Cardinals 2006: Kudos to Dennis Green

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mitch,

Just for future reference It's GARY Zauner not Greg.

Anyone wanting to get more info on Zauner should read "next man up" a book by John Feinstien.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PortlandCardFan said:
I forgot about Leinart being a southpaw but he is the backup. I realize G's should be mauler types but I thought the RT was also to be a smashmouth player.

Not complaining just curious.

When you can't run the ball you need a good pair of tackles to stop the pass rush. It looks like we will be airing it out again this year.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Mitch said:
One thing that is rather curious about the current roster, especially in light of Green's recent explanation to the media as to why he didn't keep a blocking FB...he said something to the effect of "We tried, but that's not our thing. We are a three WR one RB team"...Why then is he only keeping 4 WRs on the roster? Yes, he signed three WRs to the practice squad...any or all of whom he could promote at any time, but still heading into a game with only 4 WRs when the Cards will run a preponderance of 3 WR sets seems questionable.

Maybe that will be fixed in short order.

Edge is real good catching the ball coming out of the backfield, and our tight-ends are capable also. Perhaps, DG thinks that is enough, considering the kind of offense we have.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the exception of the Wells position switch (I prefer RT's who can run block) and - if adding Boyd wasn't done to immediately upgrade #3 QB but rather to help us for the long range only - I like all the other various roster moves made this offseason to improve the team and make it a contender.

On paper.

But I'd prefer to withhold the kudos for DG until we win something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05