Can Kolb Now take the Reins?

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
No.

Guy had a stacked offense around him in Philly and still sucked.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope. He's supposed to be our starting QB and is being WELL compensated. I really hope he lives up to his deal. If not, go Skelton and Lindley lol. Our D is beasty, if our offense can control the clock better and pick up a few more 1st downs, we should be right with the 9ers for the NFCW title

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Kolb is what he is, hurt mostly... He is a starting NFL QB when available, I see little upside in skills but should be better in the not so Quarterback frieindly Cardinals system in his 2nd year.

He rolled right extending the play what seemed like 50% of the time last year, running out of bounds, tossing it away rarely completing a pass. indecisive happy feets. I don't dislike Mr. Kolb but I was never excited about him.

Most 2nd string QB's can do what he does as evidenced by Skelton pretty much matching him for much less money. Skelton has just as much current ability and probably more upsided.

If we don't establish the run, we will always suck on the oline and QB position.
Still Matty is more skillfull at the QB position and Whisenhunt is not such a great personell coach almost as bad as GM Graves.

Oakland will visit with and is expected to sign Matt Leinart to be Carson Palmer’s backup quarterback, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Leinart
This is no surprise. Leinart played for Oakland offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and as soon as Leinart was cut this offseason, we’ve been expecting a reunion. Plus, Leinart was Palmer’s backup at USC and they remain close. Both share a bond as Heisman Trophy winners.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I give him this year to prove himself. In fact, he probably only has the 1st half of the season to prove himself.

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No excuses now! Do or Die!

:jedi:

I don't think our offense is suited for him he is a west coast quarterback but more importantly unfortunately I don't believe he will last considering his concussion problems. The length of time it took to recover from his last one is definitely alarming. I hope he can and I will root for him to succeed but I don't see him as a fit talent wise and I definitely don't see him making it through a season.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think our offense is suited for him he is a west coast quarterback but more importantly unfortunately I don't believe he will last considering his concussion problems. The length of time it took to recover from his last one is definitely alarming. I hope he can and I will root for him to succeed but I don't see him as a fit talent wise and I definitely don't see him making it through a season.

THIS!!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't give him jack. I give the starter's job to the guy who earns it. I think that should be Skelton, but time will tell.

I truly believe our ceiling with Skelton is 8-8, but with Kolb it's 12-4. Flame away, call me stupid, whatever, but that's why I'm staying on the KK bandwagon.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Evidently, Whiz believes that Kolb has the physical skills to run his offence or he wouldn't be here. Though counter intuiitive, I read recently that there is no statistical correlation between a concussion and repeat concussions. We can simply hope for the best.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Evidently, Whiz believes that Kolb has the physical skills to run his offence or he wouldn't be here. Though counter intuiitive, I read recently that there is no statistical correlation between a concussion and repeat concussions. We can simply hope for the best.

CC, I hope you're right about the concussions!! Let's hope that a full training camp helps Kolb. I think we'll see one extreme or the other from Kolb. He either is the answer & leads us to 11 wins, or his critics are right & Skelton is starting by week 6. Our QB situation is still very much in doubt. Not desperate, but in doubt.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think he has a better chance this season. With a true offseason and better weapons surrounding him, he should perform better.

IMO there will be no excuses for Kolb. He has Fitzgerald, Floyd, Doucet, Roberts, Housler, Heap (?), and King to throw to. He has Wells and Ryan Williams to hand off to. IMO the offensive line will be better with the additions of Snyder and Massie with improved depth. He also will have a real chance to learn the offense and practice with his teammates in the offseason.

Skelton IMO will have a real chance to win the job this year though. Certainly Whisenhunt and Co. haven't seemed like they have too much confidence in Kolb. But I think that Skelton has to show some real growth this year; he left A LOT of plays on the field last year, missed a lot of open receivers.

The good thing is that if they falter, I think the Cards make wholesale changes next year to the QB position and we'll look to the draft for a long term answer.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, Kolb will go into the season as the starter. Its his to lose. Too much money invested in him. However if he does badly or is injured again than Skelton will be the man. No surprise here but I agree that as our qb goes so goes the season. I would not predict anything more than an 8 & 8 record at this time. Hope I am wrong.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he has a better chance this season. With a true offseason and better weapons surrounding him, he should perform better.

IMO there will be no excuses for Kolb. He has Fitzgerald, Floyd, Doucet, Roberts, Housler, Heap (?), and King to throw to. He has Wells and Ryan Williams to hand off to. IMO the offensive line will be better with the additions of Snyder and Massie with improved depth. He also will have a real chance to learn the offense and practice with his teammates in the offseason.

Skelton IMO will have a real chance to win the job this year though. Certainly Whisenhunt and Co. haven't seemed like they have too much confidence in Kolb. But I think that Skelton has to show some real growth this year; he left A LOT of plays on the field last year, missed a lot of open receivers.

The good thing is that if they falter, I think the Cards make wholesale changes next year to the QB position and we'll look to the draft for a long term answer.

Fully agree.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Yes, he will most certainly take the reigns; "the reigns" is the nickname of the Cardinal clipboard.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
When healthy (which is a BIG when), Kolb is the better QB from the Skelton of last season but Skelton should get better. I do not care WHO the QB is, as long as he can move this offense down the field.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Kolb doesn't need to take the reins, he can run away by himself perfectly fine :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05