Cards Jets Game Thread 2008

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Kurt Warner of 2008 was coming off the Kurt Warner of 2007 season, where he proved that he still had some game left.

That is why a large majority of people here were calling for Matt to start because Kurt didn't have it. I'm not comparing Anderson to Warner, I'm just saying that people are going overkill. The game vs the Jets was worse than the one vs the Falcons yet we managed to overcome that loss and go to the Super Bowl. I am just trying to get across to people the world won't be ending because we had a bad game. Everyone has bad games. Give this team some time before we write them off for the year and call for Whiz to be fired.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That is why a large majority of people here were calling for Matt to start because Kurt didn't have it. I'm not comparing Anderson to Warner, I'm just saying that people are going overkill. The game vs the Jets was worse than the one vs the Falcons yet we managed to overcome that loss and go to the Super Bowl. I am just trying to get across to people the world won't be ending because we had a bad game. Everyone has bad games. Give this team some time before we write them off for the year and call for Whiz to be fired.

How was it worse? We lost by 21 as opposed to 34. We managed to score 35 points as opposed to 7. We also managed to convert 5 third downs as opposed to zero.

We at least had hope back then because we had a QB who had proven he could play football. Yeah, he was a train wreck in the first half but he shut everyone up in the second half...we haven't even had a glimmer of that with Anderson.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're wasting your breath azsf. Logic has no place once total panic sets in.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
You're wasting your breath azsf. Logic has no place once total panic sets in.

Bullseye.

That being said, I'm with you AZ. Thanks for posting this, it's good to know that someone can keep perspective. I've pretty much only skimmed the board this week, for fear of the gloom and doom. I already see some revisionist history about how we at least knew that Kurt could get the job done. Hilarious. Of course, none of the gloom-and-doomers actually said or even thought this at the time (because that was BEFORE we actually won anything), but it sure does sound good when someone is looking for a way to justify their gloom-and-doom kneejerk about the most recent loss.