Both Keim And Wilks Should Be Unemployed By The End Of The Day

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You lost me at “Rod Graves was better”.
Sorry but Graves was better. It isn't even close. Name me impact players drafted by Keim. I'll spot you David Johnson. Now, find me another one. Meanwhile, there are more impact players on this team drafted by Graves than by Keim. Fitz and PP are or were top 5 players at their position. Can't say that about a single player drafted by Keim at this point after 6 drafts. Rosen and Kirk are showing promise but there isn't a single player drafted by Keim not named David Johnson who has made any kind of an impact on this team. The only thing Keim did right was trade for Jones. That. Is. It. Not to mention that Graves' playoff record is 6-3 with a Super Bowl appearance while Keim's is 1-2.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sorry but Graves was better. It isn't even close. Name me impact players drafted by Keim. I'll spot you David Johnson. Now, find me another one. Meanwhile, there are more impact players on this team drafted by Graves than by Keim. Fitz and PP are or were top 5 players at their position. Can't say that about a single player drafted by Keim at this point after 6 drafts. Rosen and Kirk are showing promise but there isn't a single player drafted by Keim not named David Johnson who has made any kind of an impact on this team. The only thing Keim did right was trade for Jones. That. Is. It. Not to mention that Graves' playoff record is 6-3 with a Super Bowl appearance while Keim's is 1-2.

Graves routinely picked in the Top-10 of the draft because his teams sucked. Keim has had one pick in the Top-10, which was after he took over for Graves.

Drafting, although important, is only a fraction of the job.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s the GM. They control the team. Winning percentages are what they’re rated by.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t even have a dog in this fight, but where did Fitz & PP get drafted as opposed to Keim’s best draftee?

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s meaningful that Cooper was part of one of the worst drafts in decades.
that draftclass sucked hard.

Keim had many good players drafted, signed and traded, CP3, CJ traded, John Brown, David Johnson, Andre Ellington, Rashad Johnson, Golden, Mathieu, Baker, David Johnson, Tony Jefferson, DJ Swaringer, DJ Humphries, Cole, Rosen, Kirk, and there were others that contributed even if not liked by many like Bucannon, Catanzaro, Peterson, Penny, JJ Nelson, Iupati, Veldeheer, Reddick, Cromatie, Bathea, Peters, Lee, Taylor, CJ2k, Josh Mauro, Frostee Rucker, Freeney, Martin, Dansby, Minter, RSJ

So ... yes PP21 is greater than any of this list drafties for now, but the Green Area, Fitz? That draft was Green. And for Greaves players in the league or great ... not so much ... if any.

Keim is overall an okayish GM, after the last two years he maybe should be on a hot seat next year, but If Rosen is the QBotF than ... gosh ... it will be hard to fire him.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
that draftclass sucked hard.

Keim had many good players drafted, signed and traded, CP3, CJ traded, John Brown, David Johnson, Andre Ellington, Rashad Johnson, Golden, Mathieu, Baker, David Johnson, Tony Jefferson, DJ Swaringer, DJ Humphries, Cole, Rosen, Kirk, and there were others that contributed even if not liked by many like Bucannon, Catanzaro, Peterson, Penny, JJ Nelson, Iupati, Veldeheer, Reddick, Cromatie, Bathea, Peters, Lee, Taylor, CJ2k, Josh Mauro, Frostee Rucker, Freeney, Martin, Dansby, Minter, RSJ

So ... yes PP21 is greater than any of this list drafties for now, but the Green Area, Fitz? That draft was Green. And for Greaves players in the league or great ... not so much ... if any.

Keim is overall an okayish GM, after the last two years he maybe should be on a hot seat next year, but If Rosen is the QBotF than ... gosh ... it will be hard to fire him.
Let me answer fire his ass

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is rich. The season has been so bad that fans are now all of a sudden glorifying Rod Graves. We’ve hit peak stupidity

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jeez, one down year and everyone is an idiot who has to be fired immediately. You better hope you never have a boss like that.
This was a known quantity going it. This year is going to suck. Every team has ebbs and flows, and you gotta rebuild sometimes.

Once you have QBOF, it becomes a more straightforward process. The teams that are good for quite extended periods are the ones who have
a young qbof who turns out to be a hall of famer, and gets them through the normal cycles of highs and lows without ever getting too low.
It's why the Colts won 10+ games for ten straight years. It's why the Steelers are playoff contenders every year. It's why the Packers and
Patriots just keep winning, in spite of sometimes questionable rosters.

Now that Rosen is here, and he looks the part, we've got to take a year or two and really rebuild around him so maybe the 2020's can
be the decade of the Cardinals. We're in a better spot than many going into next year with huge cap space and top draft picks at the same time,
to get a long way down that road.