Calais Campbell Top 3 Defensive Lineman

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
He beat out a pretty impressive list here! Of which we have another. Great tandem! :cheers:

Others considered: Ahtyba Rubin, Cleveland Browns; Geno Atkins, Cincinnati Bengals; Richard Seymour, Oakland Raiders; Cullen Jenkins, Philadelphia Eagles; B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers; Jay Ratliff, Dallas Cowboys; Vince Wilfork, New England Patriots; Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions; J.J. Watt, Houston Texans; Darnell Dockett, Arizona Cardinals; Tommy Kelly, Oakland Raiders; Kevin Williams, Minnesota Vikings.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Too bad he is as good as gone, stupid front office.
:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Too bad he is as good as gone, stupid front office.
:D

I was just thinking how many posters went on during the off season between 2010 and 2011 about how Campbell had under performed and had a down year in 2010 and how I had to remind them that CC was faster than JJ Arrington and in reality had a great season in 2010.

:p

OP
OP
I

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Yup, CC in 3rd for DL, PP in 2nd for Special Teamers and Fitz in 2nd for WRs.
2 Silvers and a bronze isn't bad, though Fitz should have gotten gold.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup, CC in 3rd for DL, PP in 2nd for Special Teamers and Fitz in 2nd for WRs.
2 Silvers and a bronze isn't bad, though Fitz should have gotten gold.
Fitz and PP should have gone gold. They talk about Hester's return skills, then bring up that he has fumble trouble. PP doesn't

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz and PP should have gone gold. They talk about Hester's return skills, then bring up that he has fumble trouble. PP doesn't

Sorry but Hester deserves to be above Peterson at this point. He hasn't showed any signs of slowing down and is the NFL's all time leader and had a better YPP average last year. Peterson is GREAT but is going to have to show consistency.

I know you guys are Cards homers I am too. But anyone arguing with Megatron as Gold is just splitting heirs and playing favorites.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry but Hester deserves to be above Peterson at this point. He hasn't showed any signs of slowing down and is the NFL's all time leader and had a better YPP average last year. Peterson is GREAT but is going to have to show consistency.

I know you guys are Cards homers I am too. But anyone arguing with Megatron as Gold is just splitting heirs and playing favorites.
I'll give you the megatron thing. Except I don't know any heirs to split :p

While Hester had a whole .3 YPP better. Peterson never lost it. I'd rather THAT consistency, JMO

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

fitz is #1. period. Being #1 for 5 straight years trumps a good year.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

Im so tired of this argument on Megatron.

Detroit can have him. Maybe we are splitting heir in terms of onfield production (I would like to see what CJs numbers were when Orlovsky and Stanton were throwing him the ball and compared to Fitz last year) but when you include off the field???? LMAO.

Fitz is the most important non QB in the NFL. Everything he does for this team and the working partnership he has with FO and Wiz is incredible. His value to the organization as a whole is TEN TIMES what CJ (a good guy himself) brings to the Lions.

I dont want to even argue about it. There is no budging on this for me and I think its a dumb argument. I wouldnt trade Fitz for CJ and a first round pick.

I know these Medal things are for on field performance so I guess its not a big deal. and BTW Daniel Jerimiah is one of my three favorite Twitter follwers - his insight is incredible - But if you are talking overall value? Not even a argument IMO

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Megatron had his first fitz like year. Doesnt make him #1. sorry.

You obviously don't follow Calvin Johnson. The guys had well over 1000 yards 3 times and 12 TDs or more 3 times. He's an absolute stud of a WR. Im not saying he's better. Im just saying arguing over it is pure homerism. No matter who the author of story picked as gold his opinion is as much right if he picks Fitz for the gold. IMO.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
You obviously don't follow Calvin Johnson. The guys had well over 1000 yards 3 times and 12 TDs or more 3 times. He's an absolute stud of a WR. Im not saying he's better. Im just saying arguing over it is pure homerism. No matter who the author of story picked as gold his opinion is as much right if he picks Fitz for the gold. IMO.

I got you bud just drives me nuts. I havent seen CJ singlehandledly take over playoff games like I have seen with Fitz. Show me one tape on CJ thats equivalent to Fitz game last year against Seattle? I dont think its possible.

Then you take into account how big Larrys voice is with FO, organizing team activities, having players stay with him, working extra with most players and leading the team in work ethic, his philantohropy, how everything he says and does is so polished and perfect.

I follow CJ on Twitter. Larry Fitz he aint.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

In my opinion though there's a bias because they never pick Fitz at Gold. Yet he's had fewer drops than anyone in the league for pretty much his whole career and is a beast in yards, touchdowns, and average.

When he never gets chosen, that's a bias.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I got you bud just drives me nuts. I havent seen CJ singlehandledly take over playoff games like I have seen with Fitz. Show me one tape on CJ thats equivalent to Fitz game last year against Seattle? I dont think its possible.

Then you take into account how big Larrys voice is with FO, organizing team activities, having players stay with him, working extra with most players and leading the team in work ethic, his philantohropy, how everything he says and does is so polished and perfect.

I follow CJ on Twitter. Larry Fitz he aint.

Fitz's game in Seattle cannot be duplicated. For such a meaningless game he played like it was playoffs with everything on the line. Nobody does that like Fitz. He knew what 8-8 meant to this team.

He's put up such great #'s with such a lack of talent throwing to him that it's phenomenal. The fact that he knows everyone's stats and records is remarkable. He gave Bartell a TD ball, knowing it's his first NFL touchdown. Asks for Whis to run it to get Beanie the franchise record. On and on. He's a class act and I'm glad he's on our team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fitz's game in Seattle cannot be duplicated. For such a meaningless game he played like it was playoffs with everything on the line. Nobody does that like Fitz. He knew what 8-8 meant to this team.

He's put up such great #'s with such a lack of talent throwing to him that it's phenomenal. The fact that he knows everyone's stats and records is remarkable. He gave Bartell a TD ball, knowing it's his first NFL touchdown. Asks for Whis to run it to get Beanie the franchise record. On and on. He's a class act and I'm glad he's on our team.

I don't know if you can find a non QB that has single handedly won as many games for his team as the Alien has. He's just phenomenal. Could care less where others rank him. We know where he ranks with us and that's all that matters.

Heck, if Fitz ever left as a free agent even 40 year would still like him. He's that special.

OP
OP
I

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
I think that stat about Fitz leading the league in catchable balls by 200% speaks volumes of his greatness. We all know he has spectacular catches, just like Megatron. But that 80:1 catch:drop ratio is amazing, catching what he is supposed to catch is his job and he does it twice as well as the next guy (who isn't Megatron anyway). Fitz did this without stellar QB play and also caught many, many balls that were in the grey area of catchable.

I don't mind Megatron getting gold here, his play last year was amazing and he has definitely taken over games and been the whole Lions offense before.
It just annoys me because Fitz is always the 2nd best according to the analysts.