Cards/Giants predictions

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
I had a dream, and in this dream I was walking alone in the desert. The sun was rising in the west and before me stood a pile of ash. As I reached down to touch the ash a fiery red bird sprung up. It looked me in the eye and spoke to me saying "Cards 35, Giants 10."

Cardinal Mike!!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
seesred said:
Our defense will help us win this game. If we win the time of possesion war we will win this game. TOP is a key as it will show that the defense is creating turnovers. WArner will have a good game. He came out of pre season with an over 60% completion percent and that was without anything special in line up or movement.

Final score 16-3 Cards

GBR

Not for nothing, but wouldn't it be easier to say that whoever wins the turnover battle is going to win the game?

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Cards 20
N.Y. 10
Manniing has been out too much in pre-season. He should be off key for the first half. And, if we get a couple sacks, he'll be off all game long. Our D is going to come out to make a statement!!
Even if Peterson is on his game, he's only one guy. With Kurt's experience, he'll find the open guy. Our ground game may be just so so. , given the the match ups on the right side of the O-Line. But, who knows - we might have some real motivation there.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
My predictions are ALWAYS wrong so....

Giants - 17
Cards - 10

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You do have battered fan syndrome! :D

Duckjake said:
We've heard all that before several 4-12 and 5-11 seasons. Heck there were people who thought the 2003 team had the potential to go 9-7 or 10-6. Even in 1998 the Cards were toasted their first two games.

Anyone who thought those teams where going anywhere have had too much kool aid. 2003 was one of the worst Cardinal teams I have ever seen.

THIS team is the best I have ever seen in Arizona. This team won't win on last minute TD's drives after Jake Plummer has put us in a hole by throwing picks in the first half. Look at the quality on both sides of the ball. This isn't 98, 03 or any other season. Don't be afraid to say 'hey, this is a good team we have here and we have a shot to win more than a few ball games'.

They lost two games to the 49ers last season for cryin' out loud.

Growing pains. The 9er's will be swept this year.

We finally get a prime time player in Boldin and the next season he's out for 6 games with a knee injury. We get a high profile WR with the #1 selection and he sprains his ankle and has to play his entire rookie season at 80%. We finally get somebody at MLB who can make stops at the line of scrimmage and bang he's out 6-8 weeks.

Injurys happen to all teams. We have the depth to bring in a guy like James Darling to cover for Hayes. We have Leckey (who is looking like he may play) to cover for Step. This is Denny Green coached team, we can win.

We have no experienced TE.

It's a good thing we don't feature a TE much then.

And then we have to open in New York on September 11th. We have no chance.

9/11 meant something to everyone, not just to New Yorkers. And we have every chance at winning this game. Let's go Cardinals!

blindseyed

Reaction score
CardinalMike said:
I had a dream, and in this dream I was walking alone in the desert. The sun was rising in the west and before me stood a pile of ash. As I reached down to touch the ash a fiery red bird sprung up. It looked me in the eye and spoke to me saying "Cards 35, Giants 10."

Cardinal Mike!!

Where is this desert where the sun rises in the West? and how can I get there...or what can I inhale to get there...:D

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Warner gets time, this game is in the bag! I don't like their corners a little bit. Isn't Peterson banged up? We'll make just enough plays to win it.

US-23
THEM-21

:newcards: :newcards: :newcards: :newcards:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
blindseyed said:
Where is this desert where the sun rises in the West? and how can I get there...or what can I inhale to get there...:D

It was actually a prediction of doom. You know the old saying, "The Cardinals will win a season opener when the sun rises in the west"? Cardinal Mike's a total darksider.

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
It was actually a prediction of doom. You know the old saying, "The Cardinals will win a season opener when the sun rises in the west"? Cardinal Mike's a total darksider.

Someone has to pick up the torch Ouchie and Cheese dropped when they started drinking the Kool Aid.

Cardinal Mike!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Redsz said:
You do have battered fan syndrome! :D

Anyone who thought those teams where going anywhere have had too much kool aid. 2003 was one of the worst Cardinal teams I have ever seen.

THIS team is the best I have ever seen in Arizona. This team won't win on last minute TD's drives after Jake Plummer has put us in a hole by throwing picks in the first half. Look at the quality on both sides of the ball. This isn't 98, 03 or any other season. Don't be afraid to say 'hey, this is a good team we have here and we have a shot to win more than a few ball games'.

Growing pains. The 9er's will be swept this year.

Injurys happen to all teams. We have the depth to bring in a guy like James Darling to cover for Hayes. We have Leckey (who is looking like he may play) to cover for Step. This is Denny Green coached team, we can win.

It's a good thing we don't feature a TE much then.

9/11 meant something to everyone, not just to New Yorkers. And we have every chance at winning this game. Let's go Cardinals!

Those are all terrific but for heaven's sake will you quit trying to jinx this deal!

My predictions are ALWAYS wrong so....

Giants - 17
Cards - 10

Now there's someone who understands Cardinal football. :D

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Cards win 20-16. Defense has moments of lapses but hold up in the red zone, Offense and the kicking game do just enough to win the game

So Josh McCown is the one that single handedly destroyed our "great" offense last year? :biglaugh:

I don't know what the hell you're smoking but can I have some? That must be some good stuff

I can tell you what he is not smoking and that is Josh McCown butt crack.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I had a dream about the game last night. It was pretty boring game offensively.

