Cardinals.Ken

hef

Veteran
Reaction score
army of darkness,the three words bruce campbell had to say at the alter where the book of the dead was at

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
What is that from? It's very familiar to me, but I can't place it.

Well, the latest film to feature that line would of course be "Army of Darkness" (aka "Evil Dead 3").

But, it was orginally uttered in the 1951 sci-fi classic "The Day The Earth Stood Still". In my opinion, it is one of the top three science-fiction movies of all time. The movie is repleat with awesome quotes.

"Klaatu, barada, nickto!" was the oral command that Klaatu (Michael Rennie) taught Helen (Patricia Neal) to get Gort (the HUGE robot) to halt his attack upon the earthlings.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, yes. I was most recently reminded of it when I read Bruce Campbell's book "If Chins Could Kill."

Thanks!

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
...and, "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was directed by Robert Wise, who also directed "The Sound of Music", and "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"...

...I always thought this was an odd bit of trivia...

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by PANTONE194C
...and, "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was directed by Robert Wise, who also directed "The Sound of Music", and "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"...

...I always thought this was an odd bit of trivia...

Don't forget "The Andromeda Strain"...yet another classic, and the first film based on a book written by Micheal Crieghton!

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Ah, yes. I was most recently reminded of it when I read Bruce Campbell's book "If Chins Could Kill."

Thanks!

I've heard about his book, was it a good read?

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's a fun and easy read..... now if Krang would just finnish my copy and get it back to me.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
I've heard about his book, was it a good read?

Yeah, it was pretty good. It was interetsting to see that all of his childhood buddies who he grew up making "home movies" with ended up being relatively successful in film. Most notably Sam Rami.

But then again, I'm a weird breed of film buff--I like all the production/creative side of film just as much as the finished product. I think it would probably be an entertaining read for anyone, though. It's written with a very casual, conversational tone.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Klaatu, barada, nickto!" What is that from? It's very familiar to me, but I can't place it.

"Klaatu Barada Nickto" LB Utah 6-3 250 (3.9)

One of the fastest players on the Ute Squad. Nicknamed the "Nickto Kid." Led the team in missed sacks for the 2nd straight year. Turns his back at the point of attack. Has no hips - therefore his hip movement isn't very fluid. Somewhat effeminate (i.e. Plays like Tarzan/Looks like Jane). Is nearsighted and cannot see the sideline - otherwise he'd have sideline to sideline range. Known for immersing himself in grease prior to games in order to avoid being velcro'd to blockers. Scored a 2 on the Wunderlic (Fast Twitch body/Slow Twitch mind). Some thoughts of converting him to TE, except he has no hands (they were bitten off at the wrist by his personal trainer prior to the season). Normally a perfect fit for the Raiders, but Al Davis is said to fear him. Could go as high as a late undrafted free agent pick.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
"Klaatu, barada, nickto!" What is that from? It's very familiar to me, but I can't place it.

"Klaatu Barada Nickto" LB Utah 6-3 250 (3.9)

One of the fastest players on the Ute Squad. Nicknamed the "Nickto Kid." Led the team in missed sacks for the 2nd straight year. Turns his back at the point of attack. Has no hips - therefore his hip movement isn't very fluid. Somewhat effeminate (i.e. Plays like Tarzan/Looks like Jane). Is nearsighted and cannot see the sideline - otherwise he'd have sideline to sideline range. Known for immersing himself in grease prior to games in order to avoid being velcro'd to blockers. Scored a 2 on the Wunderlic (Fast Twitch body/Slow Twitch mind). Some thoughts of converting him to TE, except he has no hands (they were bitten off at the wrist by his personal trainer prior to the season). Normally a perfect fit for the Raiders, but Al Davis is said to fear him. Could go as high as a late undrafted free agent pick.

ROTFLMAO!:thumbup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05