Cards are ranked pretty well in all categories

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ranked 11th offensively. 10th Defensively. 5th in points allowed!! Top 10 in points scored!! Beat Dallas and we are in good shape at 4-2.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This hits the nail on the head as to why we aren’t seeing more overall production from the offense. This is on the coaches. Show me a team that continuously shoots itself in the foot with penalties, and I’ll show you a coaching staff that doesn’t hold its players accountable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
16th in scoring offense - exactly the same as last season at this point.

True, but this is an historic scoring season. More points scored through every week than ever before. So we have increased, but so as everyone else I guess :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but this is an historic scoring season. More points scored through every week than ever before. So we have increased, but so as everyone else I guess :)

Heard it mentioned on the radio that our offensive stats are right up there with the Seahawks except that they score about 8 more points a game than we do. :|

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
have gone from almost dead last in RZ% to 2nd place so far (about a 40% increase).

Cut out the drive stalling penalties and they become a top 5 offense

This.

Red zone offense was atrocious last year and has been significantly better. Let's all agree to that.

Offensive penalties are killing us (we have the most drive killing penalties in the NFL).

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff's easy going and quiet nature is likely hurting our team big time here.... He needs to develop some bite and be an a$$hole when he needs to...

maybe he has this side and we never see it. I doubt that though. We need these penalties down!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff's easy going and quiet nature is likely hurting our team big time here.... He needs to develop some bite and be an a$$hole when he needs to...

maybe he has this side and we never see it. I doubt that though. We need these penalties down!

What is funny is that we are close to leading the league in penalties, even though we have committed 3 or 4 less per game than last year. Penalties seem to be way down overall.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Do you actually think they don't address this issue with players and screaming it would actually help?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do you actually think they don't address this issue with players and screaming it would actually help?
never said screaming would get it done... I'm not sure what the answer is. Try to mimic Bill Belichik the best you can?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What is funny is that we are close to leading the league in penalties, even though we have committed 3 or 4 less per game than last year. Penalties seem to be way down overall.
Wow that is mind blowing. I knew we committed a lot of penalties last year but damn. Im confident our rate of drive killing penalties will be brought down over the season but its clearly a weak spot with Kliff.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score

You do realize that most of the 20 year old's don't really react to this kind of motivation anymore? I work in a field (the military) filled with the same age group as pro athletes, and even the military doesn't really yell and scream and act like ******** anymore.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You do realize that most of the 20 year old's don't really react to this kind of motivation anymore? I work in a field (the military) filled with the same age group as pro athletes, and even the military doesn't really yell and scream and act like ******** anymore.
Again, I never said yell and scream... after more thought, Kliff should just flat out sit a player for the next drive if they commit one of these drive killing penalties...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
never said screaming would get it done... I'm not sure what the answer is. Try to mimic Bill Belichik the best you can?
Well, that's what all of Belichick's coaching tree does once they get a job and end up being a total d!ck to their players who then do not respect them because unlike Bill they have no Super Bowl clout. Acting like Belichick is the last thing you want your coach doing... see Bill O'Brien