Cardinals 2007 Opponents

Lomax15

Reaction score
I was out of the country at the end of the regular season so I missed the posting of who the Cardinals opponents will be next season can someone repost it for me, thanks.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Supposedly the easiest schedule in the league, but it doesn't look like it to me -- especially the away schedule.

You must be registered for see images

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than the Steelers game, it looks like our home games will be relatively free of opponents' fans. :cheers:

Good point. One would also think that the game could have some MNF/SNF appeal.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the browns travel very well (i have some friends/relatives in other states that are coming in for that game)

also, the hawks draw a big crowd here

I don't believe that schedule is all that easy - but you never know how the season is going to play out

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
They could go 7-1 at home. The home schedule is really easy, we all know how the cards are on the road though. We could go 7-1 at home and end the year 7-9. Very tough road schedule.

Im gonna try and head down for the Steelers game and travel to Washington to see them play the skins.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could go 7-1 at home. The home schedule is really easy, we all know how the cards are on the road though. We could go 7-1 at home and end the year 7-9. Very tough road schedule.

Im gonna try and head down for the Steelers game and travel to Washington to see them play the skins.

Wow. That's optimistic at home. I see the schedule much tougher. I see this team being 5-3 at home at best. I see them going 4-4 away. IMO any schedule is tuff for a team that still has alot to prove.

If the team goes go 9-7 with a shot at the playoffs though... I will take that. I too can't wait for that Steelers game. Steelers against ex-steeler coaches. It should be fun.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Wow. That's optimistic at home. I see the schedule much tougher. I see this team being 5-3 at home at best. I see them going 4-4 away. IMO any schedule is tuff for a team that still has alot to prove.

If the team goes go 9-7 with a shot at the playoffs though... I will take that. I too can't wait for that Steelers game. Steelers against ex-steeler coaches. It should be fun.

I see the only loss at home coming from Seattle. I just dont see any other team that can match up with the cards, especially if the o-line becomes improved. I have high hopes for '07. I usually am a "darksider" but i just feel good about this coming year. If we can get Briggs or Samuels, draft thomas, and sign some depth, this team could be scary. The only thing that can stop the Cards this coming year are the Cards. No excuses, i dont want to hear the whole new coach bull either.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the only loss at home coming from Seattle. I just dont see any other team that can match up with the cards, especially if the o-line becomes improved. I have high hopes for '07. I usually am a "darksider" but i just feel good about this coming year. If we can get Briggs or Samuels, draft thomas, and sign some depth, this team could be scary. The only thing that can stop the Cards this coming year are the Cards. No excuses, i dont want to hear the whole new coach bull either.

I have had high hopes for more seasons then you can imagine. :bang:

I just don't have it in me anymore. Maybe it's all the seasons of having my season ticket prices getting raised just to be dissapointed with no return on investment. I am done with the rose colored glasses and the coolaid drinking. From here on out, the team has to prove it to get any benefit of doubt from me. Whenever, I look at this team with my heart I get into trouble.

So I am standing by my 9-7 prediction but reserve the right to change my mind and get my other foot back on the bandwagon at a later date. :lol:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I just dont see any other team that can match up with the cards,

That's quite optomistic. We didn't overpower anybody this year and we played some dreadful teams. What we saw was an underperforming Cards team with potential and nothing more.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
That's quite optomistic. We didn't overpower anybody this year and we played some dreadful teams. What we saw was an underperforming Cards team with potential and nothing more.

That why i say match up, matching up and playing the game are two different things. Who knows what team we will see.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
That why i say match up, matching up and playing the game are two different things. Who knows what team we will see.

I'm having a hard time with the concept that nobody can match up to the Cards after this team finished 5-11 against a rather weak schedule.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time with the concept that nobody can match up to the Cards after this team finished 5-11 against a rather weak schedule.

On paper the Cards offense should be unstopable. With Leinart, Fitz, Q, BJ, Edge, Pope, and the return of McCoy. On defense with Berry, Chike, Dansby, Dockett, Green and Wilson they have a lot of good pieces. On paper they are as good as a lot of teams, but either injuries or just plain stupidity get in the way. Its not a lack of talent that they went 5-11. Add a few pieces and who knows. Like i said the only people who can stop the cards are the cards.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
On paper the Cards offense should be unstopable. With Leinart, Fitz, Q, BJ, Edge, Pope, and the return of McCoy. On defense with Berry, Chike, Dansby, Dockett, Green and Wilson they have a lot of good pieces. On paper they are as good as a lot of teams, but either injuries or just plain stupidity get in the way. Its not a lack of talent that they went 5-11. Add a few pieces and who knows. Like i said the only people who can stop the cards are the cards.

On paper almost our entire offensive line is below average. On paper, other than the stars you mention, our defense is thin. On paper our coaching staff is unproven (or still unhired).

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That schedule looks tough.

Some of those teams suck now, but will be better. Others had off years (Steelers). Some are rapidly improving (Niners).

It's no cakewalk.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I have to agree especially considering that the Cards had a favorable schedule last year playing most of the stronger teams at home and the weaker teams on the road.

More so than coaching, next season will really hinge on how much the QB improves. I'm hoping that we sacrificed last season to have a better future with Leinart.

rtjim

Registered
Reaction score

I know it’s VERY optimistic but I also have us 7-1 at home, with the only loss to Carolina, and 4-4 on the road. 11-5 doesn’t seem possible but hey a man can dream. I would be ecstatic with 9-7 and a shot at the playoffs. Even 8-8 would be a start. If Whis truly brings discipline to this team anything is possible!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
On paper almost our entire offensive line is below average. On paper, other than the stars you mention, our defense is thin. On paper our coaching staff is unproven (or still unhired).

Actually on paper we should have a decent O-Line we just have a bunch of underachievers. Our defense is young and in some areas thin but IMO we have just as much talent as anyone in the division. Coaching might be a problem but wasnt Sean Payton and Eric Mangini "Unproven" before they were neck and neck for coach of the year? You bring up valid points but there are two ways to look at it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan