Pitching Matchups
Bush vs Davis
Suppan vs RJ
Mcclung vs Owings
Parra vs Webb

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lets go dbacks we really need to take all 4 of these games and at worst lose one should be a fun series GO DBACKS

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm ready. Anxious to see what kind of team shows up.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reynolds is having a great night, 3-for-3 with a walk and a homer.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win series opener. Let's hope they can get a long winning streak going. Reynolds and Ojeda led the offense. Nice to see LA lose.:)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good win for the dbacks tonight great to see solid offense go with good pitching haven't seen that in a long time. Also what a great game by Reyonlds great player for us with his good bat, and Doug Davis also pitched a pretty darn good game especially after giving up the first two runs early GOOD GAME GO DBACKS

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
finally!!! d-backs win, dodgers lose. YAY!!!

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm really glad about three things, Ben Sheets will not be playing against the D-backs, June is OVER and Double-D got a win, at last. When Qualls walked in that run, I was steaming, but he got out without too much damage done.

Byrnes and his 3rd-base steal attempt put himself back on the DL. :doi:

Owings says he's OK to pitch Wednesday, but if not, Petit could start. That worries me a little.

Still, the series opener was a win and LA lost. :thumbup:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big game today lets get some run support for Randy Johnson and hope randy pitches a good game GO DBACKS AND LOSE LA DODGERS its big for us that the dodgers lost Juan Pierre for 6 weeks he is a major player for them

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed it greatly. Randy pitches tonight. I'm bracing for the worst.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Wow, testicular fracture? ugh...

Randy pitched well last game. I have complete faith in him. :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
well randy had a awful start the brewers just rocked him going to be hard to come back in this one down 6-1 in the top of the 4th hopefully the dodgers lose tonight. Man if we could just go on like a 6 or 8 game win streak this divison would be ours....

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not over yet we got a two run game 7-5 brewers with the lead bottom 5th inning Conor Jackson hit a two run hr, man if Johnson could have pitched a somewhat good game we would have the lead. Like the fight the dbacks have tonight they are not giving up maybe the bullpen can come in and shut down the brewers the rest of the night

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Randy will never get win #300 in 2008 unless he wins all the rest of the starts he could get this year if he remains healthy.

Although the D-backs fought back in the late innings, Milwaukee's bullpen shut the D-backs hitters down.

Welcome to the majors, Conner Robertson!

LA pulled one out of their Astros tonight (pun intended). :rolleyes:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Johnson is done.

I've actually been somewhat impressed with the team over the past 3-4 games. Well, the hitters. Aside from a Lyon blown save and Randy being Randy the team has looked much better.

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Owings will miss tonight's start. The best Yusmeiro in baseball will take the mound. I'll be sitting in that Redheads section tonight, so I'll try to make some noise for the home team. :madarms:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johnson is done.

I've actually been somewhat impressed with the team over the past 3-4 games. Well, the hitters. Aside from a Lyon blown save and Randy being Randy the team has looked much better.

I agree. With the injuries now mounting, we may have waited too long to snap out of our lassitude.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Uote]

I was happy to see Randy return to the D'backs, both for his quest for 300 career victories and his ultimate election into the Hall of Fame.

But Randy is a very realistic base ball player. His assessment of himself was detailed and accurate. But his conclusion was sadly vague -- "You just have to try to regroup and look forward to your next start."

The 44-year-old left-hander gave up seven runs on eight hits in 3 2/3 innings, walked three (one intentionally) and struck out six, and saw his ERA climb from 4.94 to 5.46.

Johnson acknowledged afterward that he doesn't have the velocity of his younger days, but more disturbing is his lack of location. Few of his pitches are going where he wants them to go.

"If you have velocity, that's a luxury; but if you don't have location, that's a necessity and I haven't had any of that," Johnson said. "I've had a month worth of poor games, and I'm disappointed, that goes without saying. You just have to try to regroup and look forward to your next start."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/2008/07/01/20080701dbacksgamer.html

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long until BMel says "we looked at tape, RJ was tipping his pitches?"

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man to bad the astros couldn't have hanged on last night against the dodgers in extra innings and the dbacks feel short last night hard loss to take :(. Well now the dbacks have to rebound and win this game we have to get this lead in the division to 5 or more before the all star break. GO DBACKS BEAT THE BREWERS TONIGHT

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Man to bad the astros couldn't have hanged on last night against the dodgers in extra innings and the dbacks feel short last night hard loss to take :(. Well now the dbacks have to rebound and win this game we have to get this lead in the division to 5 or more before the all star break. GO DBACKS BEAT THE BREWERS TONIGHT
I'm a dedicated fan, but I have to say it. Every D'backs loss is a step closer to reassigning Melvin to Special Assistant to some shirt-and-tie within the organization.

I watch the games and root for our players. But when they lose, I realize it's best for the team in the long run.

I'm curious to see who on this board agrees.

BTW, I went through the same thing on the ASFN Suns board. And it was best for the team. D'Antoni is gone and I have high hopes for the Suns.