Can anyone see the forest thru the trees here?

spanky1

Reaction score
Why was Blake cut? Pick one of the following (hint: you can not pick a wrong answer)!

Reason #1) He was not going to be the #1 QB in Green's system, ergo,
Reason #2) If we have a couple of needs that can be filled through FA (and there are some VERY blue chip possibilities), why carry a cap hit such as Blake's. Cutting him will save us $1MM+ that can be used elsewhere.
Reason #3) Josh McCown is 25 year's old, has great measurables size wise, is fast and mobile, has a great arm, has demonstrated that he is coachable and that he has leadership skills and, despite what the "draft a franchise QB'ers" think, has as much upside at this point in his career as does Eli, Ben, Henson and or Rivers.
Reason#4) Green has made a low risk/high reward statement to the team.....this is a new era.

While I didn't see this coming, I'm really happy this has happened.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
First of all, we don't have any forests in Phoenix so it is hard to see the trees ...but....

I'd say #1 was the main reason followed #3.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
just remeber what micheal bidwill and ron graves said. they are going to do things that might not please everyone. but they have a plan. they are going to follow through with their plan. so far the plan working. they hired dennis green. they are shaking the rostor up. green put in this voluntary conditioning camp. let see who they target and get in free agentcy.

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
Bottom line going forward: Produce or back your bags. No more "Mac guys". Who stays and who goes is all about who produces on the field, regardless of name. Whos next CLEMENT

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
OK

Originally posted by football24/7
Bottom line going forward: Produce or back your bags. No more "Mac guys". Who stays and who goes is all about who produces on the field, regardless of name. Whos next CLEMENT

I would definately have the fat lady gargling in regards to AC.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: OK

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
I would definately have the fat lady gargling in regards to AC.

haha. You made my day, Buckeye.