Cards Hawks 2012 Game 1 Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A win is a win. It seems like the QB controversy is over for now. Nice goal line stand even if the referees tried to keep the game going.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Their WRs really do suck. 2 potential game winning throws by Wilson dropped in the end zone.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whew. Yes!!!!!!!!! Great win Cards. :)

Does this team have to make every game a nailbiter though? :p

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
You aint ever gonna be then.

What was their to be impressed by? The offense being awful for all but 3 drives? The poor special teams coverage? The defense giving up first downs on third and long to a rookie QB?

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Good lord this team is painful to watch at times, but I will take it! Russel Wilson has a QB rating of 60 with 150 yards and they are talking him up like he's the second coming of Joe Montana. The refs and Leon Washington bailed his ass out in the second half.

And some respect needs to be shown to Money Mike, little man made some great plays late.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well that game went exactly like most of us expected. Only it was Kolb that QBd the comeback. Lol. Hope the Deuce is ok.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dont want to hear anything else about Wilson thisnweek. He showed nothing. He had some under the coverage completions but that was it. He looked like the game was way too fast for him. Cards sufficated that offense

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Without a running game we still go 5-11...we lose by 30 next week.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I was sure PI was going to be called perpetually until Wilson got his TD, allowing him to be drummed up by media all week.

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Leon Washington was the only reason they were still in it, and the refs. Russell Wilson didn't do much.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
thought it would be close. But not like that. WOW. Talk about making the Cards earn it. Kolb came in like a BOSS. Stood in the pocket, made his plays in the 4th. Skelton got hurt. Like opposite day. Whatever. We won. Kolb looked sharp, which was great to see. I'm still VERY concerned about his durability, but I guess that's a road we cross when we get there. My heart is racing...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, amazing!

There were two downs after the botched time out fiasco that were actually Pass Interference and the refs were chicken to call it because of the botched time out fiasco and we won the game.

I love it!

Hahahahha

SHould have been Offenisive PI, yes.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on folks our D was great today. A fumble, interception and long return set up the points for the Hags.

Was looking for a flag on that last play but the play wouldn't have happenned if these officials were high school caliber.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was their to be impressed by? The offense being awful for all but 3 drives? The poor special teams coverage? The defense giving up first downs on third and long to a rookie QB?

The Cardinals won despite all this adversity... that's what.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I thought the refs were bad in the SF/GB game too. in fact they were very bad. late flags and very inconsistent. they picked up a flag on a punt return by GB that should have not been picked up. that timeout debaucle was bad too in AZ. but like a few here said it did give the defense time to rest which was good.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm not shocked at all by what Kolb did. The question isn't about whether he can move the team down the field, but more so whether he can stay healthy and can he stand tall in the pocket under pressure?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Now I will watch Peyton and think of what might have been......