Cards/Giants predictions

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
The flavor of the day is not going to be vanilla like it was during pre season. Warner will call plays over the middle. Their defense is not a top ten defense. Except for center, we are what we are - playoff contenders. We have four uninjured, real NFL receivers. Have you tasted Jalepeno jelly. The giants will. With our hot offense, our defense's strong points will be ascentuated.

Cards 42 Giants a lucky 10.

Cards def 4+ sacks, 2+ int

Ya'll can pay me back on Tuesday just like Wimpy does for his hamburgers.

RobbleRobble

Hope springs eternal
Reaction score
Eli Manning has seven career starts. Pedigree or no, our defense exposes his inexperience. The D forces multiple turnovers and sets up short fields.

On offense, we struggle. We continue to have trouble running the football. However, I think the passing game begins to click as the game goes on.

Cards take an early lead, and kick a lot of field goals in route to winning a low scoring afair:

Cardinals: 16
Giants: 6

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards 24 Giants 16.

Giants simply can't get it done in the red zone against a Cardinals defense that thrives in a short field situation.

spanky1

Reaction score
It's either going to be 31-24 or 13-6, one way or the other. I just can't figure out who.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jmt said:
I can see this happening.

Or the kool aid is spiked and Warner throws for three TDs in 31-10 Cardinal romp!

GBR

Yeah, either way. ;)

A-Bomb

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeno said:
If we lose we are a far worse football team than I thought. The Giants are not very good at all IMO. A loss for the Cards would send up a huge red flag.
For those of you predicting doom and gloom if we were to lose to the Giants, take heart. The G-Men are a better team than you are giving them credit for. Much better.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The Giants O-Line is just as bad as ours, but our D-Line is much better than their's.

The Giants will be able to get a decent running game going, but cannot protect Eli in the passing game. Eli does not equal Payton and we'll force at least two INTs.

Cards win in a low scoring game 17 - 10.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
BACH said:
The Giants O-Line is just as bad as ours, but our D-Line is much better than their's.

The Giants will be able to get a decent running game going, but cannot protect Eli in the passing game. Eli does not equal Payton and we'll force at least two INTs.

Cards win in a low scoring game 17 - 10.

Homer. Kareem MacKenzie is better than Oliver Ross. Chris Snee (right now, at least) is better than Elton Brown. Shaun O'Hara is way better than Lynch or Leckey. Big is better than Luke Pettigout, but not by a great margin. And David Diehl is probably a little better than Reggie Wells. They're O-line is better than Arizona's, at least this season.

The cornerstone matchup of this game will be Pettigout v. Berry and Strahan versus a possibly rusty Oliver Ross. Whomever gets the best of those battles will probably dictate whether this game is 24-17 or 9-6.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cards

shut the run down early forcing Manning to throw. Cards then come out of the vanilla D they've showed all pre-c and start smoking Manning.
Cards pass first run second (no news there) and win ths one.
Cards 24
ants 14.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Homer. Kareem MacKenzie is better than Oliver Ross. Chris Snee (right now, at least) is better than Elton Brown. Shaun O'Hara is way better than Lynch or Leckey. Big is better than Luke Pettigout, but not by a great margin. And David Diehl is probably a little better than Reggie Wells. They're O-line is better than Arizona's, at least this season.

The cornerstone matchup of this game will be Pettigout v. Berry and Strahan versus a possibly rusty Oliver Ross. Whomever gets the best of those battles will probably dictate whether this game is 24-17 or 9-6.

Our guys were better than their guys last year though.

No way the Cards win in New York on opening day. Sept. 11th, 3 hour time difference, crummy offense, etc.

Giants win 9-6 making it easier for us to "if and but" all next week.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Cards 28
Giants 16

In the 4th quarter, we'll sack Manning 4 times. Mark it down! :thumbup:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Cards 34

Giants 10

I'm just guessing here but DG unleashes a quick short passing game and drives the Gnats mad with dink and dunk h e double toothpick.

Arrington has over 100 yards and our defense picks off Eli twice.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
We'll go down. 24 - 13

We go down.

24 Giants
13 Cards.

Mainly because I still don't believe our defense is stout enough against the run and our offense still sucks until I see some big yardage and scores (which didn't happen last year or in this preseason). Nothing's happened to change my mind .... yet!

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
The last two games the Cardinals have won relatively low scoring games by dominating the line of scrimmage in the second half. It helped that both of these games were played in Tempe on reasonably hot days.

I will not be worried if the middle of the Giants d-line holding up for most of the first half -- as long as the game is close /the Cards have the lead. Its the second half were you have to wear undersized/under talented d tackles out.

I think that Denny comes out gunning.

When the Cards said "screw it, we are throwing" in the preseason -- they marched down the field and scored. Will Peterson is coming off a bum knee and hasnt played much in the preseason. Brent Alexander is a starter. (YES -- that Brent Alexander--the young mediocre former Card safety is now an old below average Giant safety) Warner has issues when the rush is in his face -- strength of the Giant pass rush is from the edges.

I can see Denny getting a lead throwing the ball, and then being content to run it at 3 yards a pop in the second half and make Eli beat his defense.

Ill go: Cards 20 Giants 13

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
We are going to tee off on Manning, just like they will tee off on Warner. We have the better D to tee off on Manning

ding ding ding... we have a winner. Our offense hasn't looke d great, but the defense will drive Manning nuts with their pressure. I can see 2 or 3 interceptions in this game.

Cards hang on, 17-13.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
prediction

Tiki has 130 yards and 2 TDs. Manning has 130 yards and 2 INTs. Warner looks okay, but not spectacular. Fitz and Boldin each catch a TD. 20-17 Giants in OT.