Cardinals 27 Eagles 6 Post-Game Thoughts

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Don't sweat the small stuff Mitch! If we all threw in the towel at our frustration as Cardinals fans, we would've given up on this franchise years ago...we know you bleed Cardinal Red.

We all appreciate your thoughts, so just keep rolling & writing with the flow. You as well as 99% of every other person on this board keeps us coming back for more.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
This is too good a time to leave now Walter. Welcome back! I've been thinking alot about Horton getting head coaching offers. When we tried to sign the other Steelers guy to be our DC, we were turned down by the Steelers. Why can't we just do the same. Horton is under contract, why can't we make him finish his contract. I know it's not the polite thing to do, but if we are about to make a Superbowl run I say make him stay if only for another year or two. When we win our Superbowl then let him leave.

At least by then maybe one of his defensive coaches that he has been teaching might be able to take over. Just a thought.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is too good a time to leave now Walter. Welcome back! I've been thinking alot about Horton getting head coaching offers. When we tried to sign the other Steelers guy to be our DC, we were turned down by the Steelers. Why can't we just do the same. Horton is under contract, why can't we make him finish his contract. I know it's not the polite thing to do, but if we are about to make a Superbowl run I say make him stay if only for another year or two. When we win our Superbowl then let him leave.

At least by then maybe one of his defensive coaches that he has been teaching might be able to take over. Just a thought.

By rule, you cannot keep a coordinator from interviewing or accepting a head coaching position. You can only decline interviewing for a coordinator position

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch.. I love reading your stuff..
As far as I can remember, I don't think I have ever said anything rude or obnoxious in your general direction.. But with that being said, This is about the 5th or 6th post of yours that I read, where your sniveling about the "mean kids" If it really is getting to you this bad.. Maybe the internet just isn't for you man.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back Mitch. I don't read nearly as much on this board as I used to but I always read what put up. Its a shameful story about your student. Its not what this board is supposed to be all about. I'll miss reading your words if you pull up stakes but I won't blame you.

Early

Registered
Reaction score
You are a classy poster Mitch. I know it's hard to ignore the agressive personal posts, but I hope you will be able to. You put alot of time and effort in this, and alot of people value that. For every personal attack you receive, there are many many more fans that get so much out of the thoughts that you share. Maybe we should all be better to respond how great your posts are in order to put up a strong contrast towards the few haters. Personally, I tend to read most of your stuff, in breaks between my work, but don't have the time to respond and write thanks every time. I rather read your stuff about Cardinals than Urban or Sommers and others. I'm sure many others do the same. There will always be a few people that disagree and want to convince you that your thoughts are wrong. Haters gonna hate ..

It's impossible to agree on everything. That would require two identical brains, persons. We all will disagree on some points. I tend to agree on most of the stuff you write, and on the stuff I don't, it makes me rethink my thoughts. This is a great way to post. Posting should be a way to share your own football thoughts in a open friendly manner. Few don't understand this and instead are agressively trying to force their thoughts to everyone else, even going on a personal level to "achieve" this. This should never be the goal of posting in the first place. The goal should be to exchange thoughts, without trying to convince your own are better than the people you share them with.

And yes how about RW. Finally we have a guy that can make the first one miss after the LOS. I think he will have a breakout performance against Miami.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome back, Mitch.

Let's face it. Everything we do here we learned when we were little. Share. Hit. Call names. Hug. Help. Pout. Cry. Laugh. Punch. Kick. Poke. Play. Learn. So we're just a bunch of really tall 5-year olds who love the Cardinals.

Get a good night's sleep. We've got a game tomorrow and we're 3 and 0!

ap11

Rookie
Reaction score
Great to have you back Mitch! By Monday mid morning I was about to freak out waiting for your observations!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who was relaxed at halftime ?!?!?!

SO, jealous to those how have that faith. I was worried till there was 3min left in the game.

My sentiments exactly!!! We were up 24-6 in the NFC Championship Game & had to rally to win. We've been Cardinal fans too long to ever relax. At halftime, my neighbor saw me in the backyard & was trying to congratulate me for a great win. He's a Stealer fan, so he just doesn't get it.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mitch, always maintain thick skin. This is a public forum & you'll run into all kinds of characters, mostly good, some bad. I'm convinced that my positions in life are at least 98% correct & yet people still argue with me???? Keep smiling & keep writing.:)

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mitch, I for one appreciate the time and effort you spend with your posts. Hopefully you will be around for a while.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welcome back Mitch. I hope your sabatical gives you a fresh approach to posting here. We all miss your keen observations, and your dedication as a Cardinals fan. Most of all we love your beautiful prose.

Just to inject a little piece of candor into this post, I couldn't help noticing that is was Brian in Mesa who injected into this perfectly civilized post, that you and your students need to have a thicker skin if you wish to post on this board. I simply don't see that as the answer, as it is EXACTLY this kind of mentality that encourages posters here to bash anyone with whom they disagree. The fact that he is a moderator on this board, and thus posters look to him to see how it is done, is precisely why someone in his position should not provide ANY sort of reason, (or even a hint of encouragement), for anyone to continue distasteful conduct directed at ANY poster. This is an abohrant stand for anyone in authority to take in my opinion. I find it offensive.

Mitch, you put nothing but love into this post, as did all of the respondents, save one. To have a moderator, (of all people), tell you and your students to grow a thicker skin is simply shameful. It is one thing to have a couple of posters exchange friendly barbs with each other. It is completely different to not only allow, (but to encourage) bashing that has nothing to do with friendliness. How can anyone expect the posters on any board to remain civil with each other, when the moderators themselves seem to be the very people who encourage the practice? I join your friends in welcoming you back.

Couldn't agree more. You beat me to the punch since I was flying back from Vegas where i placed a nice little bet on our cards to win the super bowl. :)

Reaction score
Welcome back, Mitch.

Let's face it. Everything we do here we learned when we were little. Share. Hit. Call names. Hug. Help. Pout. Cry. Laugh. Punch. Kick. Poke. Play. Learn. So we're just a bunch of really tall 5-year olds who love the Cardinals.

Good post Dems. Right on the money.:thumbup:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You left out bite. I'm a biter! Great post, btw. Very accurate.

Steve

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welcome back, Mitch.

:)

3-0 indeed. Been wanting to post this thought, and this is as good a place as any. Much has been stated about our playmakers on D, Dockett, Campbell, Washington, Peterson, and with good reason, but for my money Dan Williams has been the thee biggest reason our D has soared to thishigh level. Re-watching parts of our first 3 games, dude is an absolute beast. Vince Wilfork strength and richard seymore quicks. But with better feet.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:)

3-0 indeed. Been wanting to post this thought, and this is as good a place as any. Much has been stated about our playmakers on D, Dockett, Campbell, Washington, Peterson, and with good reason, but for my money Dan Williams has been the thee biggest reason our D has soared to thishigh level. Re-watching parts of our first 3 games, dude is an absolute beast. Vince Wilfork strength and richard seymore quicks. But with better feet.

Umm he had like 8 snaps the whole game against NE and not many more against Philly. :shrug:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm he had like 8 snaps the whole game against NE and not many more against Philly. :shrug:

Yeah, I was going to mention he's been huge for us when he's out there. He's not out there enough though to put him up with the other big names on D.

Steve

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to inject a little piece of candor into this post, I couldn't help noticing that is was Brian in Mesa who injected into this perfectly civilized post, that you and your students need to have a thicker skin if you wish to post on this board. I simply don't see that as the answer, as it is EXACTLY this kind of mentality that encourages posters here to bash anyone with whom they disagree. The fact that he is a moderator on this board, and thus posters look to him to see how it is done, is precisely why someone in his position should not provide ANY sort of reason, (or even a hint of encouragement), for anyone to continue distasteful conduct directed at ANY poster. This is an abohrant [sic] stand for anyone in authority to take in my opinion. I find it offensive.

Actually that is not what I said at all, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I am not alone in this thread for saying that Mitch needs thicker skin. Not just in posting on here - in life in general. Seriously, something is wrong if you let what people say on the internet bother you to this degree and you are above the age of 12. It comes off like pre-teen drama every time we turn around and read a "woe-is-me" diatribe with idle threats to "pack up my thoughts and leave." Not just by Mitch, but by anyone on here.

At no point did I encourage anyone to pile on Mitch or launch personal attacks his way. If they do - they will be dealt with accordingly.

It is not that difficult: Post your thoughts. Some will disagree. It's okay to debate. If it gets personal - report those posts. If nothing is reported - the mods are not even aware that there is a problem.

My being a mod on this site shouldn't factor into my ability to observe and share my opinion. In the end we are all just fans.

The lengthy re-intro part that began this thread was whiny and unnecessary. It actually encourages people to pile on, IMHO.

The rest of the original post was great.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually that is not what I said at all, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I am not alone in this thread for saying that Mitch needs thicker skin. Not just in posting on here - in life in general. Seriously, something is wrong if you let what people say on the internet bother you to this degree and you are above the age of 12. It comes off like pre-teen drama every time we turn around and read a "woe-is-me" diatribe with idle threats to "pack up my thoughts and leave." Not just by Mitch, but by anyone on here.

At no point did I encourage anyone to pile on Mitch or launch personal attacks his way. If they do - they will be dealt with accordingly.

It is not that difficult: Post your thoughts. Some will disagree. It's okay to debate. If it gets personal - report those posts. If nothing is reported - the mods are not even aware that there is a problem.

My being a mod on this site shouldn't factor into my ability to observe and share my opinion. In the end we are all just fans.

The lengthy re-intro part that began this thread was whiny and unnecessary. It actually encourages people to pile on, IMHO.

The rest of the original post was great.

Here we go ....

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see this heading anywhere productive. We all should be happy that we didn't lose a great poster over what stuff that was pretty mean spirited and wrong.

Thank you for posting your thoughts Mitch, I appreciate it! :raccoon:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, let me ask you this---who would you rather have?

QB Vick---CB DRC---LB Kendricks

QB Kolb---CB Peterson---LB Bradley

Rhetorical question?

Saw several Eagles fans in green Kolb jerseys. Talked with more than one Eagles fan that was griping about Vick and wanted Kolb back because they remember flashes of solid QB play when he had filled in for Vick in the past.