Can McCown have a Drew Brees type year??

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
and that's without me or Rats getting involved. I don't know why anyone would still be arguing about this kid.

I think people's feelings are pretty well known at this point. Until he gets more PT or is out of the league there is very little substance to this topic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
I think people's feelings are pretty well known at this point. Until he gets more PT or is out of the league there is very little substance to this topic.

that's why it's ridiculous that there's a 151 page thread about him.

Everyone knows he sucks. :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
BIM: irregardless is non standard humourous use of regardless. Is that what you intended? :D

Yeah, I know. When I reread the post after posting it, I notice what I had done, but was too lazy to change it. :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
put the game in Mexico because of revenue sharing. We won't be the last two teams to do it. every game in any other country does very well.
As for being a man of honor, I'll be more than happy to give it up for forty. A better man, on this board, would be hard to find.
As for him calling Josh by first name, how that equates to anything personal is beyond me.
The question is COULD Josh have a brees like year? Possible? Very. Probably? Not very, but there is a chance.
As for the Bidwills ,money spent and the cap space. Look into what the Cards have put out for their draft picks the last 8 years (and team for that matter) and compare it to other organizations. FA's don't want to come and play here after visiting for a game or two. The know what the temps are on that field. However, the Bidwills and money have nothing to do with the question.

:thumbup:

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Rats will owe me a jersey so he may try to fade out. lol
No Fade here...I just think with the signing of a proven guy(Warner) that DG sent the statement that we need veteran leadership. Josh is still in the league and on our team...(Not selling insurance as you and others claimed he would be)....he will be a good pro and if the OLINE is still bad he will be starting 8 of our games due to Warners injuries....there bye garnering me a new Cards jersey from you :D If we would have gotten a different guy other than Warner I would still be argueing but Warner if healthy is the Qb I want leading this team this year. I have stated that I wish we had signed him last season but with the Oline we had it would not have mattered.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
Those average salary numbers would be more helpful with information on how they were calculated. Are those numbers one particular point in the season? Does it include bonuses? Does it include coaching staff? Why only those teams were posted? There was report last year or the year before that the Cardinals were 16 million below the cap during the season. After ENRON, Worldcom etc and based on owners seretiveness I need more info to bleive that information.

So assuming the info is right exactly how did Bidwill solve his revenue problems from STL? They are last in merchandise sales and average only 30,000 fans. TV revenue is higher now than in STL days but so are salaries. Bidwill compared to all the other owners who all have better attendance and better merchandise sales has less revenue to work with than every other owner. TV revenue is shared equally. So I am not convinced on those numbers you list. Where is Bidwill getting the additional revenue he did not have in STL? It must be that he is printing his own money, running drugs or smuggling illegal aliens. I cant figure out any other increase in football revenue that would have solved his problem. Any ideas?

I never refer to a player or coach or owner by his first name alone. Check all my posts. I call them by last name or first and last.

The NFL would be sued successfully by a team if the league told a team to reschedule a home game to an away game without that team's consent. If the NFL had the power to do that it would be in violation of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act. MLB is the only sport with an exemption.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Apparently, the answer to the question on the thread is a resounding NO.

How so? This is the Cardinals. There is a high probability that Warner will blow his knee first week of training camp and McCown will be the man. Sorry but with this team it wouldnt surprise me.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Shane H said:
How so? This is the Cardinals. There is a high probability that Warner will blow his knee first week of training camp and McCown will be the man. Sorry but with this team it wouldnt surprise me.

Fate is "bunk"... :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Drop the voodoo doll, and no one will get hurt!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Ugh, you HAD to say it, didn't you. :stick:

Well, IF that did happen, I think you know my opinion on how McCown would do.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRedMO said:
Those average salary numbers would be more helpful with information on how they were calculated. Are those numbers one particular point in the season? Does it include bonuses? Does it include coaching staff? Why only those teams were posted? There was report last year or the year before that the Cardinals were 16 million below the cap during the season. After ENRON, Worldcom etc and based on owners seretiveness I need more info to bleive that information.

What difference does it make. All of the teams were done the same way and it's obvious that the Cards spent more than most of the other teams. The info is from Sports Illustrated and I don't think they have a habit of lying about this kind of thing.

So assuming the info is right exactly how did Bidwill solve his revenue problems from STL? They are last in merchandise sales and average only 30,000 fans. TV revenue is higher now than in STL days but so are salaries. Bidwill compared to all the other owners who all have better attendance and better merchandise sales has less revenue to work with than every other owner. TV revenue is shared equally. So I am not convinced on those numbers you list. Where is Bidwill getting the additional revenue he did not have in STL? It must be that he is printing his own money, running drugs or smuggling illegal aliens. I cant figure out any other increase in football revenue that would have solved his problem. Any ideas?

It's obvious. He's a very frugal person. How did he manage to survive in the NFL all those years without having a stadium or other income source like other NFL teams have? The Cards are the longest continual ownership of any NFL team. That didn't happen just by luck.

I never refer to a player or coach or owner by his first name alone. Check all my posts. I call them by last name or first and last.

Your preference, not mine.

The NFL would be sued successfully by a team if the league told a team to reschedule a home game to an away game without that team's consent. If the NFL had the power to do that it would be in violation of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act. MLB is the only sport with an exemption.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Bidwill agreed to the game change, probably for the national exposure as much as the additional revenue.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
For

A Nationally televised game. For the revenue and to try to win over the few remaining Cowchip fans there are in the valley!
GO CARDS!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan