Calling my shot...believe it or not

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you'll note that a lot of things I said before this KC game were accurate including that we'd stop LJ on the ground but our weak spot is backup RBs and starting RBs gashing us to pieces in the passing game. We true to form stopped LJ on the ground but he gashed us through the air.

So, the shot that I'm calling right here is that we will beat the Bears on MNF and hand them their first loss of the season (of which they may have very few). This is the exact kind of game we win...the ones we have no business being in at all. I do not see Grossman tearing us up, and if Larry is healthy we will do ok against their defense with good playcalling. I also have a gut feeling that Matt is a Monday Night Monster...he seems to have that makeup. The team is in his hands, and they will rally around him...you can already see them with a bit more giddyup in their step and it looks to me that when he talks, they listen.

Monday will be a win...and if it is not and I'm wrong it will most definitely NOT be a massacre.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you'll note that a lot of things I said before this KC game were accurate including that we'd stop LJ on the ground but our weak spot is backup RBs and starting RBs gashing us to pieces in the passing game. We true to form stopped LJ on the ground but he gashed us through the air.

So, the shot that I'm calling right here is that we will beat the Bears on MNF and hand them their first loss of the season (of which they may have very few). This is the exact kind of game we win...the ones we have no business being in at all. I do not see Grossman tearing us up, and if Larry is healthy we will do ok against their defense with good playcalling. I also have a gut feeling that Matt is a Monday Night Monster...he seems to have that makeup. The team is in his hands, and they will rally around him...you can already see them with a bit more giddyup in their step and it looks to me that when he talks, they listen.

Monday will be a win...and if it is not and I'm wrong it will most definitely NOT be a massacre.

Alas poor D! You are a glutton! We will lose and lose big on our national spotlight! You better get ready. Its gonna happen. I wish it wouldnt because it will make me sick and Im travelling 300 miles to see it. But it is!

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, I knew you'd be incredulous. But you also thought we'd be slaughtered by KC as well. :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
TJones will trip over his cell phone cord the day before the game and sprain his ankle and Cedric Benson will come down with the flu and Adrian Peterson will rush for 185 yards and 2 TD's.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Our backup RB, Dee Brown (who is really the 3rd string behind michael bennett) didn't do jack against you. He had 3 carries for 2 yards.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our backup RB, Dee Brown (who is really the 3rd string behind michael bennett) didn't do jack against you. He had 3 carries for 2 yards.

Fumbled too. Too bad for us we weren't able to fall on it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, I knew you'd be incredulous. But you also thought we'd be slaughtered by KC as well. :)

FWIW, I don't think we'll be embarassed. But, I doubt that we win. Once a team has lost as many heartbreakers as we have, it becomes mental. Once a team wins like the Bears have been winning, they also get a mental edge.

That will be too much to overcome. But, I do think this team will wind up with 6 or 7 wins with Leinart at QB, IF the defense continues to play as hard as they did today. I didn't think that last week.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, there was a KC player on it. But, I didn't hear what the ref said.

As I watched the TV the one side judge didnt even bother looking for the ball he just made the motion as though he was down. So I assumed that was the call.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I watched the TV the one side judge didnt even bother looking for the ball he just made the motion as though he was down. So I assumed that was the call.

I'm pretty sure I saw one guy toss the bean bag. Also, it sure took them a heck of long time to unpile the players if they had just called him down.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw one guy toss the bean bag. Also, it sure took them a heck of long time to unpile the players if they had just called him down.

Thats what I thought too. BUt if you taped/tivoed it watch it and watch the side judge facing the camera. Watch him as he says something to the Ref and he goes ahead and points Chiefs ball even before they are unpiled.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the chicago bear game is going to be a real challenge. the bears front four are just tearing up offensive lines. they embrasses the seahawks. it again depends on the offensive line. this team will only go as far as the o-line will take them. the cardinals D is going to have to play the game of their lives. rex grossman has been tearing up the league. he throwing a great deep ball. jones is running like all we wish he would when he was with the cardinals. berry is going to have to step up and play like we all know he can. i agree with the statement that leinart is ment for prime time. hopefully he won't crumble like warner did when he was name one of deon sanders prime time players. this game is going to make or break the cardinals. i am going to agree with d-dog and say this is going to be the cardinals turn around game.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, OK. I am *almost* ready to slam the Kool Aid and start thinking that we will win this game. See me on Wednesday.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm gonna chug the Kool Aid for this one. No reason to...but I'll say 21-13.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it all comes down to turnovers, we had one yesterday and were in the game. When you turn it over multiple times you get blown out(unless it's against us then you win on a late FG).

The Bears offense is better this year but it's still not great they're just getting a lot of short fields off turnovers. So if you don't turn it over, you have a shot.

I expect to lose I just don't want to lose 40-7 I want to be competitive and continue the education of Leinart so we can start winning sooner.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm already cranky at the thought of how many times I'm gonna hear "DA BEARS."

Boy oh boy--Thom Brennaman

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am with you Dogg.

I think that he have a great shot at winning next week.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I say the Bears game will be just like the KC game, except we don't fall apart in the second half and win this thing 23-13.........:koolaid:

Bobcat

Reaction score

So, the shot that I'm calling right here is that we will beat the Bears on MNF and hand them their first loss of the season (of which they may have very few). This is the exact kind of game we win...the ones we have no business being in at all. I do not see Grossman tearing us up, and if Larry is healthy we will do ok against their defense with good play calling. I also have a gut feeling that Matt is a Monday Night Monster...he seems to have that makeup. The team is in his hands, and they will rally around him...you can already see them with a bit more giddy up in their step and it looks to me that when he talks, they listen.

My Wife and I were sitting next to some of Matt's friends from Ohio State. They were staying with him and his family over th weekend. One of the guys told Kathy and I that during the first series Matt was going to go deep to Q. Well what a tip, if I could only have gotten to a phone and placed a bet o that series I could have been a wealth man.

BOBCAT

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
I think the bears game will be closer than people think. leinart is going to make some plays no doubt. I'm a tad worried about your O-line against that bears defense.

I just hope leinart doesnt get killed.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Not. going. to. happen.

Although i do think Leinart will hang in under a pounding and look relatively good/great against the #1 team in the NFL and gain a lot of respect around the NFL.

I am not saying it's impossible. But a lot of things would have to change from coaching decisons on plays to player execution from what i have witnessed the last oh....15 years. And the Bears would have to regress as well.

Put it this way. Their strength - defensive pass rush from their front four (and i know about Oguyele) against our weakness - Offensive line play - makes this came a fairly reasonable candidate for a complete blow -out.

But I love my boys. And my QB. If he can stay up-right I feel like I am drinking the Kool-aid when i pick a 24 - 20 loss for the Cardinals. :koolaid:

For the record i would love to be finally wrong about one of these games that seem like complete mismatch to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05