receiver and if Bryant can come back... We'll just have to wait and see.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
It's alright. Just get healthy and we'll go forward from there. As long as they don't rush him back and make sure it's fixed is most important, in my humble little opinion.

Amen Brother 11. This kid right now, today, is pretty much the franchise player. Do not rush him back. Let this thing heal. Remember, this is how Swann's problems started...meniscus then microfracture.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good freaking lord. This is all because we never gave that trophy back to that team who said we cheated against them back in the first half of the 20th Century, huh? This team just can't catch a break.

Silver lining - hopefully this allows BJ and Fitz to step up so that when Boldin does come back - each of them has confidence in themselves and Josh's confidence as well. This year ain't about winning guys - it's about building. Now I won't go saying this is a blessing indisguise - but I'mtrying to look at the bright side (and we should get another high pick to put us over the top next year and explode on the scene).

Still - oye gevault.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
good freaking lord. This is all because we never gave that trophy back to that team who said we cheated against them back in the first half of the 20th Century, huh? This team just can't catch a break.

Silver lining - hopefully this allows BJ and Fitz to step up so that when Boldin does come back - each of them has confidence in themselves and Josh's confidence as well. This year ain't about winning guys - it's about building. Now I won't go saying this is a blessing indisguise - but I'mtrying to look at the bright side (and we should get another high pick to put us over the top next year and explode on the scene).

Still - oye gevault.

I swear, you and your brother and such Koolaiders.

:D

seesred

Reaction score
I agree with the half full guys. I'm depressed but I will and they will come out of it okay. Johnson is a big strong fast reciever with good hands. It's his second year . Fritz according to all reports is the second coming. We still have a true 1 and 2 reciever and have nice playmakers to take up the three spot. Add Fred Jones, a better o-line and Damian or Scobby do and not to bad.

The biggest thing will be our much improved defense which will keep it together for Q when he comes back for game 7. By game 7 we will be 3-3 with 9 games to go. The team would have 6 games of learning and doing under their belts and stir in a little q and we still end up with 8 or9 wins. I believe.

GBR

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can anyone imagine what this baord would be like if Coach Smac was still running this team and named Emmitt the starter, demoted LJ, cut Kendall and Shipp and Boldin go donw - holy crap would the darkside from last year be off their rocker. Thank God we finally have a coach who I can trust!!!!!!! While we may not be very good this year - I don't expect us to be getting blown out on the road by an average margin of a Bajillion points a game.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
hopefully there will be a decent cap casualty WR in a few weeks that we can pick up