Cards Hawks 2012 Game 1 Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not shocked at all by what Kolb did. The question isn't about whether he can move the team down the field, but more so whether he can stay healthy and can he stand tall in the pocket under pressure?

The Cardinals really need to keep three quarterbacks on the active roster with their O-line.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not shocked at all by what Kolb did. The question isn't about whether he can move the team down the field, but more so whether he can stay healthy and can he stand tall in the pocket under pressure?
he stayed in the pocket. And SEA was bringing pressure. They know his weaknesses too

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Really glad we got the win...!!!

Kolb saved the game for us since the offense was absolutely stuck in neutral all 2nd half.

This has been the worst officiated game ever that I have seen. I saw couple of the early ones and the officiating did not look this horrendous. I guess we get worst of even the replacement refs, typical Cardinals.

Defense was ok but missed too many tackles and sacks in the backfield regardless of how mobile QB and how tought RB runs. You are big guys making big bucks... gotta bring them down! DD was especially awful.

I hope Skelton is ok... I'm afraid he might be done.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My take:

When Skelton is in the defense rushes 4 and drops 7.
When Kolb is in the defense rushes 7 and plays man.

I don't think the Hags adjusted correctly on his drive and continued to play as if Skelton was in.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
good win...solid team effort...even money Mike made plays in the clutch. I am excited for them...

on the downside....it has become apparent that the damned Niners are indeed the real deal....our team is gonna have to be a pit bull to stay in the fight for the division, or a wild card berth.... but unfortunately the niners are now legit on both sides of the ball.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
good win...solid team effort...even money Mike made plays in the clutch. I am excited for them...

on the downside....it has become apparent that the damned Niners are indeed the real deal....our team is gonna have to be a pit bull to stay in the fight for the division, or a wild card berth.... but unfortunately the niners are now legit on both sides of the ball.

Indeed. GB had a bad defense last year, but Smith still went 20/26 for 211, 2 TD's/0 INT's. He's just a different QB under Harbaugh.

And their D dominated GB most of the game. It wasn't even as close as the final scores says.

And that was on the road. In GB.

Going to be tough to unseat them.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Indeed. GB had a bad defense last year, but Smith still went 20/26 for 211, 2 TD's/0 INT's. He's just a different QB under Harbaugh.

And their D dominated GB most of the game. It wasn't even as close as the final scores says.

Yup. The big difference IMO is the moves they make in free agency and the draft.

They are getting studs like Donte Whitner, Randy Moss, Aldon Smith and Carlos Rogers while we are going for guys like Michael Floyd, William Gay and Adam Snyder.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
They blitzed Skelton relentlessly in the 2nd half
And we never adjusted... why did we continue to go to base offense and not even attempted to change to no huddle that worked like a charm when Kolb got in... but I guess the coaches switched for Kolb and not necessarily adjusted to their 2nd half defensive adjustments.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

Crap... I was hoping this to be a sure loss for them.

No way we unseat them this year with our offense.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defense was ok but missed too many tackles and sacks in the backfield regardless of how mobile QB and how tought RB runs. You are big guys making big bucks... gotta bring them down! DD was especially awful.
Totally agree. Too many whiffed tackles by the big guys.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And we never adjusted... why did we continue to go to base offense and not even attempted to change to no huddle that worked like a charm when Kolb got in... but I guess the coaches switched for Kolb and not necessarily adjusted to their 2nd half defensive adjustments.

To be honest with you, thats the offense Kolb is best at running, shotgun or the hurry up...he did it in HS at Stephenville & at Houston.