Cardinals @ Kansas City Predict the Score

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe this is my first time picking against the Cards on these prediction threads.
dcr.gif

Cards lose 34 -13

Is it not sad that the season is half over and we are already in discussions about the draft, firing the DC, hiring and OC. talking about how bad we are, having won only three games. I had almost forgotten the past days of the Cards but this sure brings back those memories of being irrelevant. I have often seen teams fire coaches or even head coaches during the season aka the Cowboys. Our owners do not see the errors of their ways. I would bet money plays into this. Firing someone means you have pay two guys at the same time. Having Whiz being the head coach and OC saves the salary of a real OC. Maybe I am all wrong about this and am just angry. Who knows given the history of team ownership. We have had a reputation of being cheap for many years. It sure is not fun being a Cardinal fan but if you are a fan you are a fan forever. You are committed even more than a marriage as half of all those end in divorce. You cannot divorce your relationship with a team. I am stuck with the Cards and Cubs and am doomed to suffer all my life.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
From the official site...

With starting cornerback Greg Toler questionable with a foot injury, it would leave the Cardinals wil Michael Adams – all 5-foot-7 of him – in his place if Toler cannot play.

We were not playing the pass particularly well anyway but now Cassel will put up MVP like numbers this weekend, Adams can't cover anyone...that is just an invitation for them to throw like mad on us. It is amazing our other DBs are so bad they can't pass Adams on the depth chart.

It is going to get UGLY.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Don't know the score, but:

Cassell will have a career best day (coming off of a game in which he just threw for 470 yards and 4 TD's with no INT's). :D
Charles and Jones will combine for over 300 yards on the ground.
Bowe will also have a career best day, probably something in the order of 12-15 catches for 200 yards and 3 TD's. (coming off a game in which he just caught 13 passes for 186 yards and 2 TD's). :D

KC's defense, coming off an embarrassing spanking, will sack DA and/or Hall 5 times, grab 3 INT's (2 returned for TD's), and force 2 fumbles.

Beanie will play 4 snaps and sit the rest of the way...
Hightower will get 13 carries for 39 yards.
Fitz will have 8 catches for 60 yards.
Breaston, worn down from having to return KO's, will have 6 catches for 70 yards.
Doucet will be a non-factor, again.

Whiz will not shake Haley's hand after the relentless pounding, but, will apologize afterward in the presser for letting his emotions get the best of him.

Other than all that, this should be a great matchup!

;)

We were not playing the pass particularly well anyway but now Cassel will put up MVP like numbers this weekend, Adams can't cover anyone...that is just an invitation for them to throw like mad on us. It is amazing our other DBs are so bad they can't pass Adams on the depth chart.

It is going to get UGLY.

Ummmm.... yep! :bang:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

It is going to get UGLY.

Can the pass coverage be any worse than last Sunday. Wilson and our CB Tolar were in a world of their own. That coverage was about as bad as it can get. Would you sign a CB that is 5'7" tall to cover these receivers today that are 6'4" and 225 lbs or more and have arms as long as an ape and hands bigger than my head. Why we did not put Cromartie to cover their big receiver is a mystery to me. One team said their plan was to avoid Cromartie and work the other side. Apparently Whiz thinks you do not change your corner backs coverage no matter that the other CB is being eaten alive throw after throw. Comartie can jump and is fast so he can at least cover some of these monster receivers. Where have all he Deion Sanders gone? When you look at the body of work Whiz has done excluding when Warner was here it is not very good. Warner sort of called his own plays regardless of what the coach sent in. Last week we were 4th and 5 on the opposition goal line. Whiz calls a run up the middle. What was that all about? I do not care if your QB is Anderson that was stupid before and after the call. Even the announcers wondered about that one. I have lost faith in Whiz.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
49-0, Cassell runs 70 yd bootleg for TD

Beat me to it.

2-0 K.C.

First drive of the game, DA throws a screen pass to Wells on our own 10, Wells is behind him (so lateral) it bounces off Wells head through the back of the endzone.

The rest of the game both teams show how pitiful bad football can be.

Dubbed worse game ever.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Like many, he had heart. Just no heart and desire to play for the Cards.

I disagree. I think we should allow T.Jones to defend himself....quick some one call him up.

:D

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chiefs just make Kyle Orton look like a pro-Bowler and gave Moreno the first 100 yard rushing game of his career. Look for DA to have a lucky day and Hightower to top 100 yards.

Cards surprise the Chiefs.

Cards 27

Chiefs 23

:koolaid:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If there's one thing I hate about this season in particular, it's that everyone we play against suddenly revitalizes either their career or their season after they play us. They have a "breakout" game and are suddenly back in the spotlight. That being the case, it's time for Cassell to show he's a top notch NFL QB and I have no doubt we'll accommodate him in every fashion imaginable. Thomas Jones has something to prove--he gets traded by every team he's on, yet he's still going strong. He'll probably rush for 150. Charles will ground us and pound us all day and rush for another 150. They'll most likely put up 500 yards on offense, which is the norm for us this year, and on D we'll give up at least 5 sacks, because our offensive line wants to kill our own QB, if they even call him that.

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This team quit last week and I don't see anything that's going to change that this week. I'm not going to predict the score but I will confidently predict that we lose unfortunately.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we win this game I will go get 10 white doves and release them like the cooky crazy lady did when Michael Jackson was found "innocent." :D

And when the Martians start zapping us it will be all your fault. Time to get out my old Slim Whitman albums just in case.

Steve

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If there's one thing I hate about this season in particular, it's that everyone we play against suddenly revitalizes either their career or their season after they play us. They have a "breakout" game and are suddenly back in the spotlight.........................

The Cardinals did that better than any team in the NFL from about 1990 to 2003.

Sad to see them regress like this.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Cards win by blowout...just because they don't want the lowest ratings ever for a MNF game next week. :)

freebyrd

Reaction score
here is the secret weapon, yes its lame and yes its superstitious but it does have as near as i can figure about a 70 percent success rate, of course this was with the warner led cards,
so as i said we'll see if theres any mojo left on it

once again and for the first time this year misse's kurt cobain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3dWBLoU--E

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05