Cards were up 10-0 with 4:10 left in the 4th when Warner threw a pass between two defenders from about 30 yard out to Boldin for the TD. :thumbup:

blindseyed

Reaction score
SirChaz said:

Cards were up 10-0 with 4:10 left in the 4th when Warner threw a pass between two defenders from about 30 yard out to Boldin for the TD. :thumbup:

Wow all these 'dream' posts... I usually dream about chics

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
For all you people the claim there is no way the Cardinals will win in NY on September 11th...the Diamondbacks won the World Series over the mightiest NY Yankees just after the actual September 11th. The 2005 Giants are no 2001 Yankees.

The junior Manning was hurt in preseason, looked terrible last year, and Kurt Warner can show our pass rushers where the weak spots in NY's o-line are.

The Cards will start fast with Q, Larry, and BJ, force the Giants to try and score quick points passing, thus creating turnovers for us, and allowing us to pound the running attack in the second half with limited success, but revealing the fact that Shipp is more effective than Arrington at this point.

Cards 26 (safety) Giants 6.

Believe it.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
SirChaz said:

Your dream to God's ear!!! :)

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Stout said:
Skkorp, I am going to rub it in your face when you're proven wrong on this game. Our offense won't be as potent as it can be, but NY's defense isn't any good either. We'll key on the run, and though we won't be fully able to stop Barber, we'll slow him enough to make Manning beat us, and Manning definitely won't be able to do that, as he'll be on his back all day. Still, not as easy a win as I would have liked.

Cards 21
Giants 13

This is how I think the game goes. I am so pumped I need my Ridolin. Lol

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't liked this game since the day the schedule came out. The Giants will play with tremendous emotion, Coughlin will make sure of it. (His son escaped from one of the WTC towers.) If we can weather the storm early, and keep within a TD going into the second half we can pull it off.

But, I say it's 17-0 Giants by the end of the first quarter as they get one defense or special teams score. We regain our bearings, but wind up losing 23-17.

Win or lose, our overall record will still be from 9-7 or 8-8.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
But, I say it's 17-0 Giants by the end of the first quarter as they get one defense or special teams score. We regain our bearings, but wind up losing 23-17.

Aj, even though I foresee the cards winning 16-13 ... I could TOTALLY see your scenario playing out, too. Ugh... :(

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Aj, even though I foresee the cards winning 16-13 ... I could TOTALLY see your scenario playing out, too. Ugh... :(

There will be no shame in losing this game. (Although I will still be bummed if it happens.) I truly think the Giants would beat anyone in that stadium today. I'd pick them over the Patriots even.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Arizona Cardinals 17
New York Giants 21
Unfortunatly I think you might be right on this one for once :D

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I cant believe you guys are so pessimistic. :( This Cardinal losing has been in your blood for to long. We do have legitimate reason for being hopeful in this team, and respected minds like John Clayton and Ron Jaworski both pick us to win and have good season. I'm wary as well but I have faith. I might get let down, but i do know this: This is the best Cardinal team we have had coaching, talent, and heart wise since they have been in Az and i think we might play up to 9-7 expectations. Starting today: Cards 27- Giants 17

and no im not drinking the kool aid---Buy in guys, Denny will get it done at some point and this is nice a day to start as any....

Last edited:

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
I cant believe you guys are so pessimistic. :( This Cardinal losing has been in your blood for to long. We do have legitimate reason for being hopeful in this team, and respected minds like John Clayton and Ron Jaworski both pick us to win and have good season. I'm wary as well but I have faith. I might get let down, but i do know this: This is the best Cardinal team we have had coaching, talent, and heart wise since they have been in Az and i think we might play up to 9-7 expectations. Starting today: Cards 27- Giants 17

and no im not drinking the kool aid---Buy in guys, Denny will get it done at some point and this is nice a day to start as any....
Yeah...ok. It is still a road game in NY on 9/11. Emotional day and the Cards havn't proved they can when on the road in the regular season. I see good things for this season. I just don't think it will start today. Hope I am wrong GO CARDS!!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Rats said:
Yeah...ok. It is still a road game in NY on 9/11. Emotional day and the Cards havn't proved they can when on the road in the regular season. I see good things for this season. I just don't think it will start today. Hope I am wrong GO CARDS!!!

9/11 factor in my mind is irrelevant...Most of the players and the entire coaching staff have little connection to New York 4 years ago and the media will be the biggest manufacturer of it being noteworthy. The fans will be emotional too but i doubt it will make it any more of a home field advantage than usual. Now LSU and the Saints are the teams playing off pure emotion right now, because that tragedy is so fresh in everybodys minds.

BTW does'nt seem funny our city seems to be the protagonist when another city is affected by tragic event and their is a sporting event to be played. First the Dbacks against the Yankees, then last night ASU against LSU, Now today on the first time there is a football game on 9/11, guess whos playing NY in NY....? That would be our beloved Cardinals.....Hopefully this isn't a callous statement but so far we are 1-1 in these types of situations.....