Bruce Arians NFL Coach of the Year?

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
No question in my mind.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ron Rivera won an easy division and Andy Reid inherited a talented and undercoached team. If we win 11 games in the best division in football playoffs or not there is no way in hell anyone else should get the award

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ron Rivera won an easy division and Andy Reid inherited a talented and undercoached team. If we win 11 games in the best division in football playoffs or not there is no way in hell anyone else should get the award

What if we only win 3 games against the best division in football?

I'm very, very impressed with the job that Bruce Arians has done this season, but people should open their eyes to some of the other teams around the NFL.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
How about that play call for the 2 point conversion. I said to myself right before they ran that play that "I would just line up and force it right down their throats" and that is exactly what BA did. Love it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He deserves consideration. Will he win? Lot's of good coaches out there.

But he's done a wonderful job with our team and instilling the winning attitude that is needed.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I believe it will be nearly impossible to beat out Andy Reid. He took over a team that went 2-14 last year and are currently 11-4. Though where BA has the edge is that he is in a tougher division and has only gotten better as the season has progressed, but the Cheifs have been tailing off over the last 5 weeks or so.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What if we only win 3 games against the best division in football?

I'm very, very impressed with the job that Bruce Arians has done this season, but people should open their eyes to some of the other teams around the NFL.

Seasons over for us so I can stop with the Duckjake jinx negative stuff for a while. I had my doubts about Arians for a long time but to go to Seattle and punch those guys in the mouth like they did, win or lose, Arians has impressed the hell out of me.

First time Seahawks have been held to 10 points or less at home since Nov 7 2010. And dang it if Calais Campbell didn't cover his arms with vaseline before the games Seattle wouldn't have had that many.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I believe it will be nearly impossible to beat out Andy Reid. He took over a team that went 2-14 last year and are currently 11-4. Though where BA has the edge is that he is in a tougher division and has only gotten better as the season has progressed, but the Cheifs have been tailing off over the last 5 weeks or so.

Agree

IMO BA will finish 2nd

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Cardinals went 1-11 in their last 12 games last year and were probably the worst team overall during that stretch. That is just as bad as the Chiefs going 2-14 and thats not even considering the fact that the cards schedule has been absolutely brutal this year. How many winning teams have the chiefs beat, maybe one. Basically what I'm saying is Bruce should be coach of the year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Keim has a better shot at executive of the year than Arians does at coach of the year. Andy Reid and Chip Kelly both have better resumes than Arians for coach of the year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cardinals went 1-11 in their last 12 games last year and were probably the worst team overall during that stretch. That is just as bad as the Chiefs going 2-14 and thats not even considering the fact that the cards schedule has been absolutely brutal this year. How many winning teams have the chiefs beat, maybe one. Basically what I'm saying is Bruce should be coach of the year.

3-2 vs Division leaders. Not bad. Especially for the Cardinals.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I dont see how he doesnt win. How many pro bowlers did KC have last year....for all that Keim should get exec of the year too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Keim has a better shot at executive of the year than Arians does at coach of the year. Andy Reid and Chip Kelly both have better resumes than Arians for coach of the year.

And he'd deserve it. I was going to start one of these threads with that very title.

Keim made some VERY controversial moves this offseason and into the regular season, and a ton of them have come up aces. Really impressive work.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Well in my first post when I said that Reid would win it I kinda convinced myself in my own post that BA was indeed more deserving. I just hope the people putting in votes give it to BA. Also here is a link to the SOS for every NFL team and you are absolutely right. Chiefs have one of the easiest schedules this year and the Broncos have to easiest of everyone.

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/NFLStrengthofSchedule.aspx

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And he'd deserve it. I was going to start one of these threads with that very title.

Keim made some VERY controversial moves this offseason and into the regular season, and a ton of them have come up aces. Really impressive work.

Yeah...I have been shocked at how well the moves he has made have worked out. Palmer, Mathieu, Abraham, Dansby, Shaughnessy, and Ellington. Also, look at the players he has let go...Wilson got injured, Rhodes never signed, and Wells also never signed. You can't project these things, but almost everything he did has panned out this offseason. His worst area could arguably be the health of his draft class but that is probably it.

I can honestly say, I am very interested in how he is going to handle this offseason. I would guess we will see an effort to keep the defense intact (even you Bell) and adding some more offensive pieces.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Chiefs are 1-3 against teams with winning records for those of you wondering...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I get the Reid argument but not the Kelly one. Yes they are playing well but they play in the NFC least and won't have more wins then the Cards.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chiefs are 1-3 against teams with winning records for those of you wondering...

It won't matter. They had the number 1 pick in the draft and will make the playoffs. That generally wins you coach of the year.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's hard not to give it to Rivera, with the Panthers coming out of nowhere and now beating out the Saints for the division. But if you asked me who I'd rather have for my head coach, I think you know the answer to that.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah...I have been shocked at how well the moves he has made have worked out. Palmer, Mathieu, Abraham, Dansby, Shaughnessy, and Ellington. Also, look at the players he has let go...Wilson got injured, Rhodes never signed, and Wells also never signed. You can't project these things, but almost everything he did has panned out this offseason. His worst area could arguably be the health of his draft class but that is probably it.

I can honestly say, I am very interested in how he is going to handle this offseason. I would guess we will see an effort to keep the defense intact (even you Bell) and adding some more offensive pieces.

Love me some SK but the biggest miss you didn't list was at LT. Sure So well stinks less then Levi but I credit BA and staff for making it work instead of SK grabbing a Sept. waiver wire pick up. Heck even that was probably BA's choice/request.

Having said that SK should get the best GM award.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's hard not to give it to Rivera, with the Panthers coming out of nowhere and now beating out the Saints for the division. But if you asked me who I'd rather have for my head coach, I think you know the answer to that.

Great point. I would vote for Rivera over Reid and Kelly and....

If the Cards make the PO's by some miracle then BA gets my vote